Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

3 hours ago, BamaATL said:

In all honesty, I've sort of resided myself to the thought that he will launch at some point (certainly at Ukraine, but don't rule out Poland, Lativa, Lithuania, or Estonia).  If he reaches this stage and actually launches at NATO, it will be out of spite, knowing he's a dead man anyway.  Our best hope is that if he does give the order one in his inner circle will then finally pop him.  

Russia is losing to NATO's surplus, and our 30-40 year-old main battle tanks and 40 year-old fighters have not even entered the chat yet.

Putin sits at long tables, 10 feet away (and longer) from a lot of people because he's scared of covid or assassination.  When he does staged photo ops, he uses the same actors and security personnel in different outfits/uniforms because he's scared of assassination.  He doesn't hang out in Moscow because he's scared of assassination.  He has his opponents and potential enemies killed or relegated to the boonies or jailed because he's scared.

The man is a coward.  He has thrown around the idea of using nukes since almost the first month when the West started helping Ukraine and sanctioning Russia, but if you are serious about nukes, you don't fucking keep threatening and never do it over the course of 10-11 months, you just fucking do it, and if he was going to do it, the time to do it would have been when they got their shit pushed back from Kyiv, because that was the moment that it was clear that Russia was not going to get what it wanted.

If he launched even a small nuke at Ukraine, he knows that India and China will completely cut him off, because that's a bridge too far for both of them (both of them have said as much publicly and China has told him directly, in-person). Even if they hadn't said that,  while the West may not necessarily respond with military action against Russia, the West has publicly said they will completely cut off any nation still trading in some capacity with Russia, and that would kill India's and China's economies within a couple of months (they rely far more on export/import than Russia).  100s of millions of Indians and Chinese all of the sudden out of work, with food imports potentially being affected, is not something either of those governments wants, nor is either government able to handle that militarily if shit goes south and they riot.

• Hook 'Em 3

2 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

The battlefield is anywhere the enemy is found.  There is no "rear area."  Only targets that are farther away.

And yes, I favor commando operations and drone strikes.  No Russian who supports this war should sleep easily, anywhere.  You should have to be afraid of your car blowing up after you go buy your sack of potatoes.  You should fear a drone whirring down onto you as you sleep.  A bullet to the back of the head as you walk to the park.  Death should be a constant specter, walking behind you, laying next to you.  You, Russia, chose the way of death.  Now you get to travel it.

This is a war of extermination: Russia has declared it as such.  Ukraine should fight it as such.  We should help them however we can.

Totally unrelated question: How many beers did you have out on your porch while you were waiting for your room to heat up?

• Haha 1

A native of Ryazan, a graduate of KVAKU, a former division commander #98vdd Major General (retired) Ulyanov Dmitry Alexandrovich, born in 1978. from Anapa he went to command the Tatar motorized rifles, on 04-05/02/23 he met the DRG (according to rumors) and died

^Another dead General?

• Hook 'Em 4

16 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

@Brisketexan is this thread’s version of this guy on Austin tv:

image.png.97144bb0ecdc1384be3bc4702832b8d9.png

@Brisketexan reminds me of the H.L. Mencken quote:

"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats."

And in this regard, I can't say I disagree with him.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Chad Fuck said:

Lots of Russians ARE dying.  The 188k number thrown around most recently is staggering.  

Isn’t that the recent DoD number? I thought it was KIA and wounded. And the problem is- Russia doesn’t give a shit at all how many of their penal soldiers are killed. 

They are fine with running a meat grinder as long as they get to feed the meat in. We need to give Ukraine the weapons to kill the troops they might actually care about. 

Edited by statsman

1 hour ago, MillerEP said:
A native of Ryazan, a graduate of KVAKU, a former division commander #98vdd Major General (retired) Ulyanov Dmitry Alexandrovich, born in 1978. from Anapa he went to command the Tatar motorized rifles, on 04-05/02/23 he met the DRG (according to rumors) and died

^Another dead General?

Rob Lee has a little more context.

• Hook 'Em 6

A retired general doesn't count in the official stats of dead generals

Proof:  the retired air force  General flying for Wagner who was shot down and died  wasn't counted as a general kill

I think the last general to die in combat was the one who died at the same headquarters Gerasimov was visiting when the UKs fired missiles into (while the US was shamefully hiding that headquarters info from Ukr) but they found it anyway and lightly wounded Gerasimov  and killed at least 1 general

And that was back in April I believe

Totally unrelated question: How many beers did you have out on your porch while you were waiting for your room to heat up?

“Just a coupla beers, officer.”
[mention=593]Brisketexan[/mention] reminds me of the H.L. Mencken quote:
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats."
And in this regard, I can't say I disagree with him.

That one has definitely been running through my head, hard.
It’s a war. The primary direct goals are “kill people and break shit.” The more you do of those, the better you’re doing. Russians need to die. As many as possible.
  • Hook 'Em 1

I hear you, Brisket. I get you. 

It would still be better to have a lightning strike that encircles their command center and requires a mass surrender of Russian forces that could lead to ending this damned war. 

Meh. Then after the war, they’ll just go back to Russia, create a false narrative that they won, and raise a new generation of murderous sociopaths. Better to kill them. Every Russian who remains should know the brutal, terrifying, crushing, and undeniable feel of utter defeat. It must become an undeniable cultural identity. “We were bad. We did and supported bad things. We must never do them again.”
You know, the German and Japanese model. That’s how you end up with a nation suitable for being part of the global community. Anything short of that, and you end up with another version of this Russia.
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

Meh. Then after the war, they’ll just go back to Russia, create a false narrative that they won, and raise a new generation of murderous sociopaths. Better to kill them. Every Russian who remains should know the brutal, terrifying, crushing, and undeniable feel of utter defeat. It must become an undeniable cultural identity. “We were bad. We did and supported bad things. We must never do them again.”
You know, the German and Japanese model. That’s how you end up with a nation suitable for being part of the global community. Anything short of that, and you end up with another version of this Russia.

See, but will Russia ever be able to meet the modern concept of a nation? They can control their colonies, or so they think. It is not Russia, it is Moscow. Just like it is not longer the British Empire, it is England. 

• Hook 'Em 2

4 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Meh. Then after the war, they’ll just go back to Russia, create a false narrative that they won, and raise a new generation of murderous sociopaths. 

After this is over, we need to try and figure out how to once again flood Russia's internet with our social media, YouTube, etc.

Yeah, we'll get Qanon idiots repeating the propaganda here in the US, and idiots like Elon Musk who also can't differentiate between Russian propaganda and the actual facts, but we'll continue to chip away at their youth and the upbringing they are getting, and how shitty much of their country is while the oligarchs are building yachts worth hundreds of millions of dollars.

I may very well be wrong, but my gut says that of the 700,000 or so that fled Russia, social media helped show them the way. There's a reason why all of the major (rational) Russian YouTubers fled, and many of them documented how they did it and why they did it.

Thanks to social media, YouTube, etc., they caught a glimpse of how green it was on the other side, and sure it's just a few steps taken forwards, while some are sleepwalking back again, as if they're dragged by the force of some inner tide, but the alternative is a life consumed by slow decay.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

I may very well be wrong, but my gut says that of the 700,000 or so that fled Russia, social media helped show them the way.

So a tik toc on how to make cardboard containers into a jewelry box and another making someone keep rinsing their hair in a public shower is the way to get Russians to want to come here. And we want them, why? So China can take Siberia? Those chinamen are clever.

Russia trying to push

https://www.wsj.com/articles/russia-pushes-on-several-fronts-in-ukraine-11675770451?mod=world_lead_pos1#comments_sector

DNIPRO, Ukraine—Russian forces launched multiple attacks in eastern Ukraine, pushing for a breakthrough on the battlefield ahead of the delivery of new Western weapons, although the U.K. cast doubt on the prospects for a major Russian offensive.  

The General Staff of Ukraine’s armed forces said Russia was regrouping and attacking on five fronts in the eastern Donetsk and Luhansk regions, as part of a wider offensive anticipated by Kyiv and its Western allies. 

7 hours ago, Gatorubet said:

I was thinking tonight about how Russia cannot even tell the truth about its own military history in World War II, the victory over Germany being the most treasured seminal event in Russian history.   Because Russians are incapable of introspection and acknowledging their errors and failure, they will NEVER be able to correct all that is wrong in their society.

This sounds so familiar... I can't quite put my finger on it...like another institution we are familiar with..

• Haha 4

Old granny waves her black flag and makes ghillie suits.

"Some 90 years on, she refuses to accept the latest aggression. Her hatred for Russia is visible as she mimics a slitting of the throat. “We need to exterminate them so that not a single one is left. Only then can there be any peace,” Yarosh says of the Russians."

https://www.cnn.com/2023/02/06/europe/ukraine-famine-survivor-intl/index.html

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1
  • Drool 1

3 hours ago, KYHorn said:

Tangentially related but worth noting:

Tied into that, India just landed and launched the first Indian-manufactured fighter off of the first Indian-manufactured aircraft carrier

https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/first-fighters-land-aboard-indias-first-homegrown-aircraft-carrier

Big deal for their defense industry, and they’ve increased/updated their plans to move to another homegrown fighter that’s more advanced.  Russia is going to continue losing a lot of defense business.

• Hook 'Em 3

2 hours ago, statsman said:

Feels like we are seeing more and more social media posts showing Russians being killed/wounded in groups.

On a side note, have a friend who was a combat medic and I showed him the video of the Russian dying in the ditch water.

He thinks the guy probably had a chest wound of sorts and his lungs were filling up with blood.  He said in that kind of situation, you are in 100% panic mode and the guy was literally drowning on his own blood anyways.  He said if the guy got hit in the legs, arms, or even stomach, there would have been some awareness of the water and keeping your head up would have been a natural instinct.  Choking on his own blood though…nightmare fuel.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1