Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

48 minutes ago, Chad Fuck said:

I gotta say, I just really don't understand the push for F-16s.  Please explain it to me.  Like, within the US political sphere, I get it.  If the GOP says, "Biden won't give Ukraine F-16s" and they can use that as a talking point, fine.  But it doesn't seem to fill a niche that they need right now and it seems super resource intensive.  In other words, they get get a bigger bang for their buck out of other systems.  It's a head scratcher to me. Unless they want to reach out and touch some Bears out over the sea.  

Like was said, cheap, plentiful, and being retired by a lot of countries, and the USAF has over a thousand in storage.

My big thing is that, like was also said, they provide a full-range of easy access to Western/NATO air-launched weapons (air-to-air and air-to-ground), instead of them having to jerry-rig NATO weapons to MiGs.  We have plenty of older weapons sitting in storage that would be opened up.

48 minutes ago, The Dog said:

This is starting to feel like the Abrams thing - a group of Congressmen went to Biden and said they wanted tanks for Ukraine, and *poof* it happened.

• Hook 'Em 5

1 hour ago, 956 Worldwide said:

And instead of getting DARPA to jerry-rig MiGs to shoot western weapons, the whole suite is open to you. And yes, it’s the most widely available platform that could be supplied in real numbers. The F-16 is great for AD and for ground support, with the full suite of western weapons and adequate numbers they can do real in-theatre SEAD missions and also fully integrate air support into their offensives. 

There’s also an element of “let’s get these while we maybe can” politically. 

All they really gotta do is change the speedometer from miles per hour to kilometers really.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Chad Fuck said:

I gotta say, I just really don't understand the push for F-16s.  Please explain it to me.  Like, within the US political sphere, I get it.  If the GOP says, "Biden won't give Ukraine F-16s" and they can use that as a talking point, fine.  But it doesn't seem to fill a niche that they need right now and it seems super resource intensive.  In other words, they get get a bigger bang for their buck out of other systems.  It's a head scratcher to me. Unless they want to reach out and touch some Bears out over the sea.  

Better than the Migs they’re flying, and they know they aren’t going to get a more advanced fighter from us anytime soon. Plus, if they get the planes, they get a whole lot of missiles to go along with em.

• Hook 'Em 2

5 hours ago, Dahobbs said:

You were wrong on everything. 

I believe on that post besides the Patriot damage, I referenced the Western Ukrainian ammo depot strike being blown off as a nothingburger, old shells. We won’t ever know that answer. Also referenced Bakhmut falling and the rationalization here being that now the Ukrainians can collapse on the flanks. TBD there. 

So, this was in Politico this morning. 

This is interesting coming a couple days after Zelensky said counteroffensive was being delayed until they acquired more weapons.

“It’s a scenario that may prove the most realistic long-term outcome given that neither Kyiv nor Moscow appear inclined to ever admit defeat. It’s also becoming increasingly likely amid the growing sense within the administration that an upcoming Ukrainian counteroffensive won’t deal a mortal blow to Russia.”

They say they’re planning for all contingencies but it’s pretty clear that you write this story to float the idea out there. Especially to the hardcore supporters. The beginning of letting them down easy?

No one is winning.  A stalemate, as I said earlier. 

If you think about it, not the worst outcome considering where we stand. Ukraine is allowed to regroup and rearm. Russia gets a portion of Ukraine that they’ve blown to bits anyway. Woohoo. Then you let the sanctions work as Russia is an international pariah. In a year or two their economy and industrial capacity is wrecked They’re basically a bigger North Korea. Putin can sell as a win. We back away from possible nuclear conflict. Things settle down. Anyway, flame away. 

Edited by Mullet Free
  • Fuck You 16

6 minutes ago, Mullet Free said:

I believe on that post besides the Patriot damage, I referenced the Western Ukrainian ammo depot strike being blown off as a nothingburger, old shells. We won’t ever know that answer. Also referenced Bakhmut falling and the rationalization here being that now the Ukrainians can collapse on the flanks. TBD there. 

This is interesting coming a couple days after Zelensky said counteroffensive was being delayed until they acquired more weapons.

“It’s a scenario that may prove the most realistic long-term outcome given that neither Kyiv nor Moscow appear inclined to ever admit defeat. It’s also becoming increasingly likely amid the growing sense within the administration that an upcoming Ukrainian counteroffensive won’t deal a mortal blow to Russia.”

They say they’re planning for all contingencies but it’s pretty clear that you write this story to float the idea out there. Especially to the hardcore supporters. The beginning of letting them down easy?

If you think about it, not the worst outcome considering where we stand. Ukraine is allowed to regroup and rearm. Russia gets a portion of Ukraine that they’ve blown to bits anyway. Woohoo. Then you let the sanctions work as Russia is an international pariah. In a year or two their economy and industrial capacity is wrecked They’re basically a bigger North Korea. Putin can sell as a win. We back away from possible nuclear conflict. Things settle down. Anyway, flame away. 

Does this mean that Ann-Margaret is not coming?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 4

10 minutes ago, Mullet Free said:

All the sudden a stalemate is now a Russian win. Ok.  

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

You do not want Ukraine to win because your team, Team Trump and Team Tucker, are pro-Russia. Everything else you say is just Russian talking points and bullshit obfuscation.

QFT.

I mean, this is a man who cites zerohedge pieces/Twitter threads that end in "it's all going to collapse, and in the end, only gold and bitcoin will be left standing!"  He guzzles Zerohedge bullshit like Andre the Giant drank beer.

• Hook 'Em 2

8 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

Everyone knows if Russia invaded us and took Alaska and the Pacific Northwest, after a year of Russia destroying cities like Seattle and Portland and Anchorage - and after deadly attacks on civilians with torture chambers and rape rooms, and after sending our kids to Siberia, I’m sure the US would just agree to let them have it as long as the damn war ended, and people quit dying.

Yeah, that sounds right. We would do that if we were in that situation. 

Well, I've been to Portland, I'm going to have to weigh that.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

31 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

I mean, this is a man who cites zerohedge pieces/Twitter threads that end in "it's all going to collapse, and in the end, only gold and bitcoin will be left standing!"  He guzzles Zerohedge bullshit like Andre the Giant drank beer.

The thing that pisses me off about Zerohedge is that I could write better fanfic news than the bullshit they toss out there.  My Qanon relative would send that shit out to relatives, and most of us junked it, but occasionally I'd look, and yeah, it's a front for Russian stuff, but it's absolute crap - a little more polishing and it would be halfway believable.

• Hook 'Em 1

36 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

The thing that pisses me off about Zerohedge is that I could write better fanfic news than the bullshit they toss out there.  My Qanon relative would send that shit out to relatives, and most of us junked it, but occasionally I'd look, and yeah, it's a front for Russian stuff, but it's absolute crap - a little more polishing and it would be halfway believable.

Every time I see one of those commercials for buying gold, I can't help myself but think of I'm Gonna Get You Sucka.  

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Dahobbs said:

All the sudden a stalemate is now a Russian win. Ok.  

No I said maybe Putin could sell it as a win. 

1 hour ago, SquishMitten said:

He’s just laying out the talking points he’s heard about Russian victory. In Mullet’s words, “The beginning of letting them down easy.” 

The talking points from a Politico article?

55 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

Everyone knows if Russia invaded us and took Alaska and the Pacific Northwest, after a year of Russia destroying cities like Seattle and Portland and Anchorage - and after deadly attacks on civilians with torture chambers and rape rooms, and after sending our kids to Siberia, I’m sure the US would just agree to let them have it as long as the damn war ended, and people quit dying.

Yeah, that sounds right. We would do that if we were in that situation. 

This is a tortured, nonsensical analogy. 

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

QFT.

Pretty sure I’ve never cited a Zero Hedge piece because it’s a Russian media outlet. I’ve shared their tweets with straight economic data and no editorializing just to trigger people like yourself. 

• Fuck You 12

https://www.cnn.com/2023/05/18/politics/us-allies-f-16-jets-ukraine/index.html

Defense officials and congressional staffers told CNN that Ukrainian troops have in recent weeks used the US-made Patriot air defense system to shoot down at least one faraway Russian fighter jet. The Russian jets have largely been staying behind Russian defensive lines, making them difficult for Ukraine to target with shorter-range systems like NASAMs.

You know, it’s a shame editorial cartooning isn’t what it used to be. Otherwise, there’d be a black and white cartoon, by somebody like Bill Mauldin, of downtown Kyiv, with Uncle Sam standing in front of a Patriot battery, rolling up his sleeves with a pissed off look on his face.

(I thought maybe thujone could do it, but I’m afraid we’d get pissed off Uncle Sam unzipping his pants with a Russian bear bent over in front of him). 

Edited by statsman
  • Hook 'Em 8
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Mullet Free said:

Pretty sure I’ve never cited a Zero Hedge piece because it’s a Russian media outlet. I’ve shared their tweets with straight economic data and no editorializing just to trigger people like yourself. 

You've taken the current information and concluded that Russia, which can't take a town the size of San Marcus, is closer to taking Kiev than Ukraine is to kicking Russia out. And that's after Ukraine's fall offensive that recovered vast swaths of territory, and Russia's winter offensive that took about 10 sq miles. That is fucking tortured. 

• Hook 'Em 8
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, statsman said:

https://www.cnn.com/2023/05/18/politics/us-allies-f-16-jets-ukraine/index.html

You know, it’s a shame editorial cartooning isn’t what it used to be. Otherwise, there’d be a black and white cartoon, by somebody like Bill Mauldin, of downtown Kyiv, with Uncle Sam standing in front of a Patriot battery, rolling up his sleeves with a pissed off look on his face.

That seems to be stretching the range of the Patriots though, since you'd have to have one fairly close to Ukrainian lines, and I was sure they were all back around Kyiv and a few other places.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

You've taken the current information and concluded that Russia, which can't take a town the size of San Marcus, is closer to taking Kiev than Ukraine is to kicking Russia out.

Hey man, that town is 145 miles to the Russian border!  Do you know how hard it would be to send troops 145 miles down a road?

3 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

You've taken the current information and concluded that Russia, which can't take a town the size of San Marcus, is closer to taking Kiev than Ukraine is to kicking Russia out. And that's after Ukraine's fall offensive that recovered vast swaths of territory, and Russia's winter offensive that took about 10 sq miles. That is fucking tortured. 

Every post GRUhorn-> Satoshi->Immaculate Vibes-> Caponata>Humble Beast->Mullet Free makes is in bad faith and an attempt to pump up Russia at the expense of the West. 

It'll be the same with the next user name and the next one and the next one...

• Hook 'Em 5

20 minutes ago, Mullet Free said:

Star Trek Kirk GIF

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Mullet Free said:

You literally posted this tweet string:

Same old Russian agitprop goldbug crypto shit. 

You think you're being clever.  Yet....you're not.  Maybe you believe your bullshit, but nobody else does.

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Haha 1

52 minutes ago, Mullet Free said:

The only things we know that are immutable are death, taxes, and the fact you’ll never explain or give your thoughts on why it is tortured and nonsensical.   

But I am a hazarding a guess that you are the only person in this thread stupid enough to think that Russia will ever honor any cease-fire or peace agreement past the point Russia is once again capable of breaking it. 

Edit: it just occurred to me that you may not believe the rape rooms or torture chambers or civilian attack analogy because your buddies the Russians would not do that. 

Edited by Gatorubet
  • Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, Mullet Free said:

Negged for claiming to troll. c’mon man

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Dahobbs said:

Give him a break. He's in his bunker, with no internet, and terrified yes men feeding him information. 

• Haha 3