Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

See, this is my million dollar idea....."Hallmark After Dark."

You watch the regular Hallmark Movie, where cute busy NY gal ends up in Christmas Falls, and ends up falling for the local handyman or some shit.  They kiss, the movie ends.  Then...."Hallmark After Dark" begins with "Christmas Falls Part II: the Holiday Whore."  This movie focuses on the freaky sex the new couple has, including some shocking moves the gal picked up in NY that really surprise the handyman....but he quickly gets into it, and deploys some creative ideas of his own....

We would OWN the "Fifty Shades of Gray" demographic.  We would OWN THEM.

If you can convince Candace Cameron Bure to sign off on this then I'll give you all my Elon surlybevo money. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, BamaATL said:

This was reportedly the 3rd S400 system destroyed by the Ukrainians, 2 of which were done in fairly rapid succession; today and August 23rd.  At a certain point, the Russian's will either have to stop deploying these out of lack of availability or fear of destruction.  I have no idea what that tipping point is, but this sets up nicely to help the new air power coming on line.  

729307ab-2f36-4eac-89b9-998873d55a21_tex

Edited by AUS-97HORN

3 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Then...."Hallmark After Dark" begins with "Christmas Falls Part II: the Holiday Whore."  This movie focuses on the freaky sex the new couple has, including some shocking moves the gal picked up in NY that really surprise the handyman....but he quickly gets into it, and deploys some creative ideas of his own....

Certainly, that plot is a good way to segue to other characters - like the super hot ER doctor, who meets the protagonists when he does the emergency gerbil removal surgery.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

So, Команда? ["A-team" in Russian, per google translate]

I was gonna make a dig at your kid's potato gun vehicle being more reliable and better equipped for war.

Or a CyberTruck joke (couldn't make it work quickly, thought the profile is actually fairly close and as shitty) 

So the A-Team will work.  

• Hook 'Em 5

17 minutes ago, Chopper said:

I was on a flight yesterday and just as the plane took off the guy seated next to me asked, "Are you familiar with the offshore platforms the Ukrainians recently captured on the Black Sea near Crimea?"

"As a matter of fact, yes."

In a hushed voice, he continued. "The russians were using those to monitor the entire Black Sea. And it's amazing how quickly re-capturing those paid off because there's no way the Ukes would have spotted a submarine above water without being able to utilize those platforms. Russia's militarization of oil platforms got turned in their faces and they were caught unprepared and flat-footed."

And then before I could even ask if he had proof or whether it was circumstantial, the plane landed. Short flight. Burbank to LAX.

Was there a short bus included in this story?  

33 minutes ago, BamaATL said:

I was gonna make a dig at your kid's potato gun vehicle being more reliable and better equipped for war.

Or a CyberTruck joke (couldn't make it work quickly, thought the profile is actually fairly close and as shitty) 

So the A-Team will work.  

I wonder if Russia ripping off Elon's design will finally sway him to not be such a cocksucker (NTTAWWT)

• Haha 3

26 minutes ago, Chad Fuck said:

Is it me, or does it look like there was enough heat either under the rear superstructure or on the superstructure itself that there was melting/collapse?

Maybe, it's hard to tell if it's that or just garbage.  We've seen how the Russians generally don't keep areas clean or police themselves in this regard so often that it's easy to believe that their dry dock would just be littered with refuse.  

With the increase in sea attacks the last few days, it seems clear the plan was to damage the docks, then attack the sea.  The fact that the Russian's just happened to have 2 ships in dock when they hit it appears to be just sauce for the goose.  

• Hook 'Em 3

24 minutes ago, BamaATL said:

With the increase in sea attacks the last few days, it seems clear the plan was to damage the docks, then attack the sea.  The fact that the Russian's just happened to have 2 ships in dock when they hit it appears to be just sauce for the goose.  

And those oil platforms the Ukrainians took back are looking increasingly important.

• Hook 'Em 3

Maybe, it's hard to tell if it's that or just garbage.  We've seen how the Russians generally don't keep areas clean or police themselves in this regard so often that it's easy to believe that their dry dock would just be littered with refuse.  

Vodka runs can’t wait.
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Chopper said:

I was on a flight yesterday and just as the plane took off the guy seated next to me asked, "Are you familiar with the offshore platforms the Ukrainians recently captured on the Black Sea near Crimea?"

"As a matter of fact, yes."

In a hushed voice, he continued. "The russians were using those to monitor the entire Black Sea. And it's amazing how quickly re-capturing those paid off because there's no way the Ukes would have spotted a submarine above water without being able to utilize those platforms. Russia's militarization of oil platforms got turned in their faces and they were caught unprepared and flat-footed."

And then before I could even ask if he had proof or whether it was circumstantial, the plane landed. Short flight. Burbank to LAX.

Change the flight to Birmingham to Nashville and say the guy vaguely looked like Hank Williams. New hit country song.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

fwiw I put the post up because I read something yesterday with speculation about the attack but I couldn't find it to quote or cite. And it seemed like a short, possibly funny tangent.

Anyway here's what we "know."

--the Ukes have had the Storm Shadow missile, apparently their longest range weapon, since May

--when they took control of the platforms among the prizes captured (apparently at the end of last month) was russian radar which was used to protect russian assets

It seems a reasonable deduction that a) step 1 was to disable russian radar, then b) launch an attack (10 missiles and 3 naval drones were reportedly used).

If it were as simple as launching the missiles and drones at a target, they could have done that anytime after taking possession of the Storm Shadows.

Edited by Chopper
  • Hook 'Em 4

39 minutes ago, Chopper said:

fwiw I put the post up because I read something yesterday with speculation about the attack but I couldn't find it to quote or cite. And it seemed like a short, possibly funny tangent.

Anyway here's what we "know."

--the Ukes have had the Storm Shadow missile, apparently their longest range weapon, since May

--when they took control of the platforms among the prizes captured (apparently at the end of last month) was russian radar which was used to protect russian assets

It seems a reasonable deduction that a) step 1 was to disable russian radar, then b) launch an attack (10 missiles and 3 naval drones were reportedly used).

If it were as simple as launching the missiles and drones at a target, they could have done that anytime after taking possession of the Storm Shadows.

I have no idea if this is what indeed took place, but when you put it that way, it doesn't seem logically out of bounds.  Perhaps the Ukrainians used the captured radar to somehow trick Russian radar and operators.  It could be that this was also used to get the S400 system as well, it had been geolocated for some time prior, but they just got it now.  

Killed in Ukraine has had some interesting posts...first the usual "this is how many were killed" from last week

One example..a military conductor that may have been acting as a battalion commander.

"For a long time he led the military orchestra in Borzya, Chita region. What’s even more interesting is that, according to another sources “Sayan had been acting as battalion commander for the last month.”

• Haha 1

Balakovo, Russia: 

• 16 soldiers killed in Afghanistan in 9 years
  • 50 soldiers killed in Ukraine in 1.5 years
  • 29 of them from PMC Wagner
  • 3 of them from Storm penal unit.
  • More than half of those killed are Wagnerites and convicts.

This sheds some light on the Russian people’s support for this terrorist organisation.

• Hook 'Em 1

Whichever one of you imports his widow, take some photos of yourself wearing his uniform or show up in it at a Surly tailgate party.

One of his kids seems embarrassed that mom made him put on his dad's uniform jacket, the other seems pleased that mom didn't ask him to wear it.

F50ypZlXAAAKXjA?format=webp&name=medium

Edited by atomheartbevo
  • Hook 'Em 1

13 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Amazing jobs on the funerals for their war heroes...either those two in the bottom photo are his kids/relatives, or they know they are about to be mobilized

I could have sworn he was posting on twitter just this afternooon

Are they burying this guy in the town square?  

• Haha 1

Here's the meat of his stats, and later in the long-ass thread, he mentions that this has problems, since it's only based on confirmed Russian officer deaths, that there are issues with LNR/DNR losses, that reported deaths lag by a long time (as I posted above, some of those deaths go back to June) and that deaths from the current counter-offensive are not included. 

He also gets into the fact that Russian command structures differ from American command structures - in the US military, many decisions are made independently by lower ranks, whereas with the Russians, they are more centralized/top-down, so their field-grade officers (majors and up) are making decisions that American junior officers (captains/lieutenants)/NCOs would normally make. This exposes higher-ranking Russian officers at the front more oftent, leading to more deaths among those ranks than you get with Americans. I'm not going to post more, as it's a long thread.

• Hook 'Em 1