Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

2 hours ago, InkaUtexas said:

Hit the navy again. 

1 hour ago, Laxtonto said:

They have wiped out most of the AA systems around Sevastopol, killed the rigs that were the early warning systems and are now just decimating as much as they can in the port.

Russia uses their cruise missiles to take out...*checks notes* civilian apartment buildings, restaurants, schools, hospitals, and streets.

Ukraine uses their cruise missiles to destroy ships, dry docks, air-defense systems, and *healthy list of military targets*

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

The hits keep on coming for Russia, as a Putin takes it further backwards 

https://www.cnn.com/2023/09/17/world/armenia-russia-kremlin-us-intl/index.html

The Russians have about a brigade in Armenia and also have several Mig-29s that fly out of that base. Flights of the MiGs are pretty common in the skies over Yerevan. 

Armenia made a strategic miscalculation in relying on Putin’s Russia. A different Russia might indeed have had the political will to stand up to the Azeris and to have deterred them from going in to NK. And it could have been a deterrence action and not a conflict. But Putin is not capable of acting like an ally to anyone and he correctly calculated that Armenia had no real other options. Now, it’s unlikely Russia has the capacity to actually act against Azerbaijan while tied down in Ukraine.

• Hook 'Em 6

Hey @blacklab or any of the other Surly sub vets, from @Schulz2.0's twitter link above

I'm assuming the Russians didn't have any armaments or fuel in the sub while it was in dry dock (but we are talking about Russians, so...), but it looks like the the cruise missile impacted behind the sail and then something cooked off by the bow planes instead of two missile hits.

I maybe reading this wrong, but on the first photo, on the starboard side, looking from the stern area, you have the gaping hole in the side behind the sail which definitely looks like a missile impact, and then some damage past the bow planes, and the second photo is still on the starboard side, looking back from the bow area at said damage near the bow planes.  

The original link said it was two different hits, and the photo seems slightly off (the different color of the hull under the bow in the second photo vs the first photo) , but the diagram below shows torpedo/cruise missile storage in that area under the bow planes, which if even just one or two torpedoes/missiles were on board, could have cooked off from a fire.

Super Troopers Reaction GIF by Searchlight Pictures

F6TeJRIWAAABVSi?format=jpg&name=small

F6TeJRPWkAAFCLq?format=jpg&name=small

kilo-class-model.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 7

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

All I'm sayin' is that if we want to make sure the rooskies don't put that sub back in action, we probably need to put this guy on the sanctions list:

default-large.jpg

If only we had Billy Mays still around.  We could use that awesome auger to demine all of Ukraine for 3 easy payments of $39.95.  

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

All right, I’ll be jumping on a plane in about two hours and touching down in Riga next day. Riga has become kind of a major hub for (real) dissident Russians and also of course a leader on Ukraine and countering Russian influence. 

Will report back. It’s gonna be a nice feeling to be back close to the action. 

I hope you get a latvia done.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

6 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

All right, I’ll be jumping on a plane in about two hours and touching down in Riga next day. Riga has become kind of a major hub for (real) dissident Russians and also of course a leader on Ukraine and countering Russian influence. 

If you run into Evika Silina pictures would be appreciated.  

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

check your rpg. not allowed in carryon any more.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3
  • Rage+1 1

On 9/17/2023 at 10:09 AM, Gatorubet said:

So  lemme see- you let the murderers and rapists and the most violent scum of your corrupt society out of prison to join a private mercenary group so they can commit war crimes in Ukraine.  And then, after their failed march on Moscow and they are broken up, Putin’s government decides that no one can employ them.

And this comes after Putin kicks wounded Wagner’s fighters out of hospitals, and refuses to give pay relatives for deaths or pay the wounded.  

Honestly, I can’t see how having a bunch of career criminal murdering scum being lied to by the government could result in any problems down the road.   That Putin, he is playing 5D chess.

The Wagnerites are such fucking pussies. Your god was blown out of the sky and you did nothing. Now you whine about not being able to get a job flipping burgers at Burger King? Fuck you, you losers. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2