Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

1 minute ago, Aqua Buddha said:

Why we just get involved and kicked some Russian ass?

Errbody by like "We can't make Putin mad."  So what if we did?  Not one single person besides him wants this to happen right now.  This isn't the old Soviet Union.  Kick his bitch ass in the Ukraine and didn't let him intimidate people just because he has nukes.  He ain't gonna use them.

We could destroy that caravan tonight and it would billions of dollars and thousands of lives.

This is super dumb. Unless we have Intel that they will not take the nuclear launch order this will trigger a nuclear response immediately - he would have no other option. 

• Hook 'Em 2

20 minutes ago, Zonahorn said:

I think they can take it, but I don't think they can keep it, and I don't see how they can govern it. These Ukrainians are some surly mother fuckers, they can maintain insurgency for the long haul until putins puds get tired of them and gtfo. I hope the reports of Russian soldiers seeing that there is literally nothing personal for them to gain through this are true and they just give the fuck up. NATO countries should all offer a path to citizenship for any Russian soldier who defects and their families (subject to proper vetting of course).

• Hook 'Em 1

39 minutes ago, Macanudo said:

I'm curious about something.   If the Russians targeted Pantex, what would the fallout be like throughout the Southwest and Midwest?

Depends on what they hit it with and if the explosion is meant to penetrate the ground where the fissile material is. Most nukes detonate above the ground to maximize the damage created by merging shock waves. This is rough on surface targets but if you’re adequately deep, things should be kept from the open air and mixing rising with the mushroom cloud adding to fallout.

But to answer your question, i would say it probably wouldn’t reach south Texas, but who cares because they have a mussel with Ft. Hood and San Antonio’s name on it.

2 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

So should Ukraine hang the W now or wait till later?

There is a meat grinder path to victory only - that means Russian or Ukrainian blood is the only path to victory. Ukraine cannot outright "win" this conflict, they can only survive long enough for Russia to die/regime change before they lose. 

2 minutes ago, immamac said:

This is super dumb. Unless we have Intel that they will not take the nuclear launch order this will trigger a nuclear response immediately - he would have no other option. 

His other option would be to not do it.  You option leaves him the option of doing whatever he wants whenever he wants.

Better let him have sex with the Queen of England.  He might nuke England.

We don't even know if Dead Hand is truly offline. Dead Hand is the guaranteed "final strike" mechanism the Soviets had. If the system detected a nuclear conflict and did not periodically receive a signal telling it that Russian command was still operational, it automatically launched a retaliatory strike. There are various views on the Intel behind it and some think that such a system doesn't exist, but it was still a potential issue with a successful decapitation strike.

2 hours ago, Bobby_Batronic said:

Russia may have a way back, but they are economically destroyed until Putin is gone. Which means he won’t be in charge much longer, or alive much longer than that. 

Everyone is thinking nuke strikes. Imagine what a cyber attack that crippled our electrical grid for a month would do. Or an actual EMP attack. Or a hypersonic cruise missile strike on things like the Atchafalaya Locks. You can F up America for a long time and kill most of our populace without glassing our cities. And Putin may not care what the reprisals are once he understands that he’s a dead man walking.  

They can't even get fuel to their guys less than 100 clicks from them.

2 minutes ago, Eastwood said:

We don't even know if Dead Hand is truly offline. Dead Hand is the guaranteed "final strike" mechanism the Soviets had. If the system detected a nuclear conflict and did not periodically receive a signal telling it that Russian command was still operational, it automatically launched a retaliatory strike. There are various views on the Intel behind it and some think that such a system doesn't exist, but it was still a potential issue with a successful decapitation strike.

I suspect we would know this one way or the other at this point, but its for all these types of reasons the best ending here is to let either the oligarchs or russian intel or a combination of the two to end this with an internal coup d'etat.  

The amount of people that don’t realize you fly over the North Pole to get to Asia, not across the Pacific is both an indictment of our Geography teaching AND the Mercator projection. 
Not all flights. I've flown to east Asia a bunch and never flown over the north pole.
  • Hook 'Em 2

11 minutes ago, immamac said:

They never recovered population wise from that and are in population decline already. How does math work? 

I remember this video from a few years ago. Just in-fucking-sane that Putin is willing to go at this again.

• Hook 'Em 2

6 minutes ago, immamac said:

As tragic as Ukraine civilian casualties are that doesn't mean we should start a nuclear conflict. That's the dumbest shit I've ever read. Putin can ONLY do shit in Ukraine and now he and his cronies and the majority of the Russian economy has been shut off from the world. That isn't "letting him do whatever he wants" it's saying in no uncertain terms fuck around and find out beyond Ukraine. 

We have no fucking obligation to Ukraine or the EU. We have an obligation to NATO countries, of which there are a grand total of 0 involved. 

Didn't say we should start a nuclear conflict.

What do we do when he attacks a NATO country?  He might use nukes.

10 minutes ago, Eastwood said:

To blatantly steal from Dr Strangelove, what's the point of having the dead hand if you don't advertise its existence?

Edited by Not a cat
  • Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

There is no W for Ukraine. There's survive as a country and people or don't

No shit?

my point was that people are celebrating a tad early with the 6,000 russian dead. It’s nice, but historically, they are willing to lose more. 

Just now, Neonmoon said:

No shit?

my point was that people are celebrating a tad early with the 6,000 russian dead. It’s nice, but historically, they are willing to lose more. 

Well.  Different story.  Those dead Russians included Ukranians too.  It's one thing to die defending your country.  It's a different thing being the invader

3 minutes ago, immamac said:

As tragic as Ukraine civilian casualties are that doesn't mean we should start a nuclear conflict. That's the dumbest shit I've ever read. Putin can ONLY do shit in Ukraine and now he and his cronies and the majority of the Russian economy has been shut off from the world. That isn't "letting him do whatever he wants" it's saying in no uncertain terms fuck around and find out beyond Ukraine. 

We have no fucking obligation to Ukraine or the EU. We have an obligation to NATO countries, of which there are a grand total of 0 involved. 

Yeah the US should do nothing unilaterally from a military perspective. Work within NATO.

The question is how hard to crush the Russian economy and Putin directly financially. Does Russia launch nukes over sanctions/embargo? 

Unfortunately the military play here for NATO is to sit back and let Putin hang himself in this quagmire while tip toeing the line  providing arms help to Ukraine extend him out as much as possible. The goal being Russia stalls out and eventually retreats back after horrifying all the countries around them to border them with NATO all on the sides. 

Millions of Ukrainians might have to die so billions of humans don't die in nuclear holocaust if we destroy Putin's forces head on and he launches. 

1 minute ago, Neonmoon said:

No shit?

A couple of things about that though.  In WW2 they were invaded, not the other way around.  They fought, as the Ukrainians are now fighting, to protect their homeland.  The people at that time didn't have access to the amount of information the people now do.  We know that not all Russians are getting the full picture, but at least some are.  Those two distinctions could have a very different reaction for the general public's stomach for death.  Given Putin's isolation in a Ural Mountain hardened facility, I'm not sure that general public could actually overthrow him.  However, public sentiment could persuade people actually near him to act. 

18 minutes ago, Eastwood said:

Ah yes, I remember the "Doomsday Machine" theory from the Cold War.

9 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

No shit?

Putin won't care how many die until it gets him killed or taken captive. Their economic and logistics issues are what will stop him. 

19 minutes ago, gsoda3 said:
1 hour ago, Bateshorn said:
The amount of people that don’t realize you fly over the North Pole to get to Asia, not across the Pacific is both an indictment of our Geography teaching AND the Mercator projection. 

Not all flights. I've flown to east Asia a bunch and never flown over the north pole.

Rhetorically speaking.  You actually fly over Canada, Alaska , and Kamchatka if you are coming out of the NE. From LA  you fly across the the Northern Pacific. You don’t fly “horizontally” across the Pacific.

E9F74206-5BCC-4B48-A8F4-9CAC921CDF39.jpeg

Edited by Bateshorn

13 minutes ago, ShaggyBevo RIP said:

They can't even get fuel to their guys less than 100 clicks from them.

Which do you think is harder:

Supplying the logistical train supporting 150,000 soldiers or employing a group of hackers to F up our wide ass open power grid? Already forgotten them shutting down a few pipelines on a whim?

Think it’s hard to lob a single high yield warhead high up into the atmosphere for an EMP attack? That’s a button push. I assure you they’ve got missiles and warheads dedicated to that very thing.  

You’re confusing general ineptitude of conventional forces with asymmetric warfare conducted by specialized units.  

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, BamaATL said:

A couple of things about that though.  In WW2 they were invaded, not the other way around.  They fought, as the Ukrainians are now fighting, to protect their homeland.  The people at that time didn't have access to the amount of information the people now do.  We know that not all Russians are getting the full picture, but at least some are.  Those two distinctions could have a very different reaction for the general public's stomach for death.  Given Putin's isolation in a Ural Mountain hardened facility, I'm not sure that general public could actually overthrow him.  However, public sentiment could persuade people actually near him to act. 

Russians would kill Putin over economic sanctions before they give a shit about another 6,000 soldiers dying 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Doc Reeves said:

One the one hand good for them, on the other that definitely going to deeply piss that narcissistic sociopath off.

He’s going to be brutal so he appears strong then deflect blame and say the Ukrainians brought this on themselves.

Fucking prick. 

He was born and raised on the propaganda teat. He knows he's is losing in every venue.

• Hook 'Em 1

14 minutes ago, Constant said:

Fucking amen.

We talk a lot of shit about the Russians because we have a sort of rivalry relationship almost like UT versus OU. But when you get brought down to brass tacks Russian sare an extremely proud culture/group of people..

The soldiers in That brigade would fight to the death if the cause were actually for their country and not some little PP man child’s ego.

That’s definitely a hole in the levee.

Edited by Doc Reeves
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Drool 1

Rhetorically speaking.  You actually fly over Canada, Alaska , and Kamchatka. You don’t fly “horizontally” across the Pacific.

E9F74206-5BCC-4B48-A8F4-9CAC921CDF39.thumb.jpeg.b37bad086bd54e3cf2969bb110b7067e.jpeg
Yeah the Kamchatka route is the one I'm familiar with since we're always leaving from the west coast. I believe the east coast direct routes actually do fly over the north pole.