Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

6 minutes ago, Macanudo said:

Can we actually prove that?  I mean, has anyone actually met her in real life?

Oh, wait. I have. 

Yes...you have! 🤘

Actually, quite a few of y'all have.  

Putin get crowdsourced surly style is definitely overdue! 

Edited by Nicole44
  • Hook 'Em 1

I know we can't get into it. WW3 and mutually assured destruction and what not. But it is such a weird dichotomy. If putin goes into Poland we are full on ham. But with the ukes it's just good luck. I dont want to be world police. At all. But it's like if Mexico invaded Texas and we just tried to cripple their economy. Cross the red,  though and we'll fuck your shit up. 

It's just shitty all around.  God bless those tough ass Ukrainians    

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, Lobo said:

The problem with compromising our power grid is not knowing how long it would take to restore.  If you told Texans up front, "It's gonna be down for four weeks, be safe, we'll have distribution centers, don't get crazy"...we'd come together and work it out.  If you only know it was a month in hindsight after 10,000 people got shot for no reason, well...that'd be a problem.  

It’s not just not having power. No fridges. Food spoils quickly. Almost no one has extra in the pantry. Cars work fine until none of the gas pumps work. And so on and so forth. Shit would get hinky fast. Particularly in the cities, and especially so if it were to happen in the dead of winter or middle of the summer.

Just now, Bobby_Batronic said:

It’s not just not having power. No fridges. Food spoils quickly. Almost no one has extra in the pantry. Cars work fine until none of the gas pumps work. And so on and so forth. Shit would get hinky fast. Particularly in the cities, and especially so if it were to happen in the dead of winter or middle of the summer.

It's going to happen in May.  It's going to be uncomfortable.  But we're going to be fine.  So long as people don't get too trigger happy. 

5 minutes ago, pops said:

I know we can't get into it. WW3 and mutually assured destruction and what not. But it is such a weird dichotomy. If putin goes into Poland we are full on ham. But with the ukes it's just good luck. I dont want to be world police. At all. But it's like if Mexico invaded Texas and we just tried to cripple their economy. Cross the red,  though and we'll fuck your shit up. 

Well Mexico can’t run the place much worse than Abbott does. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, Trey3216 said:

I mean, what can a poor boy do?  When the Red Army is standing at the door, and wants to paint it black with death, either gimme shelter or tumble the dice and Let it Bleed.  I mean, you can’t always get what you want out of situations like this.   When time is not on your side, you gotta scrape that shit right off your shoe.   

This was hot stuff.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Lobo said:

It's going to happen in May.  It's going to be uncomfortable.  But we're going to be fine.  So long as people don't get too trigger happy. 

We’ll save it for another thread as per request. It won’t be fine. There are some books on the subject based on the actual studies done on the subject. Society breaks down very fast. There are no helping hands from other states or the Feds stepping in in a meaningful way. Not when it happens in all states simultaneously.

Oh, I agree.  I thought we were just gaming out an ERCOT failure based on what happened last year.  In a larger, interstate situation...yeah shit gets real in a hurry.  But people with guns aren't at an advantage.  People with travel options are. 

2 minutes ago, Bobby_Batronic said:

We’ll save it for another thread as per request. It won’t be fine. There are some books on the subject based on the actual studies done on the subject. Society breaks down very fast. There are no helping hands from other states or the Feds stepping in in a meaningful way. Not when it happens in all states simultaneously.

Society would fall apart completely within a few days. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Chad Fuck said:

The ghosts of Kursk are calling.

Not that one. The other one.

Both of them. The scenes before the war started of forces building up in Belgorod was very much reminiscent of WW2.

A surprise attack that you thought you could get away with, attacking from Belgorod, has been tried before. It worked poorly.

Edited by pantone159

1 minute ago, Constant said:

A few days?  We literally saw the 8th largest economy in the world go without water and electricity for a full week and we ended up okay.  don't get me wrong, we should have shot some people, but turns out that was socially unacceptable...fucking fags...

Area 51 is targeted, but not sure they'd destroy much because it must be hardened somehow like Cheyenne Mountain is.

But yeah, all the test nuke craters, nor Austin, NV, or Ely, NV, nor the Fallon Range Training Complex in central Nevada aren't targeted, nor the Trinity Site nor old Walker AFB (Roswell) in New Mexico.

I'm amazed that Holloman AFB, New Mexico, an active base, isn't targeted. Laughlin AFB in Texas is targeted, but Holloman isn't. Weird.
Majority of Holloman is deployed as they have MQ-9s and the F-16s (block 40s) they do have are configured for training.

3 minutes ago, Constant said:

Which is why I fear it may happen as a retaliatory strike from the Russians if we press too hard. It’s a delicate balance to strike between stopping the death and carnage, and cornering a wild animal so that he has no choice but act wildly and irrationally. Providing an out so that the animal can be dealt with in a more controlled manner is the answer. I just don’t see that “offramp” as the hot word of the day implies.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Constant said:

3-5 days is the max.   When we were in Houston as part of volunteer rescue group during Harvey, we were discussing the matter with some Sheriffs  and other LE folks.   They were retry adamant that if it the rain went on for 2 more days (this was Tuesday morning), that they were switching to societal breakdown protocols.   

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

When I was young I remember asking my parents why it took so long for the world to unite and stop Hitler. I remember an answer along the lines that it wasn't completely clear early on exactly what the Nazis were doing, and then even when it was, that countries will try for as long as possible to avoid engaging in these kinds of wars. Hitler just left no choice.

I've been thinking about that a lot this week, and for the first time in my life I understand it. I can't fathom us allowing Russia to siege Kyiv or overtake the city by bombing civilians, but then I think about the impact even a single nuke hitting US soil would have on our country and must importantly to me the future of my kids lives. Yes, it's a selfish perspective, but honestly that's the trade off you have to weigh. It feels impossible to let this happen and do nothing when we could stop it, but the outcome of doing something could be far worse for everyone, even Ukraine.

What's scary is that the world is proving to Putin right now that we're all paralyzed that he might be the madman to pull the trigger. It concerns me that this might embolden him if nothing else is done, and he might decide to see what else he can get away with before anyone would actually get involved. Someone needs to take that asshole out, and soon.
  • Hook 'Em 3

5 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

Furk....

Some reports claim that column is out of fuel and food...... much more than sitting ducks.

That's why I said if you blew up the roads on both sides (can't maneuver, 2-3 abreast and in each other's way on a 2-lane highway, can't go off the road into the mud because they'd get stuck), they'd be fish in a barrel!

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, 'stache said:

I think they can take it, but I don't think they can keep it, and I don't see how they can govern it. These Ukrainians are some surly mother fuckers, they can maintain insurgency for the long haul until putins puds get tired of them and gtfo. I hope the reports of Russian soldiers seeing that there is literally nothing personal for them to gain through this are true and they just give the fuck up. NATO countries should all offer a path to citizenship for any Russian soldier who defects and their families (subject to proper vetting of course).

Even if Russia is able to surround Kyiv tomorrow, they have to have a secure and competently run logistics chain between Kyiv and Belarus - they can't risk flying in shit and having it shot down.

That's a supply chain that runs over 250km to Belarus in Gomel, and they'd have to keep Chernihiv occupied and subjugated.

They simply don't have the manpower to keep such a chain going and still conquer/occupy Kyiv.  That could easily run close to 5,000 at least, because that's about 20 soldiers per KM (say 2 shifts of 10 soldiers, with one always patrolling while the other rests).  Actually it'd be substantially more because of Chernihiv's occupation.

And if they could secure Chernihiv enough to fly stuff in, they still won't be flying in fuel and ammo, that'll be saved for troops and food.

• Hook 'Em 2

5 minutes ago, Trey3216 said:

3-5 days is the max.   When we were in Houston as part of volunteer rescue group during Harvey, we were discussing the matter with some Sheriffs  and other LE folks.   They were retry adamant that if it the rain went on for 2 more days (this was Tuesday morning), that they were switching to societal breakdown protocols.   

I was there. I’m on our dive team and we went down there to assist for a few days. I was also back up here, no where near Houston, and saw plenty of Lord of the Flies behaviors just over gasoline. 

We’ve seen plenty of recent examples that reinforce this notion. We would have total societal collapse if our power grid was destroyed. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Eastwood said:

We don't even know if Dead Hand is truly offline. Dead Hand is the guaranteed "final strike" mechanism the Soviets had. If the system detected a nuclear conflict and did not periodically receive a signal telling it that Russian command was still operational, it automatically launched a retaliatory strike. There are various views on the Intel behind it and some think that such a system doesn't exist, but it was still a potential issue with a successful decapitation strike.

lost-countdown.gif

• Haha 2

Read the post earlier about the FSB tipping the assignation attempt on Zelensky by the Chechens it’s being confirmed on multiple news sites now. that’s essentially like the CIA or FBI tipping one of our enemies because they don’t agree with what we are doing. Kind of a big deal, the FSB holds a lot of sway in Russia.

• Hook 'Em 3

2 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

I don’t know- I think it depends on where you live as to what it would look like if the power grid went down. I’m not sure my neighborhood would see a huge change. Can’t imagine it would be fun to be in a densely populated urban area. 

Dude, Kingwood would look like scenes from The Postman after 2-3 days.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Constant said:

I was there. I’m on our dive team and we went down there to assist for a few days. I was also back up here, no where near Houston, and saw plenty of Lord of the Flies behaviors just over gasoline. 

We’ve seen plenty of recent examples that reinforce this notion. We would have total societal collapse if our power grid was destroyed. 

We were out on boats that Monday night and were asked if we were armed.  We all are ere carrying.  The Sheriff that saw us off told us if we were going to the area we said, to go in drawn and low ready.  There had already been 3 boaters shot at in that area and one boat commandeered.  We asked him what if we were shot at… He said “shoot back, and if you kill ‘Em throw Em in the water and let the gators or gulf get them” 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1