Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

1 minute ago, Longhornlove said:

No, don't get me wrong, it is possible just unlikely.

Yeah, and people are forgetting that, like I said, take out a small number at the front, that convoy is out of the game for however long it takes to clear the route, and refuel everybody sitting there waiting for it to be cleared.  It's not technically taking out a convoy, but it could be taking them out of the game for a day or two or three, which is important, so people shouldn't be disappointed.

Fuck that piece of shit. 

Uhh they seem kinda well armed saw about 20 of whAt looks like their variant of the m240 point the drones at these guys because however unprepared the Russian conscript isn’t these guys have killing in their genetics.
  • Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Blotto said:

This tweet in particular is interesting from Rubio. It seems understood that the messaging he's been putting out is agreed upon by more people than just Rubio. So whats the point of this tweet if not to start the debate? Our intelligence has been dead nuts on, so presumably they expect a "medieval siege" to be the plan. 

We've sanctioned just about everything, so what other options are there? Assassinate Putin? Try and stage a Russian coupe? I just doubt the rest of the world will sit back and watch him murder tens or hundreds of thousands of Ukrainians. We will have to deal with this Russian fuckstick sooner or later, as he has crossed a line where his only options moving forward are to escalate. 

I could be very wrong, but I doubt Rubio is talking about military action. I see it is more as a North Korean-like isolation of Russia.  And we are getting close if ports are being closed to Russian shipping, if the major shipping lines are no longer delivering vitals (or anything), things get really dicey.  

If the world puts a North Korea-like isolation on Russia, we are going to be putting those people in a world of shit, and not just because they can't buy vodka or smokes or whatever.  That's another way of backing Putin into a corner.

And we will be putting Putin in a position where his own people may start getting out in the streets and presenting a serious threat to his power.  Hard to keep troops/police loyal if their paychecks are worthless and their grandmas are starving or not getting medicine or whatever.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Bookman said:

So how long is this thing going to last?

Under 30 days.

Or more than 200.

Not much in between.  It's either over pretty quickly because shit got too real and someone takes an off-ramp, or it becomes a long slog with an insurgency.

Edited by Brisketexan
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

I mean we need to start having those talks. I doubt many people will have the stomach to see Kyiv get massacred 

At this point we don’t need to do shit. We can continue support in the form of sanctions and aid (humanitarian and lethal), but that’s it. This is between Ukraine and Russia. If Russia drags someone else in then we need to fuck them up so fast and so hard that it prevents nuclear holocaust.  

• Hook 'Em 6

52 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

1234.  My wife is not that much younger than me, but she does not remember that stuff.  Those of us who remember the duck and cover bullshit, The Day After, World War III (the mini-series with Cathy Lee Crosby and Starsky or Hutch). 

970371-0-q80.jpg

She remembers Red Dawn, but watched it years later because of who was in it.

Fuck yes. World War III was central to my childhood.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Pods said:

True, but also bitterly learned personal experience.

1 day of hard rain can cost 3 days of field work waiting for that shit to dry. It also makes it a bitch even walking around camp.

It's fucking miserable. Yet another major Russian failure. That would have been frozen a month ago and they could have rolled over it. 

Just messing with you, my dude.  I do recall getting into mud in W. Virginia that sucked the boots off my feet.  I had to step back in it, dig it out with my hands to get going.  it did not come off much with scraping.   Like south austin's mom, I had to wait for it to dry first.  

Geo fist bump

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

Dude.....you are familiar with this timeline.  Remember the rules:

1 -- there is no bottom.

2 -- it only gets worse.

When all is said and done here, the civilian body count is going to be horrific.  You know it as well as I do.

There's the Mr. Sunshine we know and love.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Good thinking...Russia will look at the satellite images of Lubbock and think they already nuked it.
image.thumb.png.9808d2f1feb94b4f1cf371ebebd73f46.png
Unless they hate balloons and want to fuck up our strategic Helium reserve in Amarillo or just feel that making speed up old 87 is close to heaven.

Or miss Norad by a few clicks.

Big Bend is probably safest excepting available water and supplies.

1 minute ago, Nivek said:

Just messing with you, my dude.  I do recall getting into mud in W. Virginia that sucked the boots off my feet.  I had to step back in it, dig it out with my hands to get going.  it did not come off much with scraping.   Like south austin's mom, I had to wait for it to dry first.  

Geo fist bump

I did land nav through the marshes in Savannah Georgia and it sucked the heel off an army boot. 

Oh and @Blotto if Rubio were talking about military action, you would have already the US moving stuff around, because we couldn't hide it - too many bases near cities, and everybody in the US military is apparently issued social media accounts after they get out of basic or OCS, assuming they didn't already have some.

Dude.....you are familiar with this timeline.  Remember the rules:
1 -- there is no bottom.
2 -- it only gets worse.
When all is said and done here, the civilian body count is going to be horrific.  You know it as well as I do.
I agree. I was astounded that Iraq was not far worse. This is an entirely reversed scenario with a maniacal aggressor invader and a resolved, mostly unified resistance of Millions. Not pockets of radical factions.

1 hour ago, atomheartbevo said:

1234.  My wife is not that much younger than me, but she does not remember that stuff.  Those of us who remember the duck and cover bullshit, The Day After, World War III (the mini-series with Cathy Lee Crosby and Starsky or Hutch). 

970371-0-q80.jpg

She remembers Red Dawn, but watched it years later because of who was in it.

Yeah I remember jacking off to Lea Thompson and Jennifer Gray too

5 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Oh and @Blotto if Rubio were talking about military action, you would have already the US moving stuff around, because we couldn't hide it - too many bases near cities, and everybody in the US military is apparently issued social media accounts after they get out of basic or OCS, assuming they didn't already have some.

Stuff already is moving and stuff is already there .  COs have already put out the message.  Hey the shit we say.  Don't be going on tik tok which is owned by the Chinese on what we told you.

Edited by FartingMonk
  • Hook 'Em 1

Well my family’s place has been offered (no joke if that goes down.) doesn’t matter if you don’t like me. It’s there if that goes down. It’s about 12 miles from Claude, Texas. 

8CD082C2-A8C1-4980-88B5-4419D3E72D8A.thumb.jpeg.a6146b83db5a4ff60628c2fe59728db0.jpeg
D113BE77-98F9-44BF-AF78-E7D0DC7FF7C5.thumb.jpeg.ee23c37b36480e5e33de7213af8b73cf.jpeg
F8342852-5E7D-48F1-B67E-CF3287CBC934.jpeg.c5ec10cd9e362a3de79e787bccb7734d.jpeg
Send address, I'll bring guns and booze and gear. My bug out supplies are ample.

I would say interjecting your every fleeting thought into a war thread is a bit annoying. And it's a bit gauche to discuss your sex life here as well. I wouldn't take it personally.
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sbbruin said:

Zelensky is utterly destroying Putin in the PR game.

100%, Which is why they went after TV towers and started confiscating cell phones. They know they need to cut off communication to the people, so they can start pumping in their own misinformation to divide the population.

2 minutes ago, Sbbruin said:

Zelensky is utterly destroying Putin in the PR game.

One the one hand good for them, on the other that definitely going to deeply piss that narcissistic sociopath off.

He’s going to be brutal so he appears strong then deflect blame and say the Ukrainians brought this on themselves.

Fucking prick. 

5 minutes ago, FartingMonk said:

Zelensky staying alive each night becomes more and more important.  If they get to him I think the opposition starts to crumble

I don’t know, he might become a type of national martyr that drives the opposition forward- if there’s adequate leadership that fills his void. That’s a big “if”

Edited by Doc Reeves
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, FartingMonk said:

I wonder how the street fighting is going to look in the day time with the city they just took.

I never was in Grozny, few Americans ever worked there. But I was in Sarajevo and a few other Bosnian cities. Gonna look nasty is my guess. And ya know what sucks is even though it is not a "stable" battlefield, the civilians still need to go out and get shit like water and food. UXO was always my biggest fear. 

This is a good book about life in a siege. 

image.png.233661010c4e5c84f9d49dee0fd2cc5b.png

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, Blotto said:

This tweet in particular is interesting from Rubio. It seems understood that the messaging he's been putting out is agreed upon by more people than just Rubio. So whats the point of this tweet if not to start the debate? Our intelligence has been dead nuts on, so presumably they expect a "medieval siege" to be the plan. 

We've sanctioned just about everything, so what other options are there? Assassinate Putin? Try and stage a Russian coupe? I just doubt the rest of the world will sit back and watch him murder tens or hundreds of thousands of Ukrainians. We will have to deal with this Russian fuckstick sooner or later, as he has crossed a line where his only options moving forward are to escalate. 

How realistic is this?  They've having trouble now.  

I'm assuming the Ukrainians are out in the field with anti-tank missiles.  Start picking through the siege. 

Also, I think if there are millions of people dying, we'll get involved with air power.

Just now, MillerEP said:

If true, it makes you wonder what took so long.

Maybe trying to allow our folks the chance to get out, and send theirs home?  Like the ones that are part of Russia's UN team that we just kicked out of the US for being spies?  Just some guesses.

Anyway I'm glad to see it. 

2 minutes ago, utee94 said:

Maybe trying to allow our folks the chance to get out, and send theirs home?  Like the ones that are part of Russia's UN team that we just kicked out of the US for being spies?  Just some guesses.

Anyway I'm glad to see it. 

Has to be this. The rest of Europe they can drive to or take a train out of. Americans can only fly. 

• Hook 'Em 1

39 minutes ago, FartingMonk said:

One of my weapons officers did his doctoral program on UUVs and he was out there.  Basically a bunch of research grant stuff out there.  As far as chance of getting nuked.  Pretty low on the list.

Good to know that I "should" be okay if we go there for awhile. I know Santa Fe is extremely high because of Los Alamos.

1 minute ago, InkaUtexas said:

I never was in Grozny, few Americans ever worked there. But I was in Sarajevo and a few other Bosnian cities. Gonna look nasty is my guess. And ya know what sucks is even though it is not a "stable" battlefield, the civilians still need to go out and get shit like water and food. UXO was always my biggest fear. 

This is a good book about life in a siege. 

image.png.233661010c4e5c84f9d49dee0fd2cc5b.png

Yeah.  I have a lot of buddies that were in combat and they said the fun part was fighting the enemy you could see.  Once it became occupation it was horrific.  Urban warfare still gives them nightmares.  You could walk down the street and it would seem normal and then you were under attack with civilians all with AKs.  99 percent of them were going to get food.  Might be a trash can on the way there.  Bomb on the way back.