Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

2 minutes ago, Bobby_Batronic said:

Which do you think is harder:

Supplying the logistical train supporting 150,000 soldiers or employing a group of hackers to F up our wide ass open power grid? Already forgotten them shutting down a few pipelines on a whim?

Think it’s hard to lob a single high yield warhead high up into the atmosphere for an EMP attack? That’s a button push. I assure you they’ve got missiles and warheads dedicated to that very thing.  

You’re confusing general ineptitude of conventional forces with asymmetric warfare conducted by specialized units.  

Yeah.  The open comms thing has me laughing.  Just because they are running open comms with the ground units does not mean they are doing the same with their first strike units. 

8 minutes ago, Bateshorn said:

Rhetorically speaking.  You actually fly over Canada, Alaska , and Kamchatka if you are coming out of the NE. From LA  you fly across the the Northern Pacific. You don’t fly “horizontally” across the Pacific.

E9F74206-5BCC-4B48-A8F4-9CAC921CDF39.jpeg

I know from experience that the flight from LA to Auckland is over a whole bunch of nothing. 

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, gsoda3 said:
8 minutes ago, Bateshorn said:
Rhetorically speaking.  You actually fly over Canada, Alaska , and Kamchatka. You don’t fly “horizontally” across the Pacific.

E9F74206-5BCC-4B48-A8F4-9CAC921CDF39.thumb.jpeg.b37bad086bd54e3cf2969bb110b7067e.jpeg

Yeah the Kamchatka route is the one I'm familiar with since we're always leaving from the west coast. I believe the east coast direct routes actually do fly over the north pole.

Yeah dude. I’m a liberal arts major for a reason (I was told their’d be no math[Suck it Huckleberry]) but the level that people can’t rationalize we live on a ball and not a distorted 2d map still astounds me. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Hook1997 said:

Wtf is going on in the valley that we don’t know about to have 4 targets in the 500 senecio?

Same with a random spot on the OK-AR border that might be Fort Smith? Looks like I need to move back to Stillwater. Rooskies don't fuck with Pistol Pete, lol.

1 minute ago, Bateshorn said:

I survived LA to Sydney in 94 when you had what ever canned and edited movies Quantus played on the drop down screen. Dark times. 

I had to suffer through "I Love Trouble" and "The Little Rascals" on one of the NZ flights.

4 minutes ago, Bateshorn said:

I survived LA to Sydney in 94 when you had what ever canned and edited movies Quantus played on the drop down screen. Dark times. 

Haha.  We flew an MD80 from Guam to Tacoma.  We were like uhh does that thing even have the distance?  Apparently it did

1 hour ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

No, the kid is going. I ain't. I am too old and fat. 30 years ago I would have. But he is asking me to help him find someone who is willing to go, and I would be kind of thrust into the position of recruiter in that I would feel responsible for him while he is embedded over there. And there could be a day when I have grieving parents and siblings and girlfriends coming at me for hooking this kid up with this gig. 

So you hooked him up with the gig?

If the worst passes, this young man will have died doing what he loved.  I watched the alpinist this weekend and it really drove that point home and how much luckier they are than 99 percent of people who ever lived.

26 minutes ago, clapclapclap said:

gv5f5bm4b6zy.png?auto=webp&s=108c66e62c2

One scenario I saw during some research I was doing for a paper on MAD that I had to write in college had the Russians lighting up I-35 between Dallas and DFW to catch any Army equipment and personnel that evacuated Ft. Hood. They also had the Valley lit up just in case the military was storing equipment and personnel there with the hopes it would be overlooked. Modern satellite technology removed all that guesswork, though, and now Russia could theoretically pick and choose their targets just before launch.

• Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, FartingMonk said:

Yeah.  The open comms thing has me laughing.  Just because they are running open comms with the ground units does not mean they are doing the same with their first strike units. 

Their conventional force has been an underfunded paper tiger for years. They were no more capable of driving on Paris prior to Ukraine than they were of swearing off Vodka for the year. 

I do fear their cyber abilities, and I’m sure they could get more than a few ICBM’s pickled off if need be. 

Take out our power grid for a month and the majority of the country dies of exposure, sickness and starvation. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Yeah the US should do nothing unilaterally from a military perspective. Work within NATO.
The question is how hard to crush the Russian economy and Putin directly financially. Does Russia launch nukes over sanctions/embargo? 
Unfortunately the military play here for NATO is to sit back and let Putin hang himself in this quagmire while tip toeing the line  providing arms help to Ukraine extend him out as much as possible. The goal being Russia stalls out and eventually retreats back after horrifying all the countries around them to border them with NATO all on the sides. 
Millions of Ukrainians might have to die so billions of humans don't die in nuclear holocaust if we destroy Putin's forces head on and he launches. 

Isn’t the west still paying Russia $650M per day for oil and gas? I had a hella work day so I’m a thousand posts behind on this thread and haven’t caught up on the news, but as of yesterday the sanctions carved out energy.

7 minutes ago, BrickTop said:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CaiD3kJvjOe/?utm_medium=copy_link

Warning, not sure if 100 percent legit but a fairly reliable source, either way it’s upsetting when I think of my kids, both around this age.

100% legit. I have a seven and four year old year old daughter, and I see them both laying on that table.

War is a terrible thing. If Putin wasn’t a monster, I’d say he should have to look at images like this one for the rest of his days. 

• Rage+1 1

29 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

So much for the next season of Yellowstone.

25 minutes ago, BamaATL said:

So it looks like after fallout southern Oregon is sort of safe, otherwise the rest of us are potentially fucked pretty good.  Please don't crash the southern Oregon zillow stuff.

So who's going to start the New California Republic?

5 minutes ago, FartingMonk said:

Haha.  We flew an MD80 from Guam to Tacoma.  We were like uhh does that thing even have the distance?  Apparently it did

That’s balls.  I get nervous on a 757 ER. “Yo, you guys want me to hold a can of JP, just in case?”

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Bobby_Batronic said:

Their conventional force has been an underfunded paper tiger for years. They were no more capable of driving on Paris prior to Ukraine than they were of swearing off Vodka for the year. 

I do fear their cyber abilities, and I’m sure they could get more than a few ICBM’s pickled off if need be. 

Take out our power grid for a month and the majority of the country dies of exposure, sickness and starvation. 

The problem with compromising our power grid is not knowing how long it would take to restore.  If you told Texans up front, "It's gonna be down for four weeks, be safe, we'll have distribution centers, don't get crazy"...we'd come together and work it out.  If you only know it was a month in hindsight after 10,000 people got shot for no reason, well...that'd be a problem.  

9 minutes ago, Bateshorn said:

My old man and I did IAH-SYD nonstop (17.5 hours) in November 19 for a long weekend to say that we did and to pub crawl with some coworkers from Melbourne and Sydney. 

Well timed because then Covid happened. 

For some reason I even decided to watch garbage football down there. 

image.thumb.jpeg.dc49a206f677515ea8c8ce110b766640.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 5

1 hour ago, Neonmoon said:

Russia lost what 7-8 million soldiers in WW2? I think people are overhyping the 5,000 killed so far. 

Momma was pushing out 8-12 fuck trophies back then, while knowing half wouldn't make it to adulthood, and just one or two now. Greatly changes the PR math.

Edited by ShaggyBevo RIP
  • Hook 'Em 1

30 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

So much for the next season of Yellowstone.

Nah. Hamilton is a ways away from that. But I can't figure out what is up there that would warrant such a respond. I mean great falls is nice but wtf?

100% legit. I have a seven and four year old year old daughter, and I see them both laying on that table.
War is a terrible thing. If Putin wasn’t a monster, I’d say he should have to look at images like this one for the rest of his days. 

Yea, you and both are in Civil Service and I’ve been in for quite a long time, seen some pretty Horrific shit and thought I was pretty numb to it, that picture almost sent me into a panic.
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, 27-25 said:

That was more south in the state, right?  Stay north of Carson City and that should be OK.

spacer.png

There is also a little base to north there that does shit we don't talk about.  I'm betting there isn't much in the way of housing.