Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

1 minute ago, Brisketexan said:

I like this idea.  I really do.....except.....those devices are how people in Russia are getting information from non-state sources.  Their iPhones are among the most important weapons we have inside Russia.  Apple should push an update that allows easy access to non-state news sources.

Ukraine should not agree to a ceasefire.  That would only allow Russia to gather itself, re-supply, and position for a new assault.  When your opponent is in any amount of disarray, press your "advantage."  Even though Russia has the technical advantage based on numbers, Ukraine's advantage as far as being able to inflict pain and chaos is at its highest -- it should press its advantage, not surrender it.

If there is to be a ceasefire, it should also involve a Russian withrdawal.  In other words, there will be no ceasefire.

Disagree. If we are able to get them munitions, food and water, Ukraine can withstand Russia for a long, long time.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

So stop fighting, but move towards the thing that started the fighting in the first place?

That was a red herring floated by Putin. 

5 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

In no way, shape, or form, is it a sane idea to open a frontal war between NATO/the US and Russia.  The downside -- which includes extinction of the human race -- is WAY too large for any upside to justify it.  We are doing about the most we can without doing that, and even then, what we're doing is risky.

AND....if you give your opponent what he wants, you probably should re-think what you're doing.  Putin will goad us into direct action, because that's what he WANTS.  We should not give it to him.  He is in the process of losing.  Patience is our best weapon.

Putin doesn't want us there IMHO. His gamble is that we won't show up. 

• Hook 'Em 1

14 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Yes.  For two very good reasons:

1 -- we do not want to be in direct warfare with Russia.  We do not.  Because that shit can get out of control in a hurry, and no amount of juice is worth the potential squeeze.

2 -- Putin would love that.  He really would.  It would instantly legitimize his whole worldview and what he's been telling his people and leaders since the get-go: this is really a war with the West, who has been out to get Russia all along.

If your opponent is goading you into making a particular move......you should think very, very carefully before you make it.

SIAP, never interrupt your opponent when they are making a huge mistake.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

I like this idea.  I really do.....except.....those devices are how people in Russia are getting information from non-state sources.  Their iPhones are among the most important weapons we have inside Russia.  Apple should push an update that allows easy access to non-state news sources.

However, it should also be noted that almost 3 out of 4 Russians own an Android vs. an iPhone. Too expensive for the average babushka.

That would only allow Russia to gather itself, re-supply, and position for a new assault.

It would also allow the reeling Ukes to resupply as well.  Let's not pretend that they are not in a precarious situation.  They are the ones surrounded and desperately in need of supplies.

3 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Ukraine's advantage as far as being able to inflict pain and chaos is at its highest

I get the macro point, but at this time, they (Ukes) might want to reduce as many civilian causalities as they possibly can?  Hard to say at this time.  

1 minute ago, Bevo said:

Disagree. If we are able to get them munitions, food and water, Ukraine can withstand Russia for a long, long time.

You're not wrong -- both plays offer some advantage.  But right now, Russia is as off-balance and at a disadvantage as it is ever going to be.  I hate the idea of giving them ANY chance to get their feet back under them.

I've been in plenty of situations where I am at a terrible disadvantage, underprepared, etc.....like, I'm at a 3 out of 10.  BUT, sometimes that happens when my opponent is at an even greater disadvantage and is even less prepared -- like a 1 out of 10.  In that situation, I press my advantage, even though I'm not nearly as prepared as I'd like to be.

Relative advantage is the card here, and I think Ukraine holds it right now.  They shouldn't give it up.

1 hour ago, F250 said:

One of my Romanian guys is still out. On Monday he asked for more time off because him and his wife have been picking up refugees from the border. As of last Monday they had already personally moved over two hundred people into Romania.

Gofund me for fuel and underwear that can support his righteous balls?

• Hook 'Em 2

6 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Apple & Microsoft should push out Ukraine messages. If they can send a goddamn U2 album to half the planet in 15 minutes, they can send real news to every Russian device.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 3

16 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

If we had forward-thinking leadership, we would be incentivizing American planting and strategic grain stores right now.  Because it may well be needed to save lives (and in the process, buy a metric shitton of goodwill for the USA - let's not forget to be cynical here).

US commodity futures markets are going bonkers this week.  Farmers have plenty of incentive now.

You're not wrong -- both plays offer some advantage.  But right now, Russia is as off-balance and at a disadvantage as it is ever going to be.  I hate the idea of giving them ANY chance to get their feet back under them.

I've been in plenty of situations where I am at a terrible disadvantage, underprepared, etc.....like, I'm at a 3 out of 10.  BUT, sometimes that happens when my opponent is at an even greater disadvantage and is even less prepared -- like a 1 out of 10.  In that situation, I press my advantage, even though I'm not nearly as prepared as I'd like to be.

Relative advantage is the card here, and I think Ukraine holds it right now.  They shouldn't give it up.

Ukraine needs to start blowing roads ahead and behind these huge columns and then push the ruskies' shit in.

Kill Box!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JesusSweatDuck said:

Yeah, that coupled with the economy means he may not even be able to replace the hardware he's lost.

Yep.  Then you factor in the most important element:  manpower

Such an unskilled army is overly reliant on those soldiers that DO have some semblance of training.  They are not so easily replaced.  

So the thinking is that if the US and/or NATO intervened militarily to crush Russia for good, it'll be nuclear war. If the sanctions successfully isolate Russia and starts causing real starvation and related problems, what is to stop Putin from using nukes anyway? Once humans invented the goddamned things we guaranteed our own future demise. Why not now? Only half-way facetious here. If we intervene and can get Putin out of power right away maybe he doesn't have time to launch nukes, or maybe someone within would stop him from pushing the button. In reality, it's probably not worth poking that bear as fucked up as what they're doing to Ukraine is, but I am quite certain that we will extinct ourselves eventually.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, The Dog said:

So here's what I'd want to know right now - what do the decision makers in Moscow (civilian and military and not Putin) know about the real situation in Ukraine? 

Are they all eating propaganda, or are they getting the real situation? 

My guess is the military leaders know a hell of a lot more of the realities of he battlefield than Putin does....and there will be more of this in the near future of things continue and the truth gets out (as it always does eventually)

OCXl_s.gif

• Hook 'Em 2

So the thinking is that if the US and/or NATO intervened militarily to crush Russia for good, it'll be nuclear war. If the sanctions successfully isolate Russia and starts causing real starvation and related problems, what is to stop Putin from using nukes anyway? Once humans invented the goddamned things we guaranteed our own future demise. Why not now? Only half-way facetious here. If we intervene and can get Putin out of power right away maybe he doesn't have time to launch nukes, or maybe someone within would stop him from pushing the button. In reality, it's probably not worth poking that bear as fucked up as what they're doing to Ukraine is, but I am quite certain that we will extinct ourselves eventually.

I believe the hope / plan is Putin is taken out by his people and treaties signed, etc…
  • Hook 'Em 2

26 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

If we had forward-thinking leadership, we would be incentivizing American planting and strategic grain stores right now.  Because it may well be needed to save lives (and in the process, buy a metric shitton of goodwill for the USA - let's not forget to be cynical here).

I’m more than a little worried that a starving, economically destroyed and no longer militarily credible Russia might lead to a situation where some of those lives we’d be saving are our own. 

They don’t need to nuke our cities to dial much of the world back to the Stone Age with them. 

Im hoping Putin is retired in one fashion or another in short order, because I think the odds of him lashing out as a cornered animal are well above zero. And he doesn’t value life beyond his own. 

This is the first time in a long time that an opponent can reach out and touch us in ways the terrorist s only dreamed of consequences be damned. 

Edited by Bobby_Batronic
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, 'stache said:

So let's party?

3fg070.gif

Edited by BabaYaga

3 minutes ago, Bobby_Batronic said:

I’m more than a little worried that a starving, economically destroyed and no longer militarily credible Russia might lead to a situation where some of those lives we’d be saving are our own. 

They don’t need to nuke our cities to dial much of the world back to the Stone Age with them. 

Im hoping Putin is retired in one fashion or another in short order, because I think the odds of him lashing out as a cornered animal might are well above zero. And he doesn’t value life beyond his own. 

Hence the earlier point about there needing to be a clear path "back" for Russia.  It's easy to say the removal of Putin, but there needs to be more than one.  

2 minutes ago, Bobby_Batronic said:

Im hoping Putin is retired in one fashion or another in short order, because I think the odds of him lashing out as a cornered animal might are well above zero. And he doesn’t value life beyond his own. 

Fully agree with this. The "Maybe we can get Putin before he presses the button" tack would absolutely result in tactical nukes striking all over in the US & the world. Any success would have to be from the inside.

Just now, BabaYaga said:

Hence the earlier point about there needing to be a clear path "back" for Russia.  It's easy to say the removal of Putin, but there needs to be more than one.  

The posts are coming to quickly to track. Naturally a path back for Russia is key, but there is no path back for Putin. And he may act in a terrible fashion once he realizes it. 

Just now, Bobby_Batronic said:

The posts are coming to quickly to track. Naturally a path back for Russia is key, but there is no path back for Putin. And he may act in a terrible fashion once he realizes it. 

Sadly, frighteningly.....THIS.

Russia and the Russian people have a path forward.

Putin does not.  And a cornered dog with nothing to lose can do some pretty terrible things.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Bobby_Batronic said:

What if a ceasefire is agreed upon and Putin pulls his troops back?  Doubtful, but a contingency none the less?  My guess then is the sanctions remain as long as he remains, but no further military interventions and capital/aid flow into Ukraine