we're going the sugar bowl

blacklab

a lot of games come down to who wants it more. i think one team just had their hearts ripped out by bama...again. the other wants to make a statement that they helped turn their program around. 
Pretty sure you are right about them being upset.

However they will regroup and be fine in about 5 minutes. They are playing texas, not kansas state or Colorado where they DGAF. They will bring their best game, bank on it.

Unlike last year, Georgia knew that if they lost this year they'd be out of the playoffs.  That's long gone to them.  They'll be ready, they won't be unmotivated.

To win, it'll have to be a combination of Texas' A++ game AND Georgia's fucking up.  If not both, Georgia wins.  Even if Texas brings their best game, Georgia would still win if they play to their ability.  The key will be turnovers or stupidity.  Georgia didn't do much of that this year, er, until the last quarter of the CCG.  Maybe it'll continue.

13 hours ago, phdhorn said:

Unlike last year, Georgia knew that if they lost this year they'd be out of the playoffs.  That's long gone to them.  They'll be ready, they won't be unmotivated.

To win, it'll have to be a combination of Texas' A++ game AND Georgia's fucking up.  If not both, Georgia wins.  Even if Texas brings their best game, Georgia would still win if they play to their ability.  The key will be turnovers or stupidity.  Georgia didn't do much of that this year, er, until the last quarter of the CCG.  Maybe it'll continue.

Our A++ game is plenty good enough to hang with UGA. They aren't some titan that we need to drop the ball against us - we just need to outplay them.

We split the series with OU this season, should have beaten WVU and smacked ISU. We can hang with a team that has like 1 good win on the season. 

LSU is super one dimensional and they boat raced UGA.

7 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

I was going to try to be hospitable to our Georgia guests by acknowledging something their state has contributed to the world. I finally was able to come up with Gone With the Wind, but then it dawned on me that Rhett Butler was from South Carolina while Ashley was the personification of a Georgia man.  So ... never mind.  It wasn’t my intention to be rude and point out your shortcomings, even if they are already thoroughly documented.

I will keep trying to find a positive contribution that isn’t insulting and will check in later.  I’m sure there is something. 

The finest pop song of the current millennium is a Georgia creation, gotta give 'em that:

• Like 3

1 hour ago, longhornmatt said:

I was going to try to be hospitable to our Georgia guests by acknowledging something their state has contributed to the world. I finally was able to come up with Gone With the Wind, but then it dawned on me that Rhett Butler was from South Carolina while Ashley was the personification of a Georgia man.  So ... never mind.  It wasn’t my intention to be rude and point out your shortcomings, even if they are already thoroughly documented.

I will keep trying to find a positive contribution that isn’t insulting and will check in later.  I’m sure there is something. 

the bandit and the snowman are from georgia so there's that 

1 hour ago, UDontKnow said:

@texifornia I don't normally associate Southern hip hop with Georgia. And yes I am aware that Outkast and the entire Dungeon Family is ATL. 

Georgia is a huge shit hole outside of Atlanta (major exception is Savannah) and even then Atlanta isn't all that great. 

You serious, Clark?

• Like 1

On 12/3/2018 at 4:07 PM, Colt Appleyoung said:

Now that there is not a right friendly type of welcome for someone coming to,you and just trying to fit in.

is Texas a blue Blood?  The Sooners told me no last year. I think there is a case to be made.

Texas is blue blood. Is Georgia? How many championships? Overall wins? Winning percentage?

My guess is that it is muledick.

Would any of you take winning the Sugar, and in the process confirming Texas is Back, SEC is overrated, ESPN is biased, aggy is no better than their big 12 days, and all that is good from winning that game...

If it meant OU winning the title and Murray winning the Heisman? Just want to get a feel for win-win versus lose-lose mentality on the boards right now.

Obviously one is not dependent on the other, just a hypothetical deal with the devil.

33 minutes ago, DataHorn said:

Would any of you take winning the Sugar, and in the process confirming Texas is Back, SEC is overrated, ESPN is biased, aggy is no better than their big 12 days, and all that is good from winning that game...

If it meant OU winning the title and Murray winning the Heisman? Just want to get a feel for win-win versus lose-lose mentality on the boards right now.

Obviously one is not dependent on the other, just a hypothetical deal with the devil.

Yes

45 minutes ago, DataHorn said:

certainly

1 hour ago, DataHorn said:

Without a doubt. 

If it meant OU winning the title

No. I cannot stomach them winning an MNC. Ever. Under any fucking circumstance. I can't believe the people above me. If they beat Bama I hope they lose by 50 points in the title game. 

The Sugar Bowl is independent of OU. Fuck OU. We aren't playing them. We're playing Georgia. Cheering for a rival you have deep, mutual hatred for is some SEC aggyland bullshit. Fuck that. OU could win 2 games a year for the rest of my life and I wouldn't lose any sleep over it. 

• Like 8

Yes

Of course.  We had our shot at spoiling the Sooners chances, one more Sooner championship and Heisman trophy doesn't hurt our recruiting nearly as much as the national bias against us and the Big 12.  

• Fuck You 1

24 minutes ago, ztejas said:

No. I cannot stomach them winning an MNC. Ever. Under any fucking circumstance. I can't believe the people above me. If they beat Bama I hope they lose by 50 points in the title game. 

The Sugar Bowl is independent of OU. Fuck OU. We aren't playing them. We're playing Georgia. Cheering for a rival you have deep, mutual hatred for is some SEC aggyland bullshit. Fuck that. OU could win 2 games a year for the rest of my life and I wouldn't lose any sleep over it. 

Quoted for fucking TRUTH!

3 minutes ago, Hamttx said:

I never cared about this conference shit until it became the ESPN narrative AND started unfairly influencing the sport.

Fuck em. If every SEC team lost I would be happy, and I don’t give a shit who beats them. 

OU won't play an SEC team in the title game. I'm indifferent as far as their game against Bama is concerned. If they make the title game I'll cheer for whoever I have to to deny them.

• Like 1