we're going the sugar bowl

blacklab

12 minutes ago, markstanco said:

Going to the sugar bowl in year two. Perhaps you would like to go back to charlie strong?

Parcells.  NY6 bowl in year 2.  We didn't make up the rules.  We just get fucked by them.  And we're getting fucked in to the Sugar Bowl.  Plus we get to watch saban go in dry.

I'll allow it.

3 minutes ago, GreenspointTexas said:

Doesnt matter. Doesnt go by ranking, goes by conference standing. We finished 2nd. We are in

I thought the bowl takes the highest ranked team, but happy to be wrong.  WVU was 3 spots behind is before yesterday, so they could go ahead of us in the final poll. 

Edited by Mo Horn

4 minutes ago, Mo Horn said:

Only if WVU gets ranked ahead of us. It's possible since they won the head to head. 

They have to take the number two I believe, plus they sure as shit would pick Texas over WVU if they had the choice.

Edited by Vertigo

LOL at Maryland and OSU being “big games”

Not sure which MD game you're referring to. I'd argue that a season opener against a P5 is a fairly big game. In 2017, your first game as Texas HC is absolutely a big game. In 2018, opening the season against an opponent that embarrassed you in the opener last year is absolutely a big game.

OSU was an ABC primetime game. The whole country was watching. It was a road conference game against a team we've been looking up at in the standings for five plus years. We were plenty familiar with how good their A game was.

You are reaching.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, Mo Horn said:

I thought the bowl takes the highest ranked team, but happy to be wrong.  WVU was 3 spots behind is before yesterday, so they could go ahead of us in the final poll. 

I guess you didn’t read the first post in this thread then

Well this will be fun 

It will. NOLA for new years. Top flight opponent. A January football game.

We'll be underdogs, deservedly so, but iron sharpens iron. I fully expect the team to get up for this and give great effort.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Reminder that UGA fans bark on kickoffs and are comparable to Aggy in levels of knuckle-dragging. Not cultish, but just huge assholes who think everyone from Georgia is obligated to root for them.

Also our D-Line needs to not suck a dick again because UGA's O-Line is pretty damn good even with them sustaining injuries.

3 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Dtbedl_WkAAMnv9.jpg

2 minutes ago, Mo Horn said:

I did, and there is wiggle room in each of those quotes. I'm cynical,  so I'll wait to see it in black and white. 

There’s a little color in there, but I think that’s what you’re looking for

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Big 12 already said if OU goes to the playoff, the Sugar Bowl has to take us. 

12 minutes ago, Mo Horn said:

Only if WVU gets ranked ahead of us. It's possible since they won the head to head. 

What mdmost said is my impression.  When it comes down to pure money, Texas gets more butts in the seats.

15 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

Not sure which MD game you're referring to. I'd argue that a season opener against a P5 is a fairly big game. In 2017, your first game as Texas HC is absolutely a big game. In 2018, opening the season against an opponent that embarrassed you in the opener last year is absolutely a big game.

OSU was an ABC primetime game. The whole country was watching. It was a road conference game against a team we've been looking up at in the standings for five plus years. We were plenty familiar with how good their A game was.

You are reaching.

tosu @ multi-loss purdue, league road game at night

in advance, is that a big game?

32 minutes ago, Here’s the deal said:

We’re fixing to see how good of an x’s and o’s staff Herman has. Can they figure out ways to game plan against Georgia’s strengths.  

Will Kirby bitch if Herman contacts Saban or Aranda for info on Jaw-ja??

Wonder if Lincoln and Kirby trade info on their next opponents?

Edited by LTtxfan