we're going the sugar bowl

blacklab

Georgia should be favored but 14 seems a bit high given the circumstances and the fact that Texas has basically proved itself OU's equal over two games. Of course, UGA has a big advantage in the trenches so it could certainly be a multiple score game, but Texas has a habit of hanging around.

21 minutes ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

Well, aggy couldn't wait to post about how Georgia is gonna "slaughter" poor Horns....secrant at aggy finest:

https://www.secrant.com/rant/sec-football/georgia-is-going-to-slaughter-texas/80605163/

Getting a lot of hits!

Aggy desparately trying to find wall-space for the opening Vegas line.

Surly -    "God Boyd, Hager, and Wheeler are worthless. Can't wait until they graduate."  
               "Todd Orlando needs to go. His schemes suck and he fails to adjust"
               "We suck in the 4th quarter."
               "Beck needs to be fired immediately."

Also surly -  "God you pussy, we're going to beat Georgia."
                      "Can't believe the faggotry in the thread about the $ec."
                      "We'll easily be competitive."

I mean FFS make up your minds, we have 3 JAG's that start yet we're gonna beat Georgia? Can Texas win? Yes, yes they can. Have we seen the execution and coaching adjustments needed to make that happen? Absolutely not. Neg away.....
I've never talked shit about anyone but Beck last season. Try again but use your brain this time.

3 hours ago, UTEX_ME said:

Already starting the SEC teams aren't motivated. 

Well, I can’t speak for the team. But I’m part of the motor home brigade that is planning to be there if everything works out. And I can tell you that of the 14 motor homes in the ol’ convoy. I’m the only Texas guy in that entire group.

However, surprisingly they actually are all keeping their talk somewhat tempered? Which anyone who knows their fan base knows that is a bit unusual. It could be Alabama hang over. Or maybe there is a little concern matching up against us. Either way, it would be a glorious ride home with a win. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Longhorn Al said:

I read the deadline to request tickets is Monday, but I can't find where to do it. The website provides a link, but there's nothing about a bowl game.

Getting mine through a friend in the Georgia alumni group located here in Augusta. Which surprisingly are usually pretty good seats for any Georgia game. But I’m just asking for a single seat, which will be dead in the middle of those nut sniffers.

1 hour ago, gmr548 said:

Georgia should be favored but 14 seems a bit high given the circumstances and the fact that Texas has basically proved itself OU's equal over two games. Of course, UGA has a big advantage in the trenches so it could certainly be a multiple score game, but Texas has a habit of hanging around.

Meh, they typically struggle facing a QB who can throw. And really have problems facing one who can run AND throw. Stat building against Middle Tennessee State, Austin Peay and UMass doesn’t intimidate me. Nor does beating South Carolina, Vanderbilt or Georgia Tech. We too would have some gaudy numbers facing those same teams.

And we too have athletic players. So it comes down to Sam’s health. If Sam is healthy they do not have a 14 point advantage. Besides, 14 is fucking ridiculous.

Anyone know the general area for the RSVP seats? It just says "Texas - lower level" which isn't particularly helpful. 

Also - do you think the seats will be better the earlier I purchase or is it just random?

Edited by ztejas

1 minute ago, TexEx15 said:

There is some similarities to this game.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/game?gameId=340020333

Eh. Saban's teams tend to underperform unless an MNC is on the line. I wouldn't read too much into that. That said, UGA could very well pull a similar disappearing act. We are a bad matchup for them for numerous reasons - even though they have us handily beat on paper.

I think we can pull the upset but won't be crying on Bourbon Street if we lose. Just make it competitive at least to prove we earned our berth.