we're going the sugar bowl

blacklab

23 minutes ago, ztejas said:

OU won't play an SEC team in the title game. I'm indifferent as far as their game against Bama is concerned. If they make the title game I'll cheer for whoever I have to to deny them.

Ideally, either Notre Dame or Clemson wins the title.

But honestly, it don't make a shit. Beat Georgia, and I'm happy.

5 minutes ago, Walden Ponderer said:

Ideally, either Notre Dame or Clemson wins the title.

But honestly, it don't make a shit. Beat Georgia, and I'm happy.

I think the Domers winning (as deep as the dislike for them runs) would be the best scenario in terms of pushing for an 8 team playoff. The B10 will definitely be on the phone complaining that they didn't win their/a conference.

I don't care much for SEC homer Greg McElroy as an announcer, but he said recently that the Texas/Georgia Sugar Bowl game is going to be a preview of one of the semi-final CFP matchups next year.  He was real positive on Texas going forward and thinks we will be in the playoff next year and probably play Georgia again.   

1 hour ago, bejezuz said:

Of course.  We had our shot at spoiling the Sooners chances, one more Sooner championship and Heisman trophy doesn't hurt our recruiting nearly as much as the national bias against us and the Big 12.  

This CFP is so conflicting for me.  I'm tired of the Big 12 getting screwed over in the process year in and year out and really want to see a Big 12 team come in there and just fuck shit up and run over these teams.  But I really don't want that team to be OU.  I'm not even considering recruiting, I just don't want that bitch ass dwarf winning the Heisman and I don't want those inbred Oklahomans winning anything 

30 minutes ago, lemonandaturd said:

I don't care much for SEC homer Greg McElroy as an announcer, but he said recently that the Texas/Georgia Sugar Bowl game is going to be a preview of one of the semi-final CFP matchups next year.  He was real positive on Texas going forward and thinks we will be in the playoff next year and probably play Georgia again.   

This is going to be the narrative but our roster tells me 2020 is the more realistic year to circle.  Front 7 and OL going to be young.   Of course, if CJ and LJH both come back that would help a lot.

Edited by Skipper

9 hours ago, DataHorn said:

Would any of you take winning the Sugar, and in the process confirming Texas is Back, SEC is overrated, ESPN is biased, aggy is no better than their big 12 days, and all that is good from winning that game...

If it meant OU winning the title and Murray winning the Heisman? Just want to get a feel for win-win versus lose-lose mentality on the boards right now.

Obviously one is not dependent on the other, just a hypothetical deal with the devil.

download.gif

28 minutes ago, Modessit said:

Nobody said anything about rooting for ou. They asked if you'd take a guaranteed Sugar win if it meant ou wins the title. You could still cheer for their losing opponent.

And no, I wouldn't.

I'd rather have a possible Sugar win with a guaranteed ou loss.

Right. It's a stupid, bullshit, hypothetical question that conflates independent variables. It's like asking whether you'd rather fuck your mom or your dad. How about neither? How about Texas wins and OU loses? 

Fuck the question and fuck OU. Go post the reverse hypothetical on a Sooner board and see what response you get. 

11 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Right. It's a stupid, bullshit, hypothetical question that conflates independent variables. It's like asking whether you'd rather fuck your mom or your dad. How about neither? How about Texas wins and OU loses? 

Would you rather going the sugar bowl or going up the country?

Would any of you take winning the Sugar, and in the process confirming Texas is Back, SEC is overrated, ESPN is biased, aggy is no better than their big 12 days, and all that is good from winning that game...
If it meant OU winning the title and Murray winning the Heisman? Just want to get a feel for win-win versus lose-lose mentality on the boards right now.
Obviously one is not dependent on the other, just a hypothetical deal with the devil.
In a hypothetical sense absolutely. I want OU to lose but if the football gods offered that deal I'd take it in a heartbeat. I'm not aggy, won't cut off my nose to spite my face.

Of course, I hope we win and Bama drills them by 100. I also don't think a Texas win changes the narrative that drastically.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

15 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

I’d like us to win and OU to beat Alabama and then lose to Clemson. 

Or us to win and OU to lose last second on a horrific call where the entire country thinks they were screwed.  That will work.  

No, the correct ideal scenario is us winning (obviously), and OU sucks getting called for every holding that the Big 12 lets them commit with impunity, then for Kyler to get smashed by a clean hit and have to leave the game.  Then the camera pans over to Kyler on the sideline in tears while Bama erases a 14 point deficit to win late in the 4th.  A screencap of Cryler then makes the rounds as a new meme.

Edited by OU Sucks

I'd like for us to retroactively claim the 2008 National Title and sign an annexation agreement for Bryan/College Station to permanently be part of Oklahoma. They can build a new WinStar there - aggy will love it. 

Edited by ztejas

Unbelievable thread on the Georgia Rant board. 

Openly complaing and campaigning to drop the unfair SEC title game so they can go to the playoffs. It’s just unfair that they actually have to play Alabama after going all season not playing them. 

If we just get rid of the game Georgia and Bama make the playoffs every year!

Time to earn your money Todd and Tom. Let’s fuck shit up. 

https://www.secrant.com/rant/uga-sports/the-sec-championship-game-hurt-us/80621806/

48 minutes ago, ChickenSandwich said:

Unbelievable thread on the Georgia Rant board. 

Openly complaing and campaigning to drop the unfair SEC title game so they can go to the playoffs. It’s just unfair that they actually have to play Alabama after going all season not playing them. 

If we just get rid of the game Georgia and Bama make the playoffs every year!

Time to earn your money Todd and Tom. Let’s fuck shit up. 

https://www.secrant.com/rant/uga-sports/the-sec-championship-game-hurt-us/80621806/

I go out of my way to avoid SECRant, the absolute worst of cfb message boards, which are almost entirely shit to begin with, and some of you keep bring that crap over here.

That board is one big "You Suck."  "No, YOU suck."  "Nuh-uh, YOU SUCK."

That's every thread in a nutshell.

4 minutes ago, Augustus said:

I go out of my way to avoid SECRant, the absolute worst of cfb message boards, which are almost entirely shit to begin with, and some of you keep bring that crap over here.

I've never been. I imagine it's a bunch of redneck SEC fans participating in one big penis measuring contest. 

5 minutes ago, Augustus said:

Those people would be otherwise be out beating their children, so it serves as a beneficial outlet for hostilities.

9 minutes ago, ztejas said:

I've never been. I imagine it's a bunch of redneck SEC fans participating in one big penis measuring contest. 

There's a bunch of redneck SEC fans, no doubt, plus a bunch of current students from the various schools, which makes for an impressive collection of emotional immaturity.

Given that just about any cfb message board is a group exercise in emotional immaturity, it's impressive how well SECRant distinguishes itself on that score.

3 minutes ago, Augustus said:

There's a bunch of redneck SEC fans, no doubt, plus a bunch of current students from the various schools, which makes for an impressive collection of emotional immaturity.

Given that just about any cfb message board is a group exercise in emotional immaturity, it's impressive how well SECRant distinguishes itself on that score.

So, the Finebaum show in print.

You coulda just said that.

(edit for spelling that dick with ears name wrong)

Edited by Cajun

Fuck the question and fuck OU. Go post the reverse hypothetical on a Sooner board and see what response you get. 

Actually it would be a good question for aggy. Would they take mighty Bama getting blown out by ou if it guarantees Texas loses to Georgia? Or would they rather have Bama win even if it guarantees a Texas win?
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Modessit said:

Actually it would be a good question for aggy. Would they take mighty Bama getting blown out by ou if it guarantees Texas loses to Georgia? Or would they rather have Bama win even if it guarantees a Texas win?

Alright, who has a Texags account? I want to see this thread. 

6 minutes ago, Modessit said:

It would be a phenomenon similar to what happened on Shaggy in the A&M/OU Cotton Bowl thread back in '12.

For a few hours, the most fanatical Horn fans in the cfb universe came together to openly and unapologetically root for OU.

Edited by Augustus

22 minutes ago, Augustus said:

It would be a phenomenon similar to what happened on Shaggy in the A&M/OU Cotton Bowl thread back in '12.

For a few hours, the most fanatical Horn fans in the cfb universe came together to openly and unapologetically root for OU.

Must have missed that. I was happy aggy smoked them. You knew aggy wouldn't be able to make anything sustainable out of it.

1 minute ago, gmr548 said:

Must have missed that. I was happy aggy smoked them. You knew aggy wouldn't be able to make anything sustainable out of it.

Really those teams meeting in a bowl always works out well for Texas because you get to watch at least one of them lose to the other.