we're going the sugar bowl

blacklab

1 hour ago, TreatyOak said:

First of all, thank you for your service. I appreciate that you served for this country that I love. 

Sam is completing the best and more importantly, the most meaningful season as a Texas QB since Colt McCoy in 2009. Even more important than his performance on the field is how he is influencing the culture to take us from being used to losing to winning. This off-season, if players dare to slack off, they will have to answer to him. That's why he won the job in the first place and that is a HUGE win for us. 

No, dude I love Sam, it was the first thing I said, but this is a bit much for a QB who hasn’t won a championship of any kind yet. Hell, Sam would probably tell you that himself. The standard is high at Texas. You know that, I know that, he knows that. He’ll win soon enough, until then let’s hold the thank you cards.

1 hour ago, longhornmatt said:

If our threads about OU QBs are any indication, we should be saying he seems like he sucks and/or asking whether he might be satan.

Need to work in some ball gargling, too.  Not sure who should be gargling who’s balls, though.  Maybe someone can help me out.

17 minutes ago, USMCHorn said:

No, dude I love Sam, it was the first thing I said, but this is a bit much for a QB who hasn’t won a championship of any kind yet. Hell, Sam would probably tell you that himself. The standard is high at Texas. You know that, I know that, he knows that. He’ll win soon enough, until then let’s hold the thank you cards.

OK-COOL-HOOK-EM.jpg

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

UGA Rivals:

Freshman quarterback Justin Fields has told the Georgia coaching staff that he is looking into transferring after the conclusion of the 2018 season.

Fields asked to have his name included on the NCAA Transfer Portal list. The transfer portal took the place of the release student athletes needed to get from their coaches to speak with other schools.

Fields and his family are expected to consult with attorney Thomas Mars. Mars was instrumental in helping a number of Ole Miss student athletes appeal the NCAA rule that requires transfers between FBS schools to sit out one year. Those athletes, notable Shea Patterson of Michigan, were allowed to play immediately.

All of this does not guarantee that Fields will transfer from Georgia. He was at practice today and is expected to play in Georgia's bowl game. Still, putting his name on the transfer list so other coaches can speak with him and expecting to consult with an attorney who specializes in helping players receive immediate eligibility all point to a likely transfer.

13 hours ago, utee94 said:

Kris Kristofferson wrote it, and I like it best when he plays it himself.  He was never a great singer, but what a fantastic songwriter.

Here's another country/NOLA song from another of my favorite songwriters:

I knew a man, Bojangles and he danced for you
In worn out shoes
Silver hair, a ragged shirt and baggy pants
The old soft shoe
He jumped so high
He jumped so high
Then he'd lightly touch down

I met him in a cell in New Orleans, I was
Down and out
He looked to me to be the eyes of age
As he spoke right out
He talked of life
He talked of life
He laughed, clicked his heels and stepped
He said his name, Bojangles and he danced a lick
Across the cell
He grabbed his pants, a better stance
Oh, he jumped so high
Then he clicked his heels
He let go a laugh
He let go a laugh
Pushed back his clothes all around

Mr. Bojangles
Mr. Bojangles
Mr. Bojangles
Dance

He danced for those in minstrel shows and county fairs
Throughout the south
He spoke with tears of fifteen years how his dog and him
Traveled about
The dog up and died
He up and died
After twenty years he still grieves
He said I dance now at every chance in honky tonks
For drinks and tips
But most the time I spend behind these county bars
He said I drinks a bit
He shook his head
And as he shook his head
I heard someone ask him please

Please
Mr. Bojangles
Mr. Bojangles
Mr. Bojangles
Dance

From today's DMN article...

https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/college-sports/collegesports/2018/12/17/sting-big-12-title-game-loss-still-lingers-texas-plenty-stake-vs-georgia-sugar-bowl

The defense is getting ready for the challenge of a physical running game, a far cry from most Big 12 offenses. 

“Georgia huddles. They go under center. It’s something that we’re not used to,” junior safety Brandon Jones said. “Anytime we get that in the Big 12, we think it’s a trick play or something’s up.” 

Eventually, the talk came back to motivation. 

“I feel like we both teams feel like we have something to prove,” Jones said. “We’re going to be coming in hungry to eat.”

Ticket price update:  Still dropping.

On Stubhub:

Terrace level on the UGA side is down to $65.  Terrace on UT side is $80ish.  Those are endzones and corners.  Terrace between the 20s are going for $90ish to $120 on each side respectively.  Club level seats are now going for what the terrace level were a week ago.  Club level endzones for $175 and club level sidelines for mid $200s. 

One thing that is clear is that UGA side tickets are cheaper than the UT side in each corresponding section.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Your Mom said:

On Stubhub:

Terrace level on the UGA side is down to $65.  Terrace on UT side is $80ish.  Those are endzones and corners.  Terrace between the 20s are going for $90ish to $120 on each side respectively.  Club level seats are now going for what the terrace level were a week ago.  Club level endzones for $175 and club level sidelines for mid $200s. 

One thing that is clear is that UGA side tickets are cheaper than the UT side in each corresponding section.

I should have 2 extra LHF tix somewhere in that club level ($180 per) I won't be using I'll sell for face.  Haven't received tix yet.

First of all, thank you for your service. I appreciate that you served for this country that I love. 
Sam is completing the best and more importantly, the most meaningful season as a Texas QB since Colt McCoy in 2009. Even more important than his performance on the field is how he is influencing the culture to take us from being used to losing to winning. This off-season, if players dare to slack off, they will have to answer to him. That's why he won the job in the first place and that is a HUGE win for us. 

Answer to him? You know this how? What a crock
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

2 hours ago, Your Mom said:

On Stubhub:

i think what you will see is the tickets that are UPS delivery drop as the date they need to be delivered closes in. once that date passes, the tickets left will be electronic delivery and prices will be a little higher again. then prices will drop again the last couple of days.

I neg you every time I notice you spamming the boards with repeat content due to your rep thirst, with that choice obviously being validated by your post here. I mean that Ehlinger one at the top of this page was corny enough to deserve a neg but at least it was original content.

I thought we talked about this.

Edited by Huckleberry
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, po elvis said:

i think what you will see is the tickets that are UPS delivery drop as the date they need to be delivered closes in. once that date passes, the tickets left will be electronic delivery and prices will be a little higher again. then prices will drop again the last couple of days.

Shit, I've been monitoring prices but haven't been paying much attention to the delivery type.  Most are UPS so that changes the time frame quite a bit to have in hand before heading to NOLA a couple of days early.  Can these be changed to mobile at some point?

2 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

I neg you every time I notice you spamming the boards with repeat content due to your rep thirst, with that choice obviously being validated by your post here. I mean that Ehlinger one at the top of this page was corny enough to deserve a neg but at least it was original content.

2012-09-10-Tower-Lights-nathan-goldsmith

4 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

I don’t care, there is never anything wrong with post prime poon like her.

• Like 1

Yea no shit. I rolled the dice with LHF and sure enough, got fucking terrace. I’ll never get the $320 for two back. I’m just going to attend for the sake of feeling less like I got fucked. 

getting fucked is quite nice. Wasting $320 which is like almost tree fiddy is nothing close to getting fucked.

1 hour ago, ztejas said:

I will say you could afford to branch out.

Not that I'm... complaining... about that pic but there must be some other fueg ones out there, right?

New ones on the way. And props for your impressive recent contributions in this important arena. 

1 hour ago, Armybrat said:

I don’t care, there is never anything wrong with post prime poon like her.

Boom. Reads like poetry. 

9 hours ago, 4Pete said:

The next time I make the right decision about Texas tickets will be the first time in 20 years.  They fuck me every time.

The more my brother donated to the LHF, the worse his OU tickets were located. He quit that charade years ago after attending over 60 straight OU games.

59 minutes ago, GreenspointTexas said:

Ticket prices still plummeting

I haven't seen any change since yesterday.... where are you looking?

My plaza lower end zone are still selling above face where I just checked (granted all told I paid above face, but still)

11 minutes ago, ztejas said:

I haven't seen any change since yesterday.... where are you looking?

My plaza lower end zone are still selling above face where I just checked (granted all told I paid above face, but still)

Stubhub has plaza endzones for $100 before fees. $129 including fees.

I don't believe there is an advantage, other than good seats.  It's the the name of that level.  Starting at field-level and working your way up its Plaza, Club, Luxury Suites, Upper Box, Terrace.  

It's been years since I was in the Superdome but I recall it being steep and Terrace is way the fuck up there.  Terrace is down to $58 btw.

27 minutes ago, Your Mom said:

Stubhub has plaza endzones for $100 before fees. $129 including fees.

Lowest I'm seeing is $125. After that $150. Both UPS which means I'm guessing they are about to the end of the window that they can guarantee delivery.

What I'm wondering is what happens to those tickets come Friday or Saturday where, unless you're hoping they get to your hotel room on the day of, you're probably SOL.

You can't change the delivery method either which means they are using UPS ground.

So do those go to electronic then get bumped price wise?

Seems like this is your best opportunity  to snipe anything unless you want to wait until day off to try and buy an electronic transfer.

12 hours ago, 4Pete said:

The next time I make the right decision about Texas tickets will be the first time in 20 years.  They fuck me every time.

Honestly, the more basic you keep it, the better is what I’ve noriced. There’s not very much to screw up when I just renew the same shit year after year for section 13 and ou. Regular season is fairly seemless. I’ll never use them for a neutral again, and jury is still out for away games. 

Honestly, the more basic you keep it, the better is what I’ve noriced. There’s not very much to screw up when I just renew the same shit year after year for section 13 and ou. Regular season is fairly seemless. I’ll never use them for a neutral again, and jury is still out for away games. 

Exactly, if you are anywhere up on the foundation list you’re usually better off going through them for OU, unless we just suck. I went through the foundation once for bowl tickets and will never do that again, except maybe for the CFP. I sometimes go through the foundation for away games, the tickets usually suck but I like sitting with fellow horn fans most of the time.
  • Like 1