we're going the sugar bowl

blacklab

4 hours ago, Your Mom said:

I don't believe there is an advantage, other than good seats.  It's the the name of that level.  Starting at field-level and working your way up its Plaza, Club, Luxury Suites, Upper Box, Terrace.  

It's been years since I was in the Superdome but I recall it being steep and Terrace is way the fuck up there.  Terrace is down to $58 btw.

I think the face on the "Club level" is slightly higher than the 100's so presumably there is some difference.  Maybe better food/drink options?  Also, I posted on other forum but looking to get rid of my 322's in team section.  $300 for pair currently as that is under market after fees on stubhub, etc.   I'm only going to need a single.   For those looking generally, whether at premium or get in the door level, I would add bthere is some value sitting in team sections vs. cheapest get in the door price.  I learned that the hard way getting cheapest seats at Bama Championship game surrounded by SEC Bama fans.  I won't make that same mistake again.

3 minutes ago, ztejas said:

I mean, look, if you want to roll the dice go for it. When I checked this morning stub-hub said guaranteed delivery by Friday 12/28 if you ordered today. Considering this is the busiest time of the year for shipping anything anywhere I would be cautious. 

i agree. i am not messing with UPS tickets. i will buy Instant Download tix.

Has there been any mention or brainstorming yet of bars to gather at? Be it Exes or Surly, both are fine, just curious if there’s a couple of pregame spots being thrown out there? Tailagiting kind of sucks at bowl games and I feel like bars will the ticket. 

Edited by brojangles2

59 minutes ago, brojangles2 said:

Has there been any mention or brainstorming yet of bars to gather at? Be it Exes or Surly, both are fine, just curious if there’s a couple of pregame spots being thrown out there? Tailagiting kind of sucks at bowl games and I feel like bars will the ticket. 

If it's anything like the Final 4 basically Bourbon St. is the tailgate.

17 minutes ago, bigup2dahorns said:

I remember walking to the dome for the Final Four game vs Syracuse. Didn’t seem like a big deal.

Same.  If I remember correctly, big crowds all headed same direction as it got closer to gametime.    It's not that bad of a walk.  Particularly considering you can bring your drinks with you.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Skipper said:

For what it's worth, when I listed, there wasn't an option to convert to electronic (i.e., type in bar code).   Those may be season ticket holder seats only.

If you have Sugar Bowl tickets in hand, you can enter the barcode to sell digitally, but only on Ticketmaster (from what I can tell).

53 minutes ago, LonghornSean said:

If you have Sugar Bowl tickets in hand, you can enter the barcode to sell digitally, but only on Ticketmaster (from what I can tell).

I was about to pull trigger on some UPS delivery by Dec 28, but now does this info mean we may get cheap digital tickets later on Ticketmaster?  I'm probably over thinking this and should just buy...

All I know is Bama fans sucked.  I'm looking to sell my 2 and buy a single but probably going to stick to Texas area.  Mine (club endzone LHF) are listed on swap meet but I'm going to beat market on stubhub/ticketmaster (essentially cutting out all fees - selling for net).  So if anyone on here is looking in that area, just PM me with an offer.

2 hours ago, Skipper said:

Same.  If I remember correctly, big crowds all headed same direction as it got closer to gametime.    It's not that bad of a walk.  Particularly considering you can bring your drinks with you.

Sounds good. Tailgating is hit or miss at best with the neutral sites. Bars seem logical esp given the backdrop of bourbon and warehouse district. I think that’s gonna be the way to go. 

48 minutes ago, Viethorn said:

You fence-sitters pull the trigger yet? I am about grabbing 4 sideline seats, especially on Jarwa side that is almost half that  of Texas side. $150/each vs $300

How terrible are Georgia fans? are they are any similar to Aggies besides worshipping dogs?

No way I’d ever sit on the opposing fans side.   I’ve done it a couple times even with schools that aren’t necessarily known for being shitheads. They were shitheads anyway. It’s just the nature of being lumped in with the other team. I’m sure they’d think the same about our fans. 

1 hour ago, ShowmeyourTDs said:

Well Heineken was founded in a lowland country that is used to flooding.  It’s only fitting that he honors our Dutch brewmasters from the Netherlands.

It's also a place where laws exist mostly as "suggestions" rather than actual rules.

3 hours ago, Your Mom said:

No way I’d ever sit on the opposing fans side.   I’ve done it a couple times even with schools that aren’t necessarily known for being shitheads. They were shitheads anyway. It’s just the nature of being lumped in with the other team. I’m sure they’d think the same about our fans. 

Given their weak pulls in all tickets sites I expect some sections will be half of Texans anyway. 

• Like 1