we're going the sugar bowl

blacklab

7 hours ago, EuroHorn said:

No way!  I’ve already bought tickets. Should I cancel my hotel?

i guess I’ll hope for the Freedom Bowl. 

Nightmare.  At the time of that game, my non-student, off campus roommate was an Iowa grad.  Ugh. He let me know about that game's outcome for a long, long time. 

6 hours ago, MrPhlegm said:
6 hours ago, Tired Horn said:
God. I'd almost forgotten about that--the night the wheels finally came spinning off on the Akers era. The only bowl worse is the 1991 Cotton Bowl against Miami.

I was at that Cotton Bowl.

Yeah I was there, too. Miserable game to go with the miserable weather. The only thing I remember cheering for was the personal foul and unsportsmanlike penalties against Miami, of which there seemed to be eleventy billion.

8 hours ago, Valmy77 said:

Yeah...and going to the Sugar Bowl because we lost to OU would be shittiest Sugar Bowl berth in history. 

8 hours ago, Disco Missile said:

Yeah, fffttt. Another damned Sugar Bowl for us. 

For the record - the shittiest Sugar Bowl is still in New Orleans; I've been to bowl games in El Paso, Jacksonville, Tampa, Detroit, Shreveport and I'd take that shitty bowl in New Orleans over those locations (along with Boise, Mobile, Memphis ....)

9 hours ago, TexArcher said:

But we're not going to lose.  We're going to win.

Oh, I know. Just saying if hell freezes over we're playing in January for the first time in 9 years - and if we aren't it's because OU got snubbed.

I already posted that the bowl is an afterthought. Beat OU and that's a season worth putting on some wall somewhere.

10 hours ago, ztejas said:

If we lose, we lose. If OU goes to the playoff we get a decent consolation. If OU doesn't - then OU doesn't.

It's a win win either way if we lose imho. Assuming OU gets their ass handed to them by Bama (which they will).

You're such an unbelievable dumbfuck. 

• Like 2
  • Fuck You 1

14 minutes ago, Zepol87 said:

I can't fucking wait. I love that city and already took that whole week off just in case. 

Man I want to go but those ticket prices are murder. Nosebleeds starting at $150. Anything decent and you're dropping 3 or 4 bills a pop.

Southwest owes me a flight though so who knows. Also it's bonus season.

4 minutes ago, TornACL said:

You're such an unbelievable dumbfuck. 

Christ learn to think critically. Sorry for phrasing my point the wrong way. That doesnt make me a dumbfuck.

Are you going to spend the rest of the year miserable if OU wins on Saturday? Going to boycott the Sugar Bowl? Are we not counting the '05 Rose Bowl win because we lost to OU that year? 

9 hours ago, Valmy77 said:

Yeah...and going to the Sugar Bowl because we lost to OU would be shittiest Sugar Bowl berth in history. 

yup, laughing at OU for getting blown out in the playoff is aggy and going to the Sugar Bowl if we lose to OU is aggy and I guess rooting against OU in the playoff at all must be aggy 

but hopefully rooting against them this weekend isn't too aggy for those of you who don't want to offend ChiTownDoc who's a super cool dude, otherwise I guess we're all rooting for OU to win the national championship so as not to be aggy?

jesus fucking christ

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Christ learn to think critically. Sorry for phrasing my point the wrong way. That doesnt make me a dumbfuck.

Are you going to spend the rest of the year miserable if OU wins on Saturday? Going to boycott the Sugar Bowl? Are we not counting the '05 Rose Bowl win because we lost to OU that year? 

Not only are you bad at phrasing, you're quite bad at making arguments... Even though you make try to make them on here, **constantly** and with everyone. 

If the ultimate destination is the same either way, it doesn't make playing OU a goddamn "win-win". Quit thinking like a giant gaping pussy. 

We have let these stupid shitbags win one Big 12 Title after another while floundering around. This is a chance to directly and immediately stop that. I want a Big 12 Title. I want to stomp Kyler's bitch ass again. This is important. 

I don't give a fuck about a mother fucking Sugar Bowl exhibition game. That game is not important. 

Edited by TornACL
  • Like 8

2 minutes ago, TornACL said:

Not only are you bad at phrasing, you're quite bad at making arguments... Even though you make try to make them on here, **constantly** and with everyone. 

If the ultimate destination is the same either way, it doesn't make playing OU a goddamn "win-win". Quit thinking like a giant gaping pussy. 

We have let these stupid shitbags win one Big 12 Title after another while floundering around. This is a chance to directly and immediately stop that. I want a Big 12 Title. I want to stomp Kyler's bitch ass again. This is important. 

I agree with this...

2 minutes ago, TornACL said:

I don't give a fuck about a mother fucking Sugar Bowl exhibition game. That game is not important. 

But not with this. The chance to beat a good SEC team in the national spotlight will be huge for perception, recruiting, and program momentum going into the offseason.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, TornACL said:

it doesn't make playing OU a goddamn "win-win"

I didn't say playing OU is a "win win" either way. Learn to read dumbass. 

I'm saying in bizarro land where we don't kick the shit out of OU on Saturday - we get a result I can live with either way whether OU makes the playoff or not. *To make it painfully clear, the "result" meaning what happens outside of that game once it's over. You can be a negative Nancy about it if you want.

Edited by ztejas
  • Fuck You 1

1 minute ago, ztejas said:

I didn't say playing OU is a "win win" either way. Learn to read dumbass. 

I'm saying in bizarro land where we don't kick the shit out of OU on Saturday - we get a result I can live with either way whether OU makes the playoff or not. 

So I am back to my original point. You're a fucking idiot. You don't even understand what the phrase "win-win" means. 

Go fuck yourself. 

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

3 minutes ago, TornACL said:

So I am back to my original point. You're a fucking idiot. You don't even understand what the phrase "win-win" means. 

Go fuck yourself. 

"If we lose, we lose... it's a win/win either way if we lose imho"

The "win/win" referring to our and OU's postseason because fuck them - always. Again - we haven't played in January in nine years. If that doesn't mean anything to you you're a miserable bastard.

I have work to do so if you need any more grammar lessons I hear Khan Academy is doing well.

3 minutes ago, ztejas said:

"If we lose, we lose... it's a win/win either way if we lose imho"

The "win/win" referring to our and OU's postseason because fuck them - always. Again - we haven't played in January in nine years. If that doesn't mean anything to you you're a miserable bastard.

I have work to do so if you need any more grammar lessons I hear Khan Academy is doing well.

You're a fucking Aggie. 

• Like 1

I can't believe you guys are bitching at each other in a thread about us going to the Sugar Bowl after all these years.

Reminds me of an argument I had with the wife when we first moved in together.  I opened a publishers clearinghouse envelope and was mindlessly putting a sticker of some sportscar on the return envelope so I could maybe win the sportscar.

The wife said - you're not taking the sportscar if you win, you're taking the cash value, right?  Heck no I said.  We then got in a surprisingly heated argument about cash vs. camaro. 

So in this example, the Camaro is the Sugar Bowl and the wife is the Texas Bowl.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Zepol87 said:

Anyone ever done the RSVP thing for the Sugar Bowl? 50 dollars to RSVP for Texas but it guarantees face value tickets. Any reason to worry?

https://cfp-rsvp.com/team?id=401

Looks to be a shoowin.com knockoff. I used shoowin for the big 12 tickets and got Sugar Bowl for $20/ticket. Looks like now the pricing is similar though.

8 hours ago, MrPhlegm said:
9 hours ago, Tired Horn said:
God. I'd almost forgotten about that--the night the wheels finally came spinning off on the Akers era. The only bowl worse is the 1991 Cotton Bowl against Miami.

I was at that Cotton Bowl.

Me too... Froze my ass off. Got hit on by a gay guy. I refused btw.

1 hour ago, tantric superman said:

I can't believe you guys are bitching at each other in a thread about us going to the Sugar Bowl after all these years.

This. It isn't rocket science. Fuck OU, fuck our bowl opponent, fuck OU when they play in the Alamo Bowl, fuck OU if they play in the CFP, fuck OU if they (somehow) play in the Sugar Bowl. 
You're either a child or a bitter fuck if you choose to get into a hissy-fit at the slightest suggestion that the #5 team in the country could win on Saturday. 

That's my hill and y'all are welcome to kill me on it. 

Hook em.

I want to beat OU as bad as anyone. But if we do lose and end up in the Sugar, I will still be very happy to get to go down to NOLA and play UGA. The shittiest Sugar Bowl bid is miles better than the best Texas or Alamo Bowl bid. Enjoy it.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

12 hours ago, Valmy77 said:

They don't take Big 12 teams anymore only Pac 12 and Big 10. The Mack Invitational is no more. The face full of Johnson game is the last time Texas will play there...for a long time anyway.

Yep. Basically the Alamo bowl today is the equivalent of Mack's Holiday Bowl. 

Edited by UTEX_ME

7 minutes ago, Roofle said:

Guessing this is decided by ranking, as the CFP hosts the bowl

We're visitors this year.  

For the 2019 Allstate Sugar Bowl, the SEC representative will be the home team and will occupy the home bench on the West Sideline of the Mercedes-Benz Superdome while the Big 12 representative will occupy the visitor bench on the East Sideline. The Big 12 and the SEC alternate home and visitor designations annually (in non-semifinal years).

• Like 2