PAC-12 CHAMPIONSHIP: Washington vs. Utah - 7CT FOX

texifornia

13 minutes ago, Constant said:

Stubhub has tickets for $9. I know the PAC 12 looked attractive at the time, but I’m pretty glad we didn’t make that move. Garbage ass football fans out there. 

There's also

a) it's undriveable - the cost of the flight is on top of the tickets

b) The "bigger" team underachieved this year

c) the other team might have the smallest fanbase in the conference

There's also
a) it's undriveable - the cost of the flight is on top of the tickets
b) The "bigger" team underachieved this year
c) the other team might have the smallest fanbase in the conference

Was just listening to one of my CFB podcasts yesterday (think it was Solid Verbal) and they were lamenting the location and rush hour time slot and also noting that it’s something like 700 and 800 miles from each of the respective schools playing in it. Not at all surprised at such low ticket sales. Also doesn’t help that there’s no chance of playoffs for the winner.

I believe this is also where the championship game will be played and seem to recall they were previously complaining about that and how it’s in a bad location to get to.

27 minutes ago, texifornia said:

The first P5 championship game is tonight in Santa Clara!

Tickets are ...uh... reasonably priced

Part of that is because the Pac 12 is the only conference that already knows neither team is going to the playoffs. 

26 minutes ago, Constant said:

Stubhub has tickets for $9. I know the PAC 12 looked attractive at the time, but I’m pretty glad we didn’t make that move. Garbage ass football fans out there. 

I never got the allure of the PAC12 for a lot of posters on here. I think they got stars in their eyes about USC and UCLA. Obviously, a lot of the posters on here are more jet set travelers than me, but the logistics of travelling a thousand miles or more to games, particularly when you can't make travel arrangements until a week before (11 AM kickoff? 7 PM kickoff?) just puts the cost and fatigue factor out of reach for me. 

Go Dawgs.  Should be an entertaining game as both teams actually still know how to play good defense. 

CCG site sucks. Went in 2016. Dismal location. Outside of NY/New England, the Bay Area is the worst CFB market in the country. If the game was anywhere else in the conference footprint, attendance would be better.  Add a Friday night at rush hour, well....

Fortunately, it will be in Vegas sooner rather than later.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, NBMisha said:

Ha.  We are on Bainbridge for a few days.  Maybe there is a tavern somewhere to watch this.  Would be epic if the Utes got it done.

Try hitting up Bainbridge Brewing Alehouse.  They usually have a pretty solid selection.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Al_4_ISU said:

I’ll be watching.  I have a hunch we’ll be playing the loser in San Antone

Are you suggesting TX will lose tomorrow?  If so, Fuck You.  And Fuck OU.

If not, I apologize for my rash statements.  Ok.  Cool.  OU Sucks.

I typically enjoy your contribution to the Surly (which reminds me, go pay and support the SURLY).

3 minutes ago, Izhmash said:

Are you suggesting TX will lose tomorrow?  If so, Fuck You.  And Fuck OU.

If not, I apologize for my rash statements.  Ok.  Cool.  OU Sucks.

I typically enjoy your contribution to the Surly (which reminds me, go pay and support the SURLY).

"We" means Iowa State for @Al_4_ISU

• Like 2

1 minute ago, texifornia said:

"We" means Iowa State for @Al_4_ISU

Understood, and my comments stand.  I assumed that by having a hunch re: ISU & Alamo, he is stating an opinion that TX loses to OU (and the dominos fall accordingly after that).  Hence, my question...   I could easily be missing something, which is why I hedged 😂

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mdleast said:

Was just listening to one of my CFB podcasts yesterday (think it was Solid Verbal) and they were lamenting the location and rush hour time slot and also noting that it’s something like 700 and 800 miles from each of the respective schools playing in it. Not at all surprised at such low ticket sales. Also doesn’t help that there’s no chance of playoffs for the winner.

I believe this is also where the championship game will be played and seem to recall they were previously complaining about that and how it’s in a bad location to get to.

Why, why, why don't conference's allow the higher seeded team to host the championship game?  Better fan support, a huge benefit to season ticket holders, and advantage to the team that earned the top seed.  Yes, I understand we would be playing in Norman Saturday if this were the case but take care of business and DKR would be rocking.....

4 minutes ago, Sbbruin said:

Or the new Rams Stadium when it's done. It will be a marquee location, and 10-15 mins from LAX with easy metro rail access. But Levi sucks. Another Larry Scott failure.

If SF had a stadium that wasn't located in a parking lot 30m-1hr away from everything it'd be a great host site and this wouldn't be problem. But it doesn't, so it is.

12 minutes ago, HenryJames said:

Seattle, Portland, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Phoenix, and Denver.

2,000 miles to Portland. 1,760 miles to San Francisco. 1006 miles to Phoenix. 920 miles to Denver. 1,378 miles to Los Angeles. Maybe most of the guys here can afford to spring for those kinds of road trips, but it would put me out of the "away game" business. 

36 minutes ago, Izhmash said:

Understood, and my comments stand.  I assumed that by having a hunch re: ISU & Alamo, he is stating an opinion that TX loses to OU (and the dominos fall accordingly after that).  Hence, my question...   I could easily be missing something, which is why I hedged 😂

I think we go Alamo regardless of CCG outcome.

Either OU wins and makes playoffs, putting you in Sugar, or you win, go to Sugar, and they go to another NY6.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Richard Kimball said:

2,000 miles to Portland. 1,760 miles to San Francisco. 1006 miles to Phoenix. 920 miles to Denver. 1,378 miles to Los Angeles. Maybe most of the guys here can afford to spring for those kinds of road trips, but it would put me out of the "away game" business. 

You can get to SFO, PHX, DIA, & LAX for cheap man. Personally, I'd rather have one trip to Seattle than 3 to Stillwater, Manhattan, and Lubbock.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Constant said:

It's a different culture out west. They don't care about football even close to what we do over here. Which is why I don't think Texas belongs in the Pac 12 for sports. 

57 minutes ago, texifornia said:

The Bay is the home market for two Pac teams. That's not a consideration.

It should have been but our commissioner seems to have dirt on every pres and ad in the conference because they have no balls.  

25 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

It's a different culture out west. They don't care about football even close to what we do over here. Which is why I don't think Texas belongs in the Pac 12 for sports. 

Gets even worse at some of those pac 12 schools where it isn't just apathy, but a genuine disdain for the athletic department among a not insignificant number of faculty and alumni. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Richard Kimball said:

Last time I flew to Seattle, I paid $49 for my return flight to AUS on Frontier.

My daughter goes to school in the Denver area, and we've gotten flights for cheaper than that, and have never paid more than $200 for a round trip. 

8 hours ago, Disco Missile said:

If I was near Santa Clara, I would totally go for $28

I jog during lunch time at work along a trail behind my office, which takes me close to the stadium. It is perfect running weather right now (sunny, 60F). Maybe I should mosey over.

• Like 1