The 119th Army-Navy Game- Dec 8 in Philadelphia, PA

I went once with my father (class of 46). Sadly far to many years past his prime, and it was a last second decision to make the trip and go. Part of the old try and catch up on the shit that you missed as a kid because your old man was a professional soldier.

And though I have been to many different college campuses during my lifetime of watching college football. That game feels so much different. It made me think that is how it must have originally been meant to be played. It has a very nostalgic feel to it. And if you like the sport you will enjoy that game even if you don’t necessarily have a tie to either squad.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Hamttx said:

I went once with my father (class of 46). Sadly far to many years past his prime, and it was a last second decision to make the trip and go. Part of the old try and catch up on the shit that you missed as a kid because your old man was a professional soldier.

And though I have been to many different college campuses during my lifetime of watching college football. That game feels so much different. It made me think that is how it must have originally been meant to be played. It has a very nostalgic feel to it. And if you like the sport you will enjoy that game even if you don’t necessarily have a tie to either squad.

It is the very best sporting event I have ever attended. Got to do it twice.  It's incredible how it feels before the game, during March On, the prisoner exchange, the flyovers, the spirit videos, and then a fantastic game of football where the ultimate goal is to sing your alma mater after the other guy's.  

I highly recommend it to anyone working a sporting event or historical site bucket list.  Philly and/ or Baltimore will help you work that list too.  I promise you will not be disappointed, win or lose.

3 minutes ago, Leeroy Jenkins said:

When I was at USNA (along with one of the other posters on here) that Bill statue always had shiny balls. Some brasso and a rag would keep those boys nice a shiny. 

Do that today and you will probably get kicked out.  

That's terrible to hear. Nevr Dull and I had an intimate relationship. 

Go Navy! Beat Army!

1 hour ago, Leeroy Jenkins said:

When I was at USNA (along with one of the other posters on here) that Bill statue always had shiny balls. Some brasso and a rag would keep those boys nice a shiny. 

Do that today and you will probably get kicked out.  

Still was a thing 2008-2012.

Go Navy! Beat Army!

One for me:

FA-18_Super_Hornets_of_Strike_Fighter_Sq

One for you:

162315-us-navy-lockheed-p-3-orion_Planes

• Like 2

5 hours ago, TheBryMan81 said:

Where I'm currently stationed, we start festivities on Friday with an Army vs Navy youth flag football game, women's flag football game, then a men's flag football game. Should be a fun couple of days. 

Go Navy! Beat Army!

Oldest son is WP Class of '17.  Younger son begins enlistment in Navy this January. The latter says he will still pull for Army because his brother actually went there.  Older bro says, "First time you have days off or better chow for beating Army and your loyalties to me will be over. LOL"

I still pull for Army even though I was enlisted Marines.  I told oldest son I would go back to cheering for Navy after he graduated, but the connection with West Point is stronger than any "love" I may have ever had for the taxi service.

Go Army!  Beat Navy!

I work with a Naval Academy grad and a West Point grad. The navy guy played football for Navy and the army guy played basketball for WP.

The cadet saw combat action. The midshipman flew supply missions.

Both are about 15 years my junior. I respect both of them immensely. Both great guys with high character.

I have no allegiance to either team. I just love the game for it's history, pageantry, and the love for the good old USA!

Kudos for all who serve or have served our great nation.

Edited by mininghorn88
  • Like 2