Players Skipping Bowl Games Thread

Patrick Bateman

16 minutes ago, Jkwellborn said:

How big of a difference do you think it makes? Serious question.

It almost sounds like Charles O. is taking a shot at the guys on last years team.

I would think it would pretty huge. I'm sure that 90% of OU's practice is working on schemes against Alabama, not working on self improvement. The combine starts Feb 26th. if you need to gain 10lbs or if you have a nagging injury you need to start working on that now in order to be at peak performance on Feb 26th

Just now, Jameslaw121 said:

I would think it would pretty huge. I'm sure that 90% of OU's practice is working on schemes against Alabama, not working on self improvement. The combine starts Feb 26th. if you need to gain 10lbs or if you have a nagging injury you need to start working on that now in order to be at peak performance on Feb 26th

And there is a whole industry now built on getting players ready for the combine and team workouts. They run those drills and train on those drills and nothing else while also eating to gain weight or drop weight in food programs designed for the individual players.

10 hours ago, Gene Parmesan said:

Even if you'd give up everything to live their life, they really don't care.  Just like every sport it means way more to the fans than it does to the players. 

I know of some people who really care if the unpaid players don't play in bowls. Where's the player's sense of loyalty these days? Don't they care if their coaches get their full bonus?  

And don't forget about the AD's. They deserve loyalty. 

Coach-Cribs.jpg

Edited by TreatyOak
Almost forgot to mention the lovable AD's. They have feelings, too.
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, TexasMan said:

memba when he was the Heisman favorite going in to the season?

Bryce played on a bad wheel A LOT this season.  Has lots of questions on his durability for NFL.  Sure seems like he would be a good 2nd RB on a team like the Rams, Chiefs, Chargers or Colts.

Might be a Darren Sproles type player in NFL...

December 10, 2005

Dear Team and Longhorn family, 

Its been a great several years on the 40 acres and I really appreciate all support y’all have given me during this time. The team has worked hard to get ME to where I want to be. But in order for me to make an extra several million dollars in the NFL, I have to decided to sit out the the Rose Bowl on January 6th. This will give me extra time to prepare for the NFL, plus I will avoid any chance of injury. I’ll be rooting for y’all from my limousine back home here in Texas, hopefully Bush and Leinart will have a bad game. From what I hear, Michael Huff is also thinking about joining me in the limo.

Good luck, and HOOK-EM, 

Vince 

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 5

15 minutes ago, US183 said:

December 10, 2005

Its been a great several years on the 40 acres and I really appreciate all support y’all have given me during this time. The team has worked hard to get ME to where I want to be. But in order for me to make an extra several million dollars in the NFL, I have to decided to sit out the the Rose Bowl on January 6th. This will give me extra time to prepare for the NFL, plus I will avoid any chance of injury. I’ll be rooting for y’all from my limousine back home here in Texas, hopefully Bush and Leinart will have a bad game. From what I hear, Michael Huff is also thinking about joining me in the limo.

Good luck, and HOOK-EM, 

Vince 

i wish i could put you in a space shuttle and fly you into the sun.

that was the dumbest fucking thing i have ever read. fuck you forever for typing that out.

• Like 6

You are a terrible person and should feel bad about posting here.

Also, go fuck yourself.

December 10, 2005
Good luck, and HOOK-EM, 
Vince 

• Like 1

Meanwhile, bowl games for December 20th, in the year of two thousand & eighteen:
College Football
Gasparilla Bowl, Raymond James Stadium, Tampa, FL
Marshall at South Florida — ESPN, 8 p.m.

College Football Live — ESPN2, 3 p.m.

On 12/17/2018 at 10:06 PM, 4th&Five said:

El Paso? I spent a week there one night. 

Did you know El Paso is closer to Los Angeles, than what West Virginia has for it's "nearest" XII rival, Iowa State 800+ miles away... (while Pittsburgh/ACC is 90 miles from WVU)...

And there is a whole industry now built on getting players ready for the combine and team workouts. They run those drills and train on those drills and nothing else while also eating to gain weight or drop weight in food programs designed for the individual players.
Which is laughable because none of that shit has anything to do with football. I'd be surprised if an NFL's GM draft board isn't already lined up for the most part before the combine.

9 minutes ago, DaysOff said:
On ‎12‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 7:33 PM, txbroadcaster said:

Which is laughable because none of that shit has anything to do with football. I'd be surprised if an NFL's GM draft board isn't already lined up for the most part before the combine.

It may be laughable to you but plenty of GMs make stupid decisions because of the combine.  You'd be an idiot not to try and take advantage of that and train for it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

#sunbowl  Going to kill his draft status.  Possible 2nd day guy to probably 5/6th round.

If it does it will be of the "immediate contributor" variety. Probably won't limit his ceiling.

It's 2019. ACL tears ain't shit. In fact, a lot of athletes come back stronger and better conditioned from all of the forced PT. 

Achilles? Different story.

Yeah, Love is more of an argument to leave early for the draft if your stock is high at the running back position. Coming back puts more wear on your body and might not work out if your numbers go down which could happen even if you play as well. Injuries, teammates play worse, etc.

Edited by Huckleberry

35 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

#sunbowl  Going to kill his draft status.  Possible 2nd day guy to probably 5/6th round.

Dang.... was surprised with the high number of carries in his junior season and limited number of years RBs play in the NFL, that Bryce didn't go to NFL in 2018.  

College coaches better find ways to get the NFL caliber skill players on the field during freshman seasons to benefit from their talents for at least 3 years......  Going forward, more (not less) skill players like LJH and Bryce Love will be going to the NFL after 3 years.

Edited by LTtxfan

• 5 months later...
1 hour ago, WBT said:

He gets paid if he makes the playoff?

Shit, I wouldn’t put it past Clemson, or any other program for that matter. Would you? 

Lol No college football player in the history of college football is going to willingly sit out games that count towards possibly winning a championship. That includes regular season games too.  So I’m talking about teams in the playoffs, or still in contention of making the playoffs. So the idea that he would say this as the starting qb for Clemson, a team that has separated itself from the rest of college football as THE top tier program, is just funny to me. He’ll most likely never have to cross this bridge to prove what he’s saying is actually true.

I’m not saying I don’t believe him, I’m just saying it’s probably easiest for him to say that out of anyone in college football right now, considering the position he plays and the team he plays for. We know you aren’t sitting out playoff games Trevor Lawrence lol, but thanks for chiming in. It would hold a little more weight if he played for UNC, or aggy, or whatever other team that has no fucking chance at making the playoffs.

Edited by youdunnf'dup