One person got murdered in New Zealand and this was the reaction from their PM

Goo Punch

LMAO, says the guy doing his best Derka impression! Good fucking Lord, at least i acknowledge my own mental illness and own it. You've been a carbon copy of me at my worst in this thread and you STILL don't see it. Let's go down the list.

•You've been combative from the jump

•Evey post you've made in this thread has been shit talk. Literally every single post. 
•You can't help yourself but to keep coming back over and over and over, again, only to post shit talk, never once posting about the subject
•You're blaming someone else and ignoring your own actions

•You just went and serially negged evey post i've made in this thread

91ef54360eeaac53990b13e03a347e12.jpg

"look inward" he says. christ that is incomprehensibly dense. even when presented with these irrefutable facts you choose not to see it. wow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Every post? Here's just one I didn't. You are seriously the most delusional person on the board.

eb565cf9dd00825aea140111826244d4.jpg

On 12/11/2018 at 8:04 AM, DigglerontheHoof said:

No, I was speaking more to why we are desensitized.  330m v 4.5m makes a difference.  

Auckland is a midsize city with about 1.5 million people in its metro area. There probably isn't a city that size in America that is anywhere close to as safe. Certainly not New Orleans. New Orleans is on par with Latin American cities. Crazily our cities get even worse when they get smaller as Jackson, Little Rock, and Shreveport are even worse than New Orleans. While big cities like NYC, LA, Dallas, and even Chicago, are safer on a per capita basis.

But really none of them are close to an Auckland, or even a Sydney, level of safety, notwithstanding spiders that can kill you in minutes. 

1 hour ago, El Diablo said:

Seems like I recall some German tourist being murdered in Miami some years back and that was a pretty big deal. Isn't that basically the same dealio here?

sim-u-lar yeah.......  It was a big deal, and a slap to the face to America, and the violence we seem to have a big cornerstone on, as a developed nation.

29 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

sim-u-lar yeah.......  It was a big deal, and a slap to the face to America, and the violence we seem to have a big cornerstone on, as a developed nation.

Well then it seems that NZ has not cornered the market on outrage over tourists getting murdered while on vacay. 'Murica!!

• Like 1

I met a couple of Kiwi's in Puerto Escondido some years ago. I was chatting up this cute, dread-locked chick with a weird accent in a bar by the beach, and suddenly this filthy, barefoot, shirtless guy with two missing front teeth chest bumbs/shoulder checks me and starts grunting and waving his beer around. He looked like what you would expect Bruce Banner to look like after a weekend bender as the Hulk. After some initial trepidation on my part, and bear hugging and beer spilling on his part, I learned from the cute chick that he was her twin brother, and he was just trying to be nice and make friends. His missing teeth were due to a surfing injury sustained  a few weeks before. What I mistakenly thought was a speech impediment was his hick Kiwi accent exacerbated by alcoholism and missing teeth.

Nice people, overall, just a little loose with the personal hygiene. Turns out, they had been sleeping in the back of a van they had bought in Guatemala, so I let them crash on the floor of the hovel I had rented for a few days.

One thing that really struck me was they had a weird immunity to mosquitoes. They never seem to get bitten.

Anyway, I never really got a chance to get an idea of how desensitized (or not) they were to violence.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, High Plains Drifter said:

I met a couple of Kiwi's in Puerto Escondido some years ago. I was chatting up this cute, dread-locked chick with a weird accent in a bar by the beach, and suddenly this filthy, barefoot, shirtless guy with two missing front teeth chest bumbs/shoulder checks me and starts grunting and waving his beer around. He looked like what you would expect Bruce Banner to look like after a weekend bender as the Hulk. After some initial trepidation on my part, and bear hugging and beer spilling on his part, I learned from the cute chick that he was her twin brother, and he was just trying to be nice and make friends. His missing teeth were due to a surfing injury sustained  a few weeks before. What I mistakenly thought was a speech impediment was his hick Kiwi accent exacerbated by alcoholism and missing teeth.

Nice people, overall, just a little loose with the personal hygiene. Turns out, they had been sleeping in the back of a van they had bought in Guatemala, so I let them crash on the floor of the hovel I had rented for a few days.

One thing that really struck me was they had a weird immunity to mosquitoes. They never seem to get bitten.

Anyway, I never really got a chance to get an idea of how desensitized (or not) they were to violence.

tl;dr

You didn't murder one of them.

1 hour ago, Dr. Beeper said:

Yes, everyone else is the problem. 

in this case, and many others along this bumpy ride of life, yes, it is often the majority who are in the wrong. i'm the one who started this thread. how can a group of people come in here and tell me what *my* point was? neon moon literally repeated the only point i made word for word in total agreement, but then decided on his own that there was some subtext to my point which he disagreed with. even after explicitly telling him, "this right here is the only point i'm making (the western world is desensitized to violent crime), a basic and unarguable point, he still said, "nah, you really meant A, B, C, and , and here's why you're wrong about that." okie dokie then.

furthermore, something that was clearly misinterpreted from my OP is the phrase "one person". if you look back at some of the responses, it's clear that several people, including neon moon, took that to mean that i thought that this was the first person killed in NZ, i dunno, this year? ever? i can't 100% speak to someone else's incorrect interpretation, but it's pretty clear that's what happened. here's my point when I say "one person":

here in america we have a mass shooting about every other week, and many of them don't even make a blip on the national news radar. so when the PRIME MINISTER, not some mayor from some town, THE PRIME MINISTER of an entire nation gets on the mic and cries, tearfully apologizing to the friends family and loved ones of the deceased, e pressing the sorrow and embarrassment that is felt by all of her countrymen. that makes a westerner like me go, "wow. this was over a single murdered tourist. the other day i read about an family who had massacred an entire rival family of theirs and  it didn't even register on a national scale." that's because, as neonmoon himself said, "americans are generally desensitized to violence", which AGAIN, is the only point i've ever made in this thread, AGAIN, a point that he himself greed with. why then he imagined up this scenario in his head where he served me by disproving some unspoken point that he imagines i made, i have no idea. why it was so important to him, and deej, and you, that i admit that he had disproven this unspoken point is also a total mystery. but hey, as long as more of you believe you're right than the one guy who actually started the thread, then who cares? o i've got the numbers, so that makes you right! right?

edit- i mean seriously, for christ's sake, as neon moon insisted on continuing to argue he said that he didn't see a difference in "some mayor from some town" and the leader of the fucking nation addressing this issue. that's absurd. so there's no difference in the mayor if pflugerville and the POTUS? If each of them do something there's no difference? each holds the same weight? yeah, get over yourself and your petty desire to "be right".

Edited by Goo Punch

and here's the bottom line. after i say to neon moon, "THIS right here is the only point I'm making", all any rational adult can say is, "ok well i agree with you there" and then move on. but nm says, "nope, you really meant A, B, C, and D, and i'm gonna price you wrong!" That's derka. 100% that is derka behavior. you agree with my point, you went so far as to repeat my point in agreement, but you were so determined to fight, to "win the argument", to be "proven right", that you just kept on going like an asshole. do not ever delude yourself into thinking that isn't 100% classic "derka'ing" of a thread. 

Edited by Goo Punch

On 12/11/2018 at 8:00 AM, Onboard 2.0 said:

God damn Derka you can't even respond to a reply on a post without being an asshole.

The question is either you're on your meds, you're off your meds or maybe you're just a rude asshole. Can you have a debate with a poster or posters without being a dick ? 

Oh yeah Skaka is a great coach (cue the volcanic explosion)

Fuck you onboard.   The next post you make that's worth reading will be the first.   

• Fuck You 1

20 hours ago, Goo Punch said:

no, you didn't, because you agreed with and repeated the point i was making word for word in the second sentence of your reply, only to then go off in your own tangential direction where you apparently believe you somehow refuted the point that you yourself made with the second sentence of your reply. "the US is desensitized to murder and violence in general." That was the only point, a point which you repeated yourself. forgive me if i don't see how you repeating my point somehow refuted my point in your mind. 

You spend a minute on a post then hours arguing with yourself about said post.  I've been to nz 3 times and never been killed.  You should go visit instead of staring at a message board all day.   You've probably never lived outside of Texas.   Big world out there youngin.

Edited by kibbles

1 hour ago, Jkwellborn said:

So we established that tourism is a major source of income for NZ. A tourist was murdered. The prime minister goes on tv crying and apologizing. Am I the only one that thinks it might be a little bit of a pr stunt to try to appease the people bringing in the money?

Costa Rica did the same thing basically when an American woman was murdered there recently. Although crime is starting to rise in CR, but is still really low by Central American standards.

5 hours ago, smuggs said:

flight_of_the_conchords_tiritiri_matangi

"A lot of New Zealanders come over here, and they come into my office. I give them reflective vests, a map, I tell them to stay away from large crowds by going through back alleys, yet almost every day a New Zealander is mugged!"

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Goo Punch said:

and here's the bottom line. after i say to neon moon, "THIS right here is the only point I'm making", all any rational adult can say is, "ok well i agree with you there" and then move on. but nm says, "nope, you really meant A, B, C, and D, and i'm gonna price you wrong!" That's derka. 100% that is derka behavior. you agree with my point, you went so far as to repeat my point in agreement, but you were so determined to fight, to "win the argument", to be "proven right", that you just kept on going like an asshole. do not ever delude yourself into thinking that isn't 100% classic "derka'ing" of a thread. 

Does the story you linked actually reflect the point that you're asserting? German tourist murdered in Miami was kinda a big deal, no?

• 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/12/2018 at 3:13 PM, High Plains Drifter said:

How is it possible that 3 years later and still nobody has asked you if you banged her?  Or if he banged you NTTIAWWT.