Donald Trump 2019

Francisco 2.0

13 hours ago, EuroHorn said:

Negged for dropping a turd into one of my favorite videos of all time as well as inaccuracy as to the state of Trump's legal jeopardy. Perhaps this would have been a more appropriate video to sample:

Photoshop Mueller Investigation over Kyle Field and have Trump's face over Sharp's.

Edited by RomaVicta
  • Like 1

Every night at work I'm with people who are being kept alive on ventilators, having suffered from complete flukes of chance—congenital blood vessel malformations in the brain rupturing, getting hit by cars, riding those fucking plague-like e-scooters without a helmet, clotting off their brain or heart with Big Macs, getting cancer that requires dangerous surgery, being shot at a strip club, etc., etc.—and this racist, queerphobic piece of shit that we call the President of the United States is still doing his thing.

So it goes. 

3 minutes ago, trauma babe said:

Every night at work I'm with people who are being kept alive on ventilators, having suffered from complete flukes of chance—congenital blood vessel malformations in the brain rupturing, getting hit by cars, riding those fucking plague-like e-scooters without a helmet, clotting off their brain or heart with Big Macs, getting cancer that requires dangerous surgery, being shot at a strip club, etc., etc.—and this racist, queerphobic piece of shit that we call the President of the United States is still doing his thing.

So it goes. 

Big Macs and scooters without helmets are a fluke of chance?

Just now, Johnny Sack said:

Big Macs and scooters without helmets are a fluke of chance?

Clots can be present for years before breaking off or actually occluding enough to finally cause the stroke/MI. In other cases, like the Dotard, they just stay put. That is chance. Thousands of people a day ride those scooters without helmets. Only a fraction end up in the ICU with head trauma. That is chance. What is the point of this nitpicking? Do you want me to go through the whole list of tragedies I'm covering right now to make sure they meet the semantic standards you hold? Maybe the kid who was skateboarding home from school WITH A HELMET who is only capable of lifting up his left arm to pull the oxygen off his tracheostomy? Does he pass your purity test? 

God, you're almost the worst. 

• Like 9

6 minutes ago, trauma babe said:

Clots can be present for years before breaking off or actually occluding enough to finally cause the stroke/MI. In other cases, like the Dotard, they just stay put. That is chance. Thousands of people a day ride those scooters without helmets. Only a fraction end up in the ICU with head trauma. That is chance. What is the point of this nitpicking? Do you want me to go through the whole list of tragedies I'm covering right now to make sure they meet the semantic standards you hold? Maybe the kid who was skateboarding home from school WITH A HELMET who is only capable of lifting up his left arm to pull the oxygen off his tracheostomy? Does he pass your purity test? 

He actually is the worst.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

What a stupid tweet. There’s nothing blacklist about that memo. Melissa Jo Peltier seems like she sucks. 

It's literally the executive issuing a directive to private businesses to put extra scrutiny on specific political opponents. 

Just now, Captainant said:

It's literally the executive issuing a directive to private businesses to put extra scrutiny on specific political opponents. 

Well it also runs afoul of the 1st amendment.

But did you not see that this was sent by the Director of Communications for DJT for President, Inc?  How dare you accuse Trump of issuing anything.  He is just a mindless innocent child whose only mistake is hiring bad people.  It isn't his fault that these bad people under his employ keep doing bad things on his behalf.

2 minutes ago, FondrenRoad said:

But did you not see that this was sent by the Director of Communications for DJT for President, Inc?  How dare you accuse Trump of issuing anything.  He is just a mindless innocent child whose only mistake is hiring bad people.  It isn't his fault that these bad people under his employ keep doing bad things on his behalf.

But, but, he's also simultaneously the smartest man with the best words who ever lived.  Who knows more about journalism than anyone else in the world.

3 minutes ago, FondrenRoad said:

Besides, this guy probably just gets the covfefe.

Edited by Chad Fuck
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, trauma babe said:

Yep he’s the worst. No matter what misfortune someone gets its always their own fault, at least in his roger stone pinhead brain. 

Karma is gonna be a real bitch to the sack soon.

1 hour ago, FondrenRoad said:

I don't think I'd go so far as to suggest or even imply that anything from a campaign organization, even one for an incumbent, carries the imprimatur of the elected office.  

So will we get a Trump bump in his approval thanks to the events of this weekend?

Approval ratings usually don't mean much, but if Trump is still hovering in the low 40s in a couple weeks, he's pretty much done.  If he can get in the upper 40s, then that would be yuge and all these 2020 Democrats will have a Herculean task ahead of them.

19 minutes ago, Message Board User said:

So will we get a Trump bump in his approval thanks to the events of this weekend?

Approval ratings usually don't mean much, but if Trump is still hovering in the low 40s in a couple weeks, he's pretty much done.  If he can get in the upper 40s, then that would be yuge and all these 2020 Democrats will have a Herculean task ahead of them.

Without the Wall and the Russia Investigation, I’m curious to see where Trump’s agenda goes outside of demonizing his political enemies and immigrants. 

I see a lot of golf and lawyers in his future.

1 hour ago, DDD Dad said:

I don't think I'd go so far as to suggest or even imply that anything from a campaign organization, even one for an incumbent, carries the imprimatur of the elected office.  

It wasn't a command.  It was a suggestion.  It didn't have to come from the Oval Office.  It was an offer they can't refuse.

9 minutes ago, GSU&UT said:

What are some serious arguments as to why PR isn't a state again? Because 51 is an odd number and we'd have to update all our flags or because you know they'd elect two Democrat senators?

The Puerto Ricans aren’t all in on the idea. Last I checked they were pretty divided on statehood.

4 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

The Puerto Ricans aren’t all in on the idea. Last I checked they were pretty divided on statehood.

Looking at the 2017 referendum, I guess a lot of them did sit out voting on it but I can't imagine statehood not being a more supported issue after the way they couldn't receive any proper aid after Maria.

4 minutes ago, GSU&UT said:

Looking at the 2017 referendum, I guess a lot of them did sit out voting on it but I can't imagine statehood not being a more supported issue after the way they couldn't receive any proper aid after Maria.

Because shitting on people typically encourages them to join you?

1 minute ago, Nope said:

Because shitting on people typically encourages them to join you?

You think an actual state would be treated as poorly as they were that has actual representation in congress? There's also the fact that since they aren't a US state they're getting hammered over their financial crisis because they cannot declare bankruptcy.

2 minutes ago, GSU&UT said:

You think an actual state would be treated as poorly as they were that has actual representation in congress? There's also the fact that since they aren't a US state they're getting hammered over their financial crisis because they cannot declare bankruptcy.

I get all of that, just strongly doubt PR citizens see it through that lens at this point.

Edited by Nope
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, GSU&UT said:

What makes you think Trump would authorize aid if PR were a state?

2 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

What makes you think Trump would authorize aid if PR were a state?

That wasn't my presumption, but it is stunning how poorly PR has been treated even before Trump took office. You don't think two senators affecting the makeup of the senate + however many house members having their voices heard wouldn't resonate with maybe a few more people?

1 hour ago, GSU&UT said:

What are some serious arguments as to why PR isn't a state again? Because 51 is an odd number and we'd have to update all our flags or because you know they'd elect two Democrat senators?

DC isn't a state either, even though more people live there than in Wyoming and Vermont. But it's Democrat so the Republicans deny them the right to vote.

1 hour ago, GSU&UT said:

That wasn't my presumption, but it is stunning how poorly PR has been treated even before Trump took office. You don't think two senators affecting the makeup of the senate + however many house members having their voices heard wouldn't resonate with maybe a few more people?

It would help . . . a bit.  I don't think it would make a material difference.

Puerto Rico is an amazing place.  I drove from San Juan around the eastern tip all the way along the southern coast to Ponce, then cut back across to San Juan.  The differences in infrastructure and standard of living along the way were jarring.  The southeastern coast looked like a ghetto just waiting for a hurricane, wheras Ponce and San Juan both had some really charming neighborhoods, both old world and modern.  The highway across the central spine connecting the two cities was as spotless as any US interstate.  The roads on that eastern tip might as well have been dirt.

I don't think we really care about Puerto Rico.  Trump is just taking that to new lows.