Donald Trump 2019

Francisco 2.0

The real problem here is that instead of covering our warships out of shame for naming them after known sing songing wanna be war criminals, it is only a narcissistic impulse from the broken personification of everything that is wrong with our electorate that brings such displays to heal.   

Edited by Anastasis

28 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

The real problem here is that instead of covering our warships out of shame for naming them after known sing songing wanna be war criminals, it is only a narcissistic impulse from the broken personification of everything that is wrong with our electorate that brings such displays to heal.   

Once again, you view current malfeasance through a lens of your own ideal construction.  Pro tip: we live in a world that is flawed, with imperfect laws and less than honorable people strewn across the political landscape.  You might actually want to deal with the symptoms now and again, instead of always just hammering on the underlying disease.  #bothsides

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, woohorn said:

Wasn't tarp Pic from some earlier maint? Hard to keep lies straight.

Yes, the pic is from earlier maintenance. But the command to hide the ship so not to upset Dear Leader was real.

35 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Once again, you view current malfeasance through a lens of your own ideal construction.  Pro tip: we live in a world that is flawed, with imperfect laws and less than honorable people strewn across the political landscape.  You might actually want to deal with the symptoms now and again, instead of always just hammering on the underlying disease.  #bothsides

Protip. It shouldn’t be this hard for a real liberal to say that John McCain is a piece of neocon shit. 

Guest Lobo

Wow.  You're really not gonna like when you learn about which Democrats coached up John McCain to become a neo-con.  I know you see the word "con" in there, but you're a child who doesn't understand who really inflated that movement in our country.  Don't get me wrong though...you're doing an outstanding job at the kid's table.  

3 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Wow.  You're really not gonna like when you learn about which Democrats coached up John McCain to become a neo-con.  I know you see the word "con" in there, but you're a child who doesn't understand who really inflated that movement in our country.  Don't get me wrong though...you're doing an outstanding job at the kid's table.  

Neocon foreign policy is the fault of liberals? Is that where you are going with this. Ok. Let’s go. 

4 hours ago, Message Board User said:

There's a good chance that most of those opposed don't really understand impeachment and are like the nice Fox News watching lady at Justin Amash's Town Hall who believed Barr's summary of the Mueller Report.

I mean yeah, you're not wrong, but fuck (this seems familiar). I appreciate you bulldoggedness and adherence to your morals, except that you seem to always gloss over the fact that you're okay with the most powerful person in the world being a petulant, ignorant child.

I just don't get it. You're too smart to be so dumb. You have an agenda. It's cleverly disguised, but you do.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Guest Lobo
24 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

No apparently, it’s a liberal position. 

Show me in my post where I blamed it on liberals.  There was talk of Democrats, which in the 1960's when the NeoCon movement came to fruition, was a party of more nuance than just liberalism.  Jeanne Kirkpatrick, Podheretz, and so many others whom were leftist Democrats founded the movement.  Or at least kick-started it.  Just because it was the word "conservative" in it doesn't mean it was Ford's idea.  

24 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

you seem to always gloss over the fact that you're okay with the most powerful person in the world being a petulant, ignorant child.

2 hours ago, Anastasis said:

it is only a narcissistic impulse from the broken personification of everything that is wrong with our electorate that brings such displays to heal.

I don't think that glosses over anything relevant to this particular situation. 

21 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Show me in my post where I blamed it on liberals.  There was talk of Democrats, which in the 1960's when the NeoCon movement came to fruition, was a party of more nuance than just liberalism. 

My bad.  Democrats are the real culprits behind neoconservative foreign policy.   

I don't think that glosses over anything relevant to this particular situation. 
It's my entire point. Somehow this electorate that you hate so much has stumbled into one of the best empires the world has ever seen for centuries, yet you blame them vs. possibly the biggest piece of human shit to ever hold power in multiple generations.
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, BradInATX said:

It's my entire point. Somehow this electorate that you hate so much has stumbled into one of the best empires the world has ever seen for centuries, yet you blame them vs. possibly the biggest piece of human shit to ever hold power in multiple generations.

What the fuck do you think that the electorate in 2019 has to do with the series of post war circumstances resulting in the late 20th century pax americana. 

1 minute ago, BradInATX said:
3 minutes ago, Anastasis said:
What the fuck do you think that the electorate in 2019 has to do with the series of post war circumstances resulting in the late 20th century pax americana. 

If we were that terrible, we wouldn't be around.

It's not that we are terrible, it is that we are just not honest with ourselves wrt what we really are. 

Guest Lobo
9 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

Nor did I say they were behind our current foreign policy.  Not all, not even most, but an incredibly influential portion of the original 1960's/1970's/first term Reagan NeoCon movement were Democrats.  Even left-of-moderate Democrats.  I know you like dropping the term "NeoCons" at parties to sound smarter than just those spouting off about "Conservatives"...but you would do well to know how the Democrats that colored the initial movement still affect it today.  Nobody is saying our current international quagmires are the fault exclusively of Democrats but you brought up the NeoCon movement, not me.  Know who helped start it and how they still influence what is going on today, however indirectly.  Otherwise, stick to vague terms you can get away with at your coffee shop.  

1 hour ago, Anastasis said:

Protip. It shouldn’t be this hard for a real liberal to say that John McCain is a piece of neocon shit. 

1 hour ago, Lobo said:

Wow.  You're really not gonna like when you learn about which Democrats coached up John McCain to become a neo-con.  I know you see the word "con" in there, but you're a child who doesn't understand who really inflated that movement in our country.

1 hour ago, Anastasis said:

No apparently, it’s a liberal position. 

58 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Show me in my post where I blamed it on liberals.  There was talk of Democrats...

33 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

20 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Nor did I say they were behind our current foreign policy.  Not all, not even most, but an incredibly influential portion of the original 1960's/1970's/first term Reagan NeoCon movement were Democrats.  Even left-of-moderate Democrats.  I know you like dropping the term "NeoCons" at parties to sound smarter than just those spouting off about "Conservatives"...but you would do well to know how the Democrats that colored the initial movement still affect it today.  Nobody is saying our current international quagmires are the fault exclusively of Democrats but you brought up the NeoCon movement, not me.  Know who helped start it and how they still influence what is going on today, however indirectly.  Otherwise, stick to vague terms you can get away with at your coffee shop.  

Feels like a discussion taking place last time I was around the high time high snack coffee shop. 

IMG-9133.jpg

Maybe London is back on the table again.

And I’m so hoping QE2 throws some subtle shade with her jewelry and wardrobe like she did last time.

I’m also so glad Meghan is on maternity leave and won’t be forced to interact with him especially as she’s the only American in the BRF and would most likely be expected to. Even though we’ll be deprived of seeing her in a tiara for the first time since the wedding.

(They only wear tiaras at official state functions and the RF has only hosted two since she’s been a duchess and they were out of the country both times.)

I do feel sorry that Harry has to attend and be polite to a man that just called his newly post partum wife nasty in an interview with The Fucking Sun (equivalent to The National Enquirer).

I suspect we won’t see anything like this -

195eeef80d418e37cde465b1d051d39b.jpg
767ad6f1707bc9edc45411e9097a162d.jpg
871d7af8caea2c9fb212ffeb3b231b3d.jpg
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Anastasis said:

So clearly you agree we should topple every single confederate statue and monument.  Right?  

5 hours ago, RPM said:

Yes, the pic is from earlier maintenance.

D71JMKHXsAEWGL_.jpg

White House requests USS McCain be hidden.  Tarp put up on Friday covers only the McCain name on the ship.  The very next day, base commanders ordered the tarp to be removed so all ships adhere to Navy regulations.

If there was "hull maintenance and preservation" going on that needed the tarp there in the first place, why wouldn't the base commanders understand the need to keep it there?  They didn't order the tarp to be removed because the maintenance was over, but instead to "adhere to Navy regulations".  Surely, Navy regulations allow a tarp to be put out if needed for "hull maintenance and preservation", and surely, "hull maintenance and preservation" that is severe enough to need a tarp put out to cover it would not be completed in one day?  (If it had been completed in one day, then the tarp would have been removed naturally in course, right? And not on the order of base commanders for a reason other than completion of the maintenance?)

This is just another bullshit back-fill excuse for a ridiculous act taken out to protect the fragile ego of our dumbmander-in-chief.  Some one (or more) in the Navy allowed the tarp to be put out to cover the McCain name, and then it got noticed higher and was ordered to be removed.  That's all.  "Hull maintenance" is BS.  That the tarp was removed before President Dumbass spoke is meaningless to the action already taken.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, TexLonghorn said:

D71JMKHXsAEWGL_.jpg

White House requests USS McCain be hidden.  Tarp put up on Friday covers only the McCain name on the ship.  The very next day, base commanders ordered the tarp to be removed so all ships adhere to Navy regulations.

If there was "hull maintenance and preservation" going on that needed the tarp there in the first place, why wouldn't the base commanders understand the need to keep it there?  They didn't order the tarp to be removed because the maintenance was over, but instead to "adhere to Navy regulations".  Surely, Navy regulations allow a tarp to be put out if needed for "hull maintenance and preservation", and surely, "hull maintenance and preservation" that is severe enough to need a tarp put out to cover it would not be completed in one day?  (If it had been completed in one day, then the tarp would have been removed naturally in course, right? And not on the order of base commanders for a reason other than completion of the maintenance?)

This is just another bullshit back-fill excuse for a ridiculous act taken out to protect the fragile ego of our dumbmander-in-chief.  Some one (or more) in the Navy allowed the tarp to be put out to cover the McCain name, and then it got noticed higher and was ordered to be removed.  That's all.  "Hull maintenance" is BS.  That the tarp was removed before President Dumbass spoke is meaningless to the action already taken.

I did my fair share of hull maintenance. We rarely if ever used a tarp. I'm hamstrung this weekend because my internet is down, but I thought the photos was from before the order. I could and probably am wrong.

One thing that I'm not wrong about is Trump is a draft dodging piece of shit snowflake and John McCain is living rent free in his head 24/7.

3 hours ago, BradInATX said:
4 hours ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Too many words. Someone needs to just call him a pussy.

Dems should hire you as their Frank Luntz. Seriously, they seem incapable of creating a simple three word phrase for his fuck ups. Bill Maher brought this up on his show a few weeks ago. He said the tariff issue should be called a "Trump Tax". Republicans are good at this - "Lock Her Up", "Death panels", "Obamacare". Dems do what Pete did in that video - put you to sleep.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, BradInATX said:
11 hours ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Too many words. Someone needs to just call him a pussy.

Apparently, all a person needs to do is hold a John McCain sign.  Every protest should hand out John McCain signs to rattle Der Grand Snowflake. 

• Like 3