Donald Trump 2019

Francisco 2.0

2 hours ago, Mo Horn said:

I'm guessing Fox will be putting out a lot of polls saying Trump is behind to motivate his base to get out and vote. Trump keeps saying it's fake and that will lead to folks staying home since his reelection is in the bag. Fox knows it isn't so they will do what they can to turn out voters. 

Fox would never say it, but Trump needed Hillary to win.  He knows it though - it's why he keeps bragging about beating her in the electoral, because it pisses him off to no end that she won the general.  He cannot let go the fact that Hillary had millions more voters.

Ironically, Trump needs somebody like AOC running to have a shot that this.  Hell, I have a couple of older relatives (60 and up) who voted for Trump, and have openly said they would have voted for Biden if he had ran instead of Hillary, and that they will vote for him next year.  The Hillary hatred was strong in 2016.

3 hours ago, henrygandorf said:

he really believes that most of the country believes every word that comes out of his mouth.

100% of Republicans do believe every word that comes out of his mouth, so he’s not all that far off.  

Edited by Jack Straw

3 hours ago, NWBuck said:

FWIW, I believe that photo is from Marion Indiana (not "the south" geographically, but certainly philosophically), which is home to one of the largest evangelical colleges in the country (and it was around then).

I also believe that photo is the "inspiration" for the amazing song "Strange Fruit" by Billie Holiday (and others)

Correct. Their names are Thomas Shipp and Abram Smith. There was a murder but they were also falsely accused of raping a white woman. That was always a good excuse for a lynching. You could buy that photo on a postcard to send to your friends and family. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Fozzz said:

The people have spoken - Trump should not be impeached.  

The poll was 50 for impeachment and 48 against. The people have spoken and they want him impeached.

43 percent want him removed from office after impeachment, 7 percent want him impeached and not removed.  Again the people have spoken, they want him removed from office.

he's very concerned about this whole "30 hours" thing.  calling it "fake news" is weird, because it's not news at all - just the title of the interview.

i care a lot about whether what he says is true or not, but i don't give a damn how long it took to film their interview.  i am now kinda interested why he's so fixated on it though.

This next year is going to be fascinating to watch and I can't wait till we have live debates. This is one of the few reasons why I like the fact that Pelosi has decided not to immediately push for impeachment but to approach it with the tactic of "death by 1000 paper cuts". We can watch Donald implode from within. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

Totally believable. 

Question for Trump supporters who are silently lurking on this thread: 

When a losing Trump says the 2020 election was RIGGED and he tries to stay in office, are you going to support his removal or no?  Because this is the course we're on. 

Edited by Hank Kingsley
  • Like 1

Just now, Red Five said:

Oh gee, the dotard has secret polling information that has him winning in every state... but we can't see it. This is starting to sound familiar. 

I have secret Tinder information that dozen of hot chicks want to suck my dick 

Oh gee, the dotard has secret polling information that has him winning in every state... but we can't see it. This is starting to sound familiar. 

I think it’s an another folded sheet of paper in his pocket, next to the secret totally awesome Mexico deal provision.
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Fozzz said:

The people have spoken - Trump should not be impeached.  

Based on a Fox News Poll where 48% say No, 43% Yes ?

That's without a proper education to the public about all the things he's done and continues to do that warrant it, above and beyond what Mueller found.

When a Dem presidential candidate like Tulsi Gabbard reveals her grasp and comprehension of the Mueller report doesn't even reach PAGE 2 ,  think of what the general public stands to learn ! 

That ratio will flip hard when Congressional investigations advance and get presented.

“The whole reason the Mueller investigation started was to investigate collusion,” she said in an interview between recent campaign stops in Manhattan. The special counsel “was very clear in his report that there was no evidence found that collusion took place.” But she is at pains to distinguish her reasoning from that of Speaker Nancy Pelosi, whose reticence about impeachment, Ms. Gabbard says, is rooted in partisan calculation: “That’s exactly what people are sick and tired of.” 

reject.

3 minutes ago, triplehorn said:

That's without a proper education to the public about all the things he's done and continues to do that warrant it, above and beyond what Mueller found.

When a Dem presidential candidate like Tulsi Gabbard reveals her grasp and comprehension of the Mueller report doesn't even reach PAGE 2 ,  think of what the general public stands to learn ! 

That ratio will flip hard when Congressional investigations advance and get presented.

reject.

The poll actually shows that 50% say yes, 48% say no.

34 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Question for Trump supporters who are silently lurking on this thread: 

When a losing Trump says the 2020 election was RIGGED and he tries to stay in office, are you going to support his removal or no?  Because this is the course we're on. 

such a good call.

"the results aren't correct, it's obvious.  all of our internal polls had us ahead in pretty much every state, even back 18 months, we never trailed, so the count is incorrect."

1 hour ago, triplehorn said:

reject.

Good lord.  Gabbard is worthless.

Is there any way we can get the moderator of the first debate to read that quote out loud to Tulsi? So she can be booed off the stage the rest of the night and out of the race by morning. 

Edited by Red Five
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Mojo Hand said:

The poll actually shows that 50% say yes, 48% say no.

Got it.  Despite that keyhole gap already indicating impeachment is past overdue, it stands to become a gaping difference in-favor-of when the House investigations and members coalesce. 

Without removal, the risk is impeaching too soon.  The longer this goes before formal initiation, the more comprehensive and complete the picture will be, and less time for a pre-election recovery to occur - for both Dotard and GOP Senate.  It's absolutely heading that direction.

6 minutes ago, triplehorn said:

Got it.  Despite that keyhole gap already indicating impeachment is past overdue, it stands to become a gaping difference in-favor-of when the House investigations and members coalesce. 

Without removal, the risk is impeaching too soon.  The longer this goes before formal initiation, the more comprehensive and complete the picture will be, and less time for a pre-election recovery to occur - for both Dotard and GOP Senate.  It's absolutely heading that direction.

Timing is everything.

Just now, henrygandorf said:

if you're pelosi, why not stretch it out and time it to where it never even gets to the senate?

That appears to be the plan.  However, Trump can do a lot of damage to the country as she stalls on impeachment.   Things like openly admit to crimes, message his plans to do more crimes, and commit more crimes.  

As a citizen, I prefer she just do her job and impeach him.  Let the Senate vote to not convict.  

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

That appears to be the plan.  However, Trump can do a lot of damage to the country as she stalls on impeachment.   Things like openly admit to crimes, message his plans to do more crimes, and commit more crimes.  

As a citizen, I prefer she just do her job and impeach him.  Let the Senate vote to not convict.  

There isn't going to be a trial in the Senate no matter what they do. No vote. No nothing. Mitch McConnell will ignore it.

Edited by David Dennison

4 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

he can and will continue to commit crimes while not under impeachment, while under impeachment, and likely while getting voted out of office, and especially after he loses.

stalling isn't the reason trump is committing crimes, and nothing will stop him at this point.  in fact, one could argue the inquiry/hearings will ramp up his crime spree, just as the mueller investigation did.

1 minute ago, David Dennison said:

There isn't going to be a trial in the Senate no matter what they do. No vote. No nothing. Mitch McConnell will ignore it.

not sure why you think this.  the senate vote will be the only part of the entire process the gop will actually enjoy.

2 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

I disagree. I think they'll just blow it off.

well that kinda ruins donald's plan of saying "well if i'm so guilty, how come i didn't get removed?  the dirty democrats failed coup once again!!1"

i mean, if it's after the election maybe you're right.  otherwise, you're not right.

1 minute ago, henrygandorf said:

well that kinda ruins donald's plan of saying "well if i'm so guilty, how come i didn't get removed?  the dirty democrats failed coup once again!!1"

i mean, if it's after the election maybe you're right.  otherwise, you're not right.

How would that ruin his plan? He'd still be in power and the Democrats would have still failed to remove him.

How would that ruin his plan? He'd still be in power and the Democrats would have still failed to remove him.

what you're saying makes next to no sense.  just voting on party lines (which gives them all cover) they'll vote 53-47 and it'll take a half hour.

that's like having a 15-0 lead and not coming out in the top of the 9th to get 3 quick outs to win the world series and dogpile.  you're suggesting the winning team stays in the dugout under some sort of made up protest.

blowing off the vote is the absolute stupidest thing mcconnell could do.

22 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

if you're pelosi, why not stretch it out and time it to where it never even gets to the senate?

Make McConnell own the betrayal of his duty under the Constitution. Let history record his treachery. Time the proceedings so his abdication of the responsibilities of his office is fresh on voters' minds when they head to the polls. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

what you're saying makes next to no sense.  just voting on party lines (which gives them all cover) they'll vote 53-47 and it'll take a half hour.

that's like having a 15-0 lead and not coming out in the top of the 9th to get 3 quick outs to win the world series and dogpile.  you're suggesting the winning team stays in the dugout under some sort of made up protest.

blowing off the vote is the absolute stupidest thing mcconnell could do.

Voting is the thing they like to do the least. None of them want to have a record on anything. If they don't have to vote, they won't.

Voting is the thing they like to do the least. None of them want to have a record on anything. If they don't have to vote, they won't.

this is the one vote they've been waiting for.  they think they're being noble and doing what's right.

they can't fucking wait to vote on this and give trump his talking point.

Just now, David Dennison said:

He'll have that talking point no matter what. And there won't be a recorded vote for incumbent Republicans to have to defend in a general election when they run in 2020.

except he won't.  i mean, he'll still be the president regardless, but what you're describing is the worst framing they could possibly give it.  he wants a victory, not a pretend forfeit.

and no senate republican will have to "defend" their vote, as long as they all vote not to convict - which they will.

3 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

except he won't.  i mean, he'll still be the president regardless, but what you're describing is the worst framing they could possibly give it.  he wants a victory, not a pretend forfeit.

and no senate republican will have to "defend" their vote, as long as they all vote not to convict - which they will.

We'll see. I think getting impeached and not removed is a political win no matter how it happens. 

They should still impeach him, though.

2 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

this is the one vote they've been waiting for.  they think they're being noble and doing what's right.

they can't fucking wait to vote on this and give trump his talking point.

That's why it favors them to get it on now, sooner the better.  The two-fer would be not convicting after impeachment proceedings, then pumping some chaos by bombing somebody to shift the collective consciousness, while still having time afterwards to attempt to organize for Nov 2020.

If the House lays it out non-stop from early to mid 2020 and doesn't let the GOP Senate have a say on removal, then GOP Senate are also the one's being judged in November.  Letting the GOP Senate weigh in on Trump's abuse of office and high crimes and misdemeanors allows them to remove themselves from their complicity on which Trump is entirely dependent to perpetrate said crimes and abuses.  ---> let the public be the judge of Trump and Congress simultaneously, and not the Senate GOP be the judge of Trump in isolation.

Just now, David Dennison said:

We'll see. I think getting impeached and not removed is a political win no matter how it happens. 

They should still impeach him, though.

we've already pretty much established that most of the country doesn't know how impeachment really works.

more than half the country thinks to "impeach" a president is to "remove" a president.  this is why polls about impeachment are confusing and pointless.

right now trump is basically begging to be impeached.  you know why?  because he knows the senate won't convict, which will look like a "victory" for him in the end (in his head).  it will look like "the dems tried their hardest and they failed, because i've done nothing wrong."  this narrative works on the american idiots, because, as i said, most people don't know what the word means.  as soon as the senate votes, then half the country will think "yeah, i guess they were wrong, because the impeachment failed because he's still president, just like he told us the whole time."

trump is counting on that.  he's counting on the confused unwashed masses that voted for him before, and will likely vote for him again.  like that woman in minnesota who had no idea there was anything negative in the mueller report.  this is what he needs.  and this is what he gets once the senate votes - which will be televised for all to see, and then trump will tweet about it until his thumbs bleed.

holding the hearings then having the senate blow off the vote is ridiculous, even to consider for them.

if anything, the house will do that little house vote slight of hand maneuver where it never even goes to the senate for a vote.  either that, or they'll hold hearings up until election day.

*note - i'm not saying they'll definitely start official impeachment proceedings, but if they get thru to the end, the senate will 100% vote on it at the earliest possible second and make it seem like a pointless formality.  count on it.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

This is nuts.

he says he wants to make america great again.  turns out, he's made it to where america isn't even america anymore.

-unchecked authoritarian/king-like leader

-changing the laws when he feels like it

-feels that laws don't apply to him, does what he wants

-instructs all his people to ignore any type of inquiry

-has soldiers (mcconnell) stonewalling everything possible

-lies about absolutely everything

-has made repeated remarks about extending his own reign past the point of law (when he hasn't even been reelected yet)

-fires his people on a whim if they don't fall in line and agree with everything he says

-attempted to fire people appointed to investigate him (still is trying to)

-changes border laws; locks kids in cages

-sides with other dictators against his own govt entities/intelligence community

-publicly threatens people/countries daily

-publicly threatens/belittles leaders from other parties

-publicly threatens the free press

-repeatedly calls the press the enemy of the people

(i'm sure there are more, feel free to add to the list)

does this sound like america to you?

• Like 7