Donald Trump 2019

Francisco 2.0

1 hour ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

Keep floating those trial balloons, and soon, we will have Team R in full approval.  Gary Johnson voters must be so proud.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-says-supporters-might-demand-that-he-serve-more-than-two-terms-as-president/2019/06/16/4b6b9ae2-9041-11e9-b570-6416efdc0803_story.html?utm_term=.38b8321d7b43

Hide contents

Trump last month floated the notion of being given two bonus years as president to make up for the time former special counsel Robert S. Mueller III spent on his investigation into Russian interference in the 2016 campaign. The president shared a tweet in which Liberty University President Jerry Falwell Jr. declared, “Trump should have 2 yrs added to his 1st term as pay back for time stolen by this corrupt failed coup.”

Last year, Trump also joked about doing away with term limits in a speech to Republican donors at his Mar-a-Lago estate in which he praised Chinese President Xi Jinping for doing so in China.

“He’s now president for life. President for life. No, he’s great,” Trump said, according to CNN. “And look, he was able to do that. I think it’s great. Maybe we’ll have to give that a shot some day.”

Does this motherfucker know how long a term is? He says he might stay for 10 or 14 years? Planning to resign mid term?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

The sad thing is that all adversaries will now be emboldened because they will realize how weak Trump's position is.  Nobody believes him. I don't think even his supporters think he's honest. 

You must not have talked to many of them.  I worked with a guy who recently challenged me to name one thing he has ever lied about.

This is not getting enough attention.  He is openly planting the seeds that he should be in office longer than 8 years should he be re-elected.  This is dangerous on the off-chance he is re-elected and very easily leads to a refusal to leave office if he does lose.

Every day I think we hit rock bottom and then this mother fucker breaks out a jackhammer and breaks through to another level.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Fozzz said:

You think I’m right wing?  Why? 

I’m just a long time lurker, but I am perplexed by trying to decipher what Fozz’s philosophy is.  

To me, his position statements are riddles.  Say what you mean and be less mysterious.  I don’t think of myself as dense, but the posts leave me wondering why you can’t be more direct.   When someone like 4th and 5 (or me) states that they don’t know how you lean (left, right, libertarian, film noire), it’s not because they are trying to insult - we just don’t follow.

The only thing I can say for sure is that he doesn’t like FISA warrants.  When it comes to FISA warrants, he is like Randolph Duke vs Aggy.   

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Disco Strangler said:

I’m just a long time lurker, but I am perplexed by trying to decipher what Fozz’s philosophy is.  

To me, his position statements are riddles.  Say what you mean and be less mysterious.  I don’t think of myself as dense, but the posts leave me wondering why you can’t be more direct.   When someone like 4th and 5 (or me) states that they don’t know how you lean (left, right, libertarian, film noire), it’s not because they are trying to insult - we just don’t follow.

The only thing I can say for sure is that he doesn’t like FISA warrants.  When it comes to FISA warrants, he is like Randolph Duke vs Aggy.   

Fozzz is DSA and his philosophy is whatever is good for Putin. 

1 hour ago, TexEx15 said:

This is not getting enough attention.  He is openly planting the seeds that he should be in office longer than 8 years should he be re-elected.  This is dangerous on the off-chance he is re-elected and very easily leads to a refusal to leave office if he does lose.

Every day I think we hit rock bottom and then this mother fucker breaks out a jackhammer and breaks through to another level.

He's done it a few times before and it gets zero opposition traction.  People have become unfazed by his ramblings.  It's just Trump being Trump.  Nobody takes it seriously.  Until it's time to actually take it seriously.  Same thing with his claims that he won't leave the White House if he loses the election in 2020 because he knows the election was fixed.

On 6/15/2019 at 11:01 AM, Hugo Stiglitz said:

So the current theory on why someone in the government decided to leak this to the press is to let the public know when and if Trump decides to shut it down.  

Two administration officials said they believed Mr. Trump had not been briefed in any detail about the steps to place “implants” — software code that can be used for surveillance or attack — inside the Russian grid.

Pentagon and intelligence officials described broad hesitation to go into detail with Mr. Trump about operations against Russia for concern over his reaction — and the possibility that he might countermand it or discuss it with foreign officials, as he did in 2017 when he mentioned a sensitive operation in Syria to the Russian foreign minister.

Because the new law defines the actions in cyberspace as akin to traditional military activity on the ground, in the air or at sea, no such briefing would be necessary, they added.

The intent of the operations was described in different ways by several current and former national security officials. Some called it “signaling” Russia, a sort of digital shot across the bow. Others said the moves were intended to position the United States to respond if Mr. Putin became more aggressive.

ok, so they no longer brief trump, because he cannot be trusted to keep a secret, even from (and especially from) hostile foreign entities.  we now know this.  so here's my question.  isn't sharing that type of information a crime, regardless of who does it?

i mean, at this point i know it's just like, sure throw it on the pile, but isn't it kind of a big deal?

51 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

ok, so they no longer brief trump, because he cannot be trusted to keep a secret, even from (and especially from) hostile foreign entities.  we now know this.  so here's my question.  isn't sharing that type of information a crime, regardless of who does it?

i mean, at this point i know it's just like, sure throw it on the pile, but isn't it kind of a big deal?

POTUS can declassify anything at anytime. 

8 hours ago, Jive Turkey said:

He's done it a few times before and it gets zero opposition traction.  People have become unfazed by his ramblings.  It's just Trump being Trump.  Nobody takes it seriously.  Until it's time to actually take it seriously.  

And by then it will be too late, if it’s not already.  Which it probably is.  

16 hours ago, Grade of D as in David said:

Does this motherfucker know how long a term is? He says he might stay for 10 or 14 years? Planning to resign mid term?

A lot of people are telling me I can serve as many terms as I want. Now I'm not saying this, but many people are. This giant of a man with arms covered in tattoos, beautiful tattoos, the best tattoos, comes up to me and says what an amazing job I am doing making America great again. He says I should be appointed president for life. I hear this all the time from many people. The fake news won't report it. The failing New York Times won't report it and it's why that awful paper is going out of business.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, henrygandorf said:

It's a "high crime."  But it's not a crime, defined in the United States Code.  The president can legally declassify any information he wants to.

“I was told by multiple people when I came aboard to never cough or sneeze while in the presence of Trump. He thinks it’s a sign of weakness and lack of control. Nobody ever recovers.”

Bullshit, he doesn't like it first and foremost because it distracts attention from himself.  And he may be a germaphobe.  He's the most narcissistic person on the planet and can't stand to have undivided attention.

Edited by Judge Roybeanbag

8 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

Fake poll out of UT/TT shows even worse for trump than his internal that was leaked.  He’s 50-50 in Texas now. 

https://www.texastribune.org/2019/06/17/trump-reelection-50-50-biden-orourke-lead-democrats-ut-tt-poll/

Edited by SuingToGetAMessageBoard?

2 minutes ago, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

Fake poll out of UT/TT shows even worse for trump than his internal that was leaked.  He’s 50-50 in Texas now. 

https://www.texastribune.org/2019/06/17/trump-reelection-50-50-biden-orourke-lead-democrats-ut-tt-poll/

Good lord...50/50 in Texas is an embarrassment to Texans.