Donald Trump 2019

Francisco 2.0

Six months ago, we were told Trump was being investigated for being a Russian asset/agent.  We haven’t heard any developments on that front.  Yesterday we found out Russia related intelligence information is being withheld from Trump for fear of compromised president.

• Like 1

From the NYT article:

D9Hl_cEXoAEU82X?format=jpg&name=small

“...as he did in 2017 when he mentioned a sensitive operation in Syria to the Russian foreign minister.”

That would be Lavrov, the same Lavrov with whom Pompeo met - along with Putin in person - one month ago at a Russian Black Sea resort town.

The timing of this NYT story of Pentagon and IC fearing military betrayal by Trump is notable in that it’s coming days after a potential Trump wag with Iran and  Pompeo taking the lead in making public reports with certitude about Iran being the culprit.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

I have less respect for "smart" people who support Trump than the mouth-breathers.  Mouth-breathers are, well, morons.  Smart people should know better.  If you're intelligent and vote/support Trump, you are a true piece of shit, imo.   No fucking excuse. 

Why would you expect wealthy people not to pursue their class interests? 

How do the surly trumpkins feel about these actions by their leader / comrade  ?
how long can you keep your head in the sand about trump being a little friendly with the Russians ?

Hey, he didn’t bow and apologize!

24 minutes ago, triplehorn said:

From the NYT article:

“...as he did in 2017 when he mentioned a sensitive operation in Syria to the Russian foreign minister.”

That would be Lavrov, the same Lavrov with whom Pompeo met - along with Putin in person - one month ago at a Russian Black Sea resort town.

The timing of this NYT story of Pentagon and IC fearing military betrayal by Trump is notable in that it’s coming days after a potential Trump wag with Iran and  Pompeo taking the lead in making public reports with certitude about Iran being the culprit.

He should countermand that operation because we shouldn’t be doing that in the first place. 

22 minutes ago, Red Five said:

We seem to be skipping over his little hint about staying in office past two terms. He likes to drop those every now and then. 

We could say it daily but just imagine if Obama said he might stay after his term. 

12 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

We could say it daily but just imagine if Obama said he might stay after his term. 

Obama merely made a metaphor about a civilian national security force and for years it was "Obama is making his own private army to crush us all!!!" 

13 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

From Lincoln to Trump: The Rise and Fall of the Republican Party. 

Having, at last, completed the great book, A Team of Rivals, I've become a more-informed and ardent admirer of Lincoln. You are so right.

That was a man not a mere icon. Trump is the very opposite: a non-man striving to become an icon that is wholly dishonest and, to use his favorite word of projection, fake.

He's sort of the adult-aged Michael Jackson of politics without the talent. The whole world can view him for just a few moments and tell something is way off. The more you learn the worse it looks, but people deny their eyes and won't believe the worst might be true. They are invested in their love for the character more than their responsibilities as citizen or decent person.

Blind, unquestioning faith? Maybe that explains the psuedo-Christian avid support.

Or maybe it's just another manifestation of Idiot World.

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, Mojo Hand said:

Obama merely made a metaphor about a civilian national security force and for years it was "Obama is making his own private army to crush us all!!!" 

And Jade Helm!!!!!!   The fucking governor of our state called  the Texas State guard over it. Clowns. 

He's sort of the adult-aged Michael Jackson of politics without the talent.
Or maybe it's just another manifestation of Idiot World.

Trump, in every sense of the word, is the original Kardashian.

A manifestation of no talent hacks yet somehow able to just infest a significant part of the population.
  • Like 2

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/06/16/donald-trump-abc-news-interview-1365853

While denying he ever had any such plans, the president also argued that firing Mueller would not have amounted to obstruction (but denied he ever had any such plans). Former White House Counsel Don McGahn has testified that Trump wanted to fire Mueller, which Trump disputed during the interview.

"A president can't obstruct justice?" Stephanopoulos asked.

"A president can run the country," Trump responded. "And that's what happened, George. I run the country."

Reflecting the famous 1977 interviews between David Frost and former President Richard Nixon, Stephanopoulos asked the president "When the president does it, it's not illegal?"

Trump replied that Article II is "very strong. Read it."

55 minutes ago, Fozzz said:

Why would you expect wealthy people not to pursue their class interests? 

At any cost?

Sure they jail children and let some of them die, but my class is doing better, so it's fine.

A war sure kills a lot of people, but I don't know them and their not of my class. You should see my Halliburton returns and the contract I have for my little start-up to rebuild bombed schools is making me a fortune!

Will the national debt maybe destroy the value of the US dollar? Who cares? My class has their money is foreign currency and real estate, we'll never go broke. Hell, we'll buy everything up during the next depression! We all win!

I suppose your point is that it's foolish to think that wealthy people have any morals or regard for people outside of their class. Some actually do.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, triplehorn said:

From the NYT article:

So the IC is hiding intel from the president because he's a loud mouth traitor....is this what they meant by MAGA?

I can't imagine the belly laughs coming out of Moscow while reading this embarrassing story. WATTBA.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tx 3 putt said:

How do the surly trumpkins feel about these actions by their leader / comrade  ?

how long can you keep your head in the sand about trump being a little friendly with the Russians ?

I'm surprised you don't see them in here as much defending their Dear Leader.

This being a Texas-based website and probably predominately white males, I'd guesstimate that at least 60% of Surly users voted for this clown, yet there are very few defenders of him in here.

7 minutes ago, Bruh Man said:

I'm surprised you don't see them in here as much defending their Dear Leader.

This being a Texas-based website and probably predominately white males, I'd guesstimate that at least 60% of Surly users voted for this clown, yet there are very few defenders of him in here.

It's a Texas-based website, but also one based around a world-class university.  So there are fewer of the poorly educated people here that Trump loves, like high-school dropouts and aggies.  But you are right that the exceptions are generally silent these days. 

Edited by Mojo Hand
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Mojo Hand said:

Well duh... That was the Gestapo In Bastropo. 

Edited by Continental Op
I can't type

I thought the polls and the reporting on this was fake.  The President told me so.  He wouldn't lie to me, right?

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/meet-the-press/trump-campaign-cutting-ties-pollsters-after-internal-numbers-leaked-n1017991

President Donald Trump’s re-election campaign is cutting ties with some of its own pollsters after leaked internal polling showed the president trailing former Vice President Joe Biden in critical 2020 battleground states, according to a person close to the campaign.

The move comes after NBC News obtained new details from a March internal poll that found Trump trailing Biden in 11 key states.

Portions of the campaign’s expansive March polling trickled out in recent days in other news reports.

But a person familiar with the inner workings of the Trump campaign shared more details of the data with NBC News, showing the president trailing across swing states seen as essential to his path to re-election and in Democratic-leaning states where Republicans have looked to gain traction. The polls also show Trump underperforming in reliably red states that haven’t been competitive for decades in presidential elections.

Portions of the internal Trump polling data were first reported by ABC News and The New York Times. The Times reported earlier this month that the internal polling found Trump trailing across a number of key states, while ABC News obtained data showing Trump trailing Biden in Pennsylvania, Wisconsin and Florida and holding a small lead in Texas.

The president denied the existence of any negative polling during comments last week in the Oval Office, saying his campaign has “great internal polling” and saying the numbers reported were from “fake polls.”

“We are winning in every single state that we've polled. We're winning in Texas very big. We're winning in Ohio very big. We're winning in Florida very big,” he said.

Keep floating those trial balloons, and soon, we will have Team R in full approval.  Gary Johnson voters must be so proud.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-says-supporters-might-demand-that-he-serve-more-than-two-terms-as-president/2019/06/16/4b6b9ae2-9041-11e9-b570-6416efdc0803_story.html?utm_term=.38b8321d7b43

President Trump on Sunday floated the possibility of staying in office longer than two terms, suggesting in a morning tweet that his supporters might “demand that I stay longer.”

The president, who will kick off his reelection campaign on Tuesday with an event in Orlando, has previously joked about serving more than two terms, including at an event in April, when he told a crowd that he might remain in the Oval Office “at least for 10 or 14 years.”

The 22nd Amendment of the Constitution limits the presidency to two terms.

In tweets Sunday morning, Trump also voiced dissatisfaction with recent news coverage of his administration, calling both The Washington Post and the New York Times “the Enemy of the People.”

He added: “The good news is that at the end of 6 years, after America has been made GREAT again and I leave the beautiful White House (do you think the people would demand that I stay longer? KEEP AMERICA GREAT), both of these horrible papers will quickly go out of business & be forever gone!”

Spoiler

Trump last month floated the notion of being given two bonus years as president to make up for the time former special counsel Robert S. Mueller III spent on his investigation into Russian interference in the 2016 campaign. The president shared a tweet in which Liberty University President Jerry Falwell Jr. declared, “Trump should have 2 yrs added to his 1st term as pay back for time stolen by this corrupt failed coup.”

Last year, Trump also joked about doing away with term limits in a speech to Republican donors at his Mar-a-Lago estate in which he praised Chinese President Xi Jinping for doing so in China.

“He’s now president for life. President for life. No, he’s great,” Trump said, according to CNN. “And look, he was able to do that. I think it’s great. Maybe we’ll have to give that a shot some day.”