Donald Trump 2019

Francisco 2.0

12 minutes ago, Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand said:

- Adult responsible for kidnapping children from their parents seeking asylum having some Father's Day thoughts

That's a good point.  Implied in that statement is "and I don't deserve this kind of shabby treatment."  I'm not sure I agree with your premise there, Don.

1 hour ago, 4th&Five said:

I love when Trump is obviously workshopping a new nickname to see if it will stick.  Genuinely curious as to how these come about.  Are there daily meetings where people brainstorm insults and put sticky notes on a giant white board and then Trump narrows them down?  Is there a team tasked with researching references from 20-40 years ago to present to Trump?  Does Trump just think of them on the spot while taking a shit?  America 2019.

9 hours ago, Gil Bang said:

POTUS can declassify anything at anytime. 

got it.

so how does that work?  can he just say anything at any time and once he does, that info becomes declassified?  or is there some sort of process, so that people aren't caught by surprise?

6 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

can he just say anything at any time and once he does, that info becomes declassified?

Yes.  This was the spin of why his leak to the Russians in the Oval Office didn’t get enough attention but it’s also why we found out about the leak.  The information was no longer classified. 

Related...

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

$20 says somebody shows that to Trump and he says something truly insightful, indicative of his impressive grasp of history, "Oh yeah, well Germany built a wall to keep out immigrants.  So who are they to point fingers?""  

7 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

got it.

so how does that work?  can he just say anything at any time and once he does, that info becomes declassified?  or is there some sort of process, so that people aren't caught by surprise?

He can declassify anything on a whim. Just blurt it out without warning. 

13 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

got it.

There are administrative processes that are meant to be followed but they don't bind the President.

Those slaves people used to own never knew what it was like to be so mistreated. 

Wow. Honestly I've become numb to much of his dipshitery, but this is such a shockingly ignorant, whiny, downright stupid statement. It is so sad that a leader of this nation could even think about saying that. And he and his ilk will call their opponents snowflakes with a straight face. Unbelievable.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

15 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

Wow. Honestly I've become numb to much of his dipshitery, but this is such a shockingly ignorant, whiny, downright stupid statement. It is so sad that a leader of this nation could even think about saying that. And he and his ilk will call their opponents snowflakes with a straight face. Unbelievable.

it's amazing to see someone try so hard to play the victim, while at the same time be so fucking arrogant and out-of-touch.

he really believes that most of the country believes every word that comes out of his mouth.

4 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

The poll numbers are interesting but I still think trump receives many votes where the voter is embarrassed or unwilling to truthfully answer in a survey. 

possibly, though not like 2016.

i also think these polls skew towards the olds (people who answer landlines and talk to pollsters) which should only boost his numbers.

there are way too many different types of polls coming from different sources and the numbers are all strikingly similar.  that's not a coincidence.

1 minute ago, henrygandorf said:

possibly, though not like 2016.

i also think these polls skew towards the olds (people who answer landlines and talk to pollsters) which should only boost his numbers.

there are way too many different types of polls coming from different sources and the numbers are all strikingly similar.  that's not a coincidence.

I don’t disagree but I think we’re so far from the election that theses polls are nothing more than interesting. I get the campaigns have to operate with some data but elections are a long way off. 

19 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I don’t disagree but I think we’re so far from the election that theses polls are nothing more than interesting. I get the campaigns have to operate with some data but elections are a long way off. 

do you think he's going to get more presidential in the next 17 months?

23 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Unless Joe Biden is the nominee, I think Trump gets annihilated in 2020 and here’s why:  

Trump wasn’t just a Republican running in 2016, he was a political movement that wasn’t based in any rigid ideology.  A movement so strong it turned the GOP inside out.  His movement is already dying, at the very least it isn’t growing.  

There is nothing left for his followers to want except for Trump to retain power.   That isn’t going to resonate outside his cult following because people have real life and death issues they need addressed.  Trump preyed on that vulnerability because a Trump presidency meant anything was possible.  

A section of Trump’s base is actually up for grabs in 2020.  You just need a real inspiring movement that resonates to capture it.   That’s why I argue Joe Biden is Trump’s best bet at re-election because he is not a movement.  Biden is the distant shadow of the 2008 Obama movement.  People want something new.  

Moreover, Biden’s early poll numbers are so strong, it is going to take a 2008 Obama like movement to overtake him.  If that happens, Trump is turbo fucked IMO.  

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

1 hour ago, Bama Chick said:

Ha! Someone is going to get their feelings hurt about this.

"The failing Nielsen Ratings are putting out fake news to make YOUR FAVORITE PRESIDENT look bad. They are traitorous and an enemy of the people!"

Edited by UpperWestside

52 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

The poll numbers are interesting but I still think trump receives many votes where the voter is embarrassed or unwilling to truthfully answer in a survey. 

The only true poll is Rasmussen....

Who got into a twitter fight with Nate Silver this weekend.  Very big brain and professional organization.

Rasmussen had the GOP winning the 2018 House vote by 1.  They lost it by 8.  Very smart and real polling. 

Maybe so, but at the end of the day, remember national polls, which is primarily what we have now, were fairly accurate in 2016. Hillary Clinton won by 2-3 percentage points, which is not far off from polling. Of course, they're also not the be all end all, and don't give us much in a close election. State level polls obviously missed something in PA, MI, and WI in 2016. That said, an environment where national polls are showing top D candidates 6-10 points ahead indicates a much stronger national trend than existed in 2016, which does extrapolate to state level to some degree.

3 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

For example:

Related image

Looking at that fucking shameful picture closely. That asshole on the left with the shit-eating grin on his face. Look at that bullshit. Two men directly behind him were killed by hanging and he is fucking smiling. I can only hope that piece of shit was hit by a bus, survived it and was later killed in a woodchopper. Jesus our history has so many terrifyingly horrific events in it. 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Chuckie Finster said:

I love when Trump is obviously workshopping a new nickname to see if it will stick.  Genuinely curious as to how these come about.  Are there daily meetings where people brainstorm insults and put sticky notes on a giant white board and then Trump narrows them down?  Is there a team tasked with researching references from 20-40 years ago to present to Trump?  Does Trump just think of them on the spot while taking a shit?  America 2019.

Pretty much the last part. 

1 hour ago, gmr548 said:

it is surprising sometimes that his fan base does not see it this way.  so much of his appeal to them is because he's a manly man.  but he spends all his time whining about how mean everyone is and no one will play with him.

2 minutes ago, UpperWestside said:

Looking at that fucking shameful picture closely. That asshole on the left with the shit-eating grin on his face. Look at that bullshit. Two men directly behind him were killed by hanging and he is fucking smiling. I can only hope that piece of shit was hit by a bus, survived it and was later killed in a woodchopper. Jesus our history has so many terrifyingly horrific events in it. 

His hot girlfriend in the foreground seems a little turned on, too.

The thing about these kind of photos is how they reveal the mindset of the perpetrators.  They have no empathy, no sympathy, no regard whatsoever for the deceased.  If that were a couple of bird dogs hanging by their necks I'm pretty sure they wouldn't be smiling.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

Foxnews polls now showing trump trailing in many key states.

more fake news ?

I'm guessing Fox will be putting out a lot of polls saying Trump is behind to motivate his base to get out and vote. Trump keeps saying it's fake and that will lead to folks staying home since his reelection is in the bag. Fox knows it isn't so they will do what they can to turn out voters. 

4 hours ago, Chuckie Finster said:

Rush undoubtedly helps him. Nervous Nancy sounds like Limbaugh. Similar to Dingy Harry.

15 minutes ago, UpperWestside said:

Their children (age-group) are currently running out country. Their grandchildren, are the next generation of leaders. For anybody that claims racism is dead. 

4 minutes ago, Mo Horn said:

I'm guessing Fox will be putting out a lot of polls saying Trump is behind to motivate his base to get out and vote. Trump keeps saying it's fake and that will lead to folks staying home since his reelection is in the bag. Fox knows it isn't so they will do what they can to turn out voters. 

Fox News, the channel, and Fox News, the polling outfit, are very different. 

21 minutes ago, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

it is surprising sometimes that his fan base does not see it this way.  so much of his appeal to them is because he's a manly man.  but he spends all his time whining about how mean everyone is and no one will play with him.

claims everything bad happening to him is because the left is whining about the 2016 election results because the left is all whiny losers.

then spends 2.5 years whining about everything not nailed down.

27 minutes ago, UpperWestside said:

FWIW, I believe that photo is from Marion Indiana (not "the south" geographically, but certainly philosophically), which is home to one of the largest evangelical colleges in the country (and it was around then).

I also believe that photo is the "inspiration" for the amazing song "Strange Fruit" by Billie Holiday (and others)

• Like 3

meh, for me it’s the white women. say what you want about while males, but testosterone is a hell of a drug.

took me a second to realize that for every racist married white dude, there’s a white women behind him sucking his dick cause she doesn’t want her daughter getting dicked down by a brotha or MS13. I don’t know how much hate/fear/vitriol/racism is needed to overcome a woman’s instinct to nurture - but apparently it ain’t much for white women. and these fuckers vote.

how a woman can vote for a dude that straight up advocates for the deaths of month-old kids that have been ripped away from their mother with his policies - I still can’t even comprehend it.

I wholeheartedly believe the future is female (Warren/Beto is my preferred ticket and I thank god everyday that Warren is Native American and that Beto is Mexican), but white women will be America’s downfall.

there’s a post somewhere that has Dotard on camera/tweeting that he has the support of the majority of female voters. someone corrected him by saying that the poll he referenced was just for white women.

I think it was more of a Freudian-slip. He knows if he wins the majority of white women, 2020 is in the bag.

hence our downfall.

#MAGA

Trump:  "...we’ve signed a 107 judges since I’m in, and I’ll get a 145 plus two supreme court judges which we already have and the numbers should be quite a bit higher than that. Ultimately, the judges will go, I inherited almost 145 judges, which is shocking. But they couldn’t get them through or something happened at the last two or three years of the Obama administration where he was not getting judges. I’m not talking about Supreme Court judges, which happened also with Merrick Garland. I’m talking about regular judges and court of appeal judges, federal judges, but I had 145, that’s a shocking number."

Yeah, something must have happened at the last two or three years of the Obama administration where he was not getting judges...  I sure wish any of us could remember what that was...