Blake Gideon

ImGolfn

1 hour ago, Helobious said:

I think Gideon was a lot better than Haines, but at least Haines had a knack for getting picks.

Yeah Haines was our program in its most decadent days. But yeah he is, amazingly, one of our career interception leaders. Michael Huff has nothing on Dylan Haines when it comes to interceptions.

57 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

this thread already delivers.

craig curry lived long enough to see vindication.

so did bartman.

unfortunately, unless the tceh regents bring the pirate back, i think gideon goes to his grave without total consciousness.

LJH exorcised some of the Demons in Lubbock....

"With 21 seconds left, Longhorns quarterback Sam Ehlinger flung a jump ball up to Lil’Jordan Humphrey, who caught it through tight coverage on the exact same sideline Crabtree had tiptoed a decade ago and muscled his way to a 29-yard touchdown that helped Texas squeak out a 41–34 victory."

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

LJH exorcised some of the Demons in Lubbock....

"With 21 seconds left, Longhorns quarterback Sam Ehlinger flung a jump ball up to Lil’Jordan Humphrey, who caught it through tight coverage on the exact same sideline Crabtree had tiptoed a decade ago and muscled his way to a 29-yard touchdown that helped Texas squeak out a 41–34 victory."

That game meant nowhere near as much as the Crabtree one. The plays were just similar.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Valmy77 said:

Promoted to Coach on the Sideline.

Good luck Blake. I always respected how he moved on from that...night that will not be named.

I will never forget I was at a Halloween party on that terrible night, and when that play happened the amount of depression that filled the room from all the horn fans was equal to the celebrating and cheering of the aggys. What an emotional beating. 

6 hours ago, Helobious said:

That game meant nowhere near as much as the Crabtree one. The plays were just similar.

this.  tceh would have to be undefeated for a t+1 game in labuttocks, and then lose to us again at the deathstar, the following weekend, and in fact it is entirely possible there will never be a comparable situation.

i also blame art briles.  with less than a minute left, in the last game of the 08 regular season, in lubbock, on 4th and 5, he sent rg3 straight in to the tech line, straight up the middle.  i still to this day think briles fucked us on purpose at the end of that game.  baylor finishes the comeback, and they were going to, before the idiotic 4th and 5 call, beats tceh, and there is no 3-way tie, there is no shit-eating switzer, and we annihilate tebow.

4 minutes ago, CooterBrown said:

Our old babysitter ran track at Texas at that time so she knew a ton of football players. She was hanging out with friends and Gideon was there. She said he was a pretty entitled dick. He barked an order for her to throw him a bottle of water. She grabbed one and said “I better walk it over, you may drop it.” This wasn’t a week after the drop.

pics of the babysitter?

• Like 1

Anybody actually know how good of coach he is right now because he and his dad sure as shit know football? Sure, when he was a freshman he came up short, but he got an int in the NCG in ’09 before the wheels came off, so for me- fuck it, it balanced out.

Hes a smart guy with a good head on his shoulders who can provide his students with some great experience in big time situations. Good for him.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 4

53 minutes ago, CooterBrown said:

Our old babysitter ran track at Texas at that time so she knew a ton of football players. She was hanging out with friends and Gideon was there. She said he was a pretty entitled dick. He barked an order for her to throw him a bottle of water. She grabbed one and said “I better walk it over, you may drop it.” This wasn’t a week after the drop.

I love fake stories like this.  

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Skinny Tie said:

His INT in the NCG cost us big time yards. It was 4th down and Bama did a fake punt pass. I’ll blame him for Colts injury on the ensuing drive as well.

Yeah, starting at Bama’s 37 vs the 20 was an insurmountable disadvantage 🙄

Edited by formermav43

1 hour ago, CooterBrown said:

Were you lucky enough to be molested by her?

2 hours ago, CooterBrown said:

She didn't say that.  It's more likely that someone told her afterwards that she should have said that, so she claimed it as her own because she's an attention whore. 

Edited by ImissWallyPryor
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

For all the crap Gideon gets for that drop, I blame FUPM and Colt before I blame true freshmen Gideon and Earl Thomas.  On our last scoring drive, Texas should have been bleeding the play clock to <5 seconds instead of snapping it with >20 seconds. We should have done that until the game clock was under 30 seconds.

Now for a non-fabricated story.  Our family was watching that game along with my son's best friend. During that last drive, I was cussing at Colt after every play for not running the play clock down. When we scored, all the women-folk were dancing and hugging while I was throwing a hissy fit. They turned to me expecting a fucking high five or something, and all I could howl with a cracked voice was, "We left too much goddamned time on the clock." My son's friend (a Nebraska fan) thought that was so funny that he reminded me of that story for years.

In case anyone is wondering what role Thomas played in this, watch a replay of Crabtree's TD and notice how Thomas runs out of bounds instead of helping Brown (Curtis? Chykie?) keep Crabtree out of the end zone.

Ahhhhh, great fucking memories.

Edited by ImissWallyPryor
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Xcalibur said:

Dropped the one he should have caught and caught the one he should have dropped.  Cost us 2 national championships.  Fuck.

Colt should have run more time off the clock and shouldn’t have gotten hurt. Cost us 2 national championships.

Stupid oversimplifications are fun.

• Like 1