Dallas Cowboys 2019 Offseason Thread of Mediocrity

Assman

6 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

...36635a51f64c0080713d8a19068e19e4.jpg

93 Cowboys not being on there is just goofy. That teams was a hold out, a fluke ending and a couple of injuries from being a legit undefeated team. The 95 teams is WAY WAY to high and to have it over the 94 Cowboys is laughable. That 95 squad was a shell of itself and probably only got into the SB because the Pack upset the niners. 

17 minutes ago, Mileslong said:

So Russel Wilson signs a new deal that is going to pay him around $2.19 million per game. I hope Daks agents aren’t getting any ideas

that’s funny.  that fucking imposter dak is gonna have his agent put a copy of wilson’s contract in front of jerry and say “we start here.”

in my gut I think jerry and stephen know that dak is not a good football player and they won’t do it.  or I might still be drunk. 

5 hours ago, Mileslong said:

So Russel Wilson signs a new deal that is going to pay him around $2.19 million per game. I hope Daks agents aren’t getting any ideas

Of course they are, as they should..... He's greatly outplayed his rookie contract, but most fans don't say, "We should rip up Dak's contract and give him 15 million this year".  Dak has his issues but his agent's job is to get as much money as possible for his client.  Whenever the extension is announced, most fans are going to hate the number.  I probably will hate the number.  If it's 25 million, it's probably a fair deal for his overall game.  If it's closer to 35 million like Wilson's, then it's an overpay for stability.  A ton of QBs are going to be getting new deals in the next 2 years including Cam, Jameis, Mariota, Wentz, Goff, Watson and probably Trubs, Mahomes and Cousins.  Not counting old guys like Brady, Ben, and Brees.  All those young guys probably get close or more than 30m.  Jameis and Mariota highly dependent on this year.

• Like 1

A QB's numbers will never go down. This league has a shortage on QBs and teams are being handcuffed because of that. They are at the mercy of the QBs and their agents. Some fans think the longer Dallas holds off, the less we will have to pay in the end. Dak and his agent are not blinking nor should they. QBs are being paid a big premium. It really started with Cousins' ridiculous contract for not accomplishing a damn thing ever. The market is not going to correct itself any time soon. Unlike other positions, you can't just move on and easily go find another QB and move on. It is the most important position in the game and it isn't even close. Russell will only be the highest paid player for a year or 2. Then the next crop of QBs will get big paydays. Maybe the market will crash at some point, who knows. Salary cap keeps increasing every year so their percentage against the cap is not a big deal with these contracts.

6 hours ago, futureman said:

that’s funny.  that fucking imposter dak is gonna have his agent put a copy of wilson’s contract in front of jerry and say “we start here.”

in my gut I think jerry and stephen know that dak is not a good football player and they won’t do it.  or I might still be drunk. 

In Dak’s wildest dreams, there’s no way he could make a case that he’s as accomplished and as deserving of a big contract as Russ. Why are you stuck on this narrative? It was the same thing in the Russell Wilson thread.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, youdunnf'dup said:

In Dak’s wildest dreams, there’s no way he could make a case that he’s as accomplished and as deserving of a big contract as Russ. Why are you stuck on this narrative? It was the same thing in the Russell Wilson thread.

Because he's nothing more than a zero substance bitch ass troll

1 hour ago, Vic Mackey said:

Take this with a big grain of salt. We will know tomorrow.

Death, Taxes, and Opening the home schedule with the Giants.  Not surprised by the NO, Philly, or Rams games.  And if that week 17 game matters(hasn't the last few years),  it could be flexed.  Frankly wondering what the Thursday Night game after the Rams is.  I'm sure there's another Prime Time game or two here.

7 hours ago, futureman said:

I seriously doubt they're going to "start there" but his agent damn sure will use it as the high bar(knowing he'll never get it). 

Also, everyone except idiots like you know Dak is a good football player.  The problem is you can't figure out the difference in someone saying Dak is a Good/Quality QB and an Elite QB.  You think they're one in the same, and that's not the case.

Basically you think a QB is Elite, or trash.  And anyone saying Dak is anywhere in between that, they're naïve.

1 hour ago, youdunnf'dup said:

Because he thinks it's Mike White who's deserving of that contract, not Dak.

• Like 1

Russell's contract has very little to do with Dak. His agent isn't stupid and isn't going to tell Dallas to get close to that. No team would do that. Wilson has skins on the wall. Although, I think he's being paid for his past accomplishments, which is fine. But he's not the best QB in the game right now. But he's being paid accordingly. 

I think Dak lands somewhere in the high 20s. Which would be fair market value for Dak in this QB contract climate we have. What would be the plan without Dak after next year? Both his backups are trash. Not one team is letting go of a QB worth a damn either unless you have some very rare situation like Philly had with Foles and Wentz.

Dak is more than capable of leading this team where they want to go. Of course you will have the typical fans who trash him at every turn and say he sucks yet they never have a realistic, viable option to replace him. We don't have a 1st round pick this year. Dak is an outlier. So is Russell Wilson. You aren't finding QBs that far into the draft that will be worth a damn. It's like some of them don't watch any other QBs in the league. All QBs miss passes, even easy ones. No matter how good they are. Hell they even go as far to trash the positive plays he does make and criticize that the ball was not placed exactly perfect and the WR actually had to make a play like he's paid to do. It's ridiculous.

Dak is a no brainer on someone you extend. Zeke is going to be the interesting one on what you want to do with.

• Like 2

I heard Stephen Jones say that they wanted more production behind Zeke last season and are open to taking a RB the second day of the draft, which is rounds 2 and 3. Is this really about better production behind Zeke or are they already gearing to find his cheaper replacement? 

They need to.

Yes Zeke is the engine for this team, and the best player most would say.  But they do NOT have even worry about extending him right now.  I'm sure they will pick up his 5th year option(if they haven't already), and should Franchise him for at least the 1st year after that.  That gives them 3 more years to have Zeke, and 6 of Zeke's absolute prime years would be here on the Cowboys.

After that let him walk.  Sure he'd probably win the rushing title another time or two, but we wouldn't be paying more than the Rams are paying for Gurley, in the downside of his career.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

I heard Stephen Jones say that they wanted more production behind Zeke last season and are open to taking a RB the second day of the draft, which is rounds 2 and 3. Is this really about better production behind Zeke or are they already gearing to find his cheaper replacement? 

I think that’s definitely a big part of it. For a team that prides itself on running the ball as much as we do, we need to have more than one capable RB. A guy that could either carry the load of zeke goes down, or one that has a different skill set. That guy wasn’t Rod Smith. We’re clearly running him into the ground, but you have to manage his workload more than you have over the last 3 seasons. In hindsight, his suspension was kind of a blessing from a workload standpoint. 

Now if uou hit on that rb, you have at least a little leverage over zeke (see James Connor and Lev Bell). I’d be shocked if we took a rb with our first pick in the draft. That pick almost has to be either saftey, D-Line, or wr if the right guy falls (because outside of cooper and Gallup, our WRs are up in the air for 2020). If the right guy falls to them in the 3rd, then fuck it. Go for it. But I just don’t see it. I feel like that might be a little smokescreen-ish considering how close we are to draft day.

Safety, DL, RB or WR????

Per this article, these are likely needs considered at pick #58 (2nd Round)

http://www.espn.com/blog/dallas/cowboys/post/_/id/4769095/cowboys-options-for-first-pick-at-no-58-based-on-pre-draft-visits

Dallas should select best available at #58 imo..... or would even be ok if they trade back to get additional pick(s)

26 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

The schedule is getting leaked....

Playing the Giants @ home again to open is bullshit.  Why do we need to go there in December?  This is 5 straight years they'll be the home opener.  Total crap.

And we win that game more often than not. It's good opening the season with a divisional win.

1 minute ago, LTtxfan said:

Hope for once this is a smokescreen...... feed Jrrrrrrry bad draft info knowing he'll spill the beans....

That is the thing about Jerry most of the time, he has zero filter and doesn't throw out smoke screens. He is honest to a fault.

I still think there is a chance they try and move into the 1st round although not sure what they would package together.

23 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

Jerry can't help himself...

and the problem here is...?  the hotel and sean lee were both all-pro.  jaylon will be all-pro.  randy has all-pro talent that we’ll get to see much more of.  sounds like jerry knows exactly what the fuck he is doing. 

44 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:
56 minutes ago, Drew said:
Also...Buffalo? On Thanksgiving?

Watch Cole go for 180.

Oh sorry, moved the decimal point. 18. Yards.

Most likely the reason they are putting that on Thanksgiving. I'd bet if he didn't sign there, it wouldn't be placed there.

Well that, and they know it’s the highest rated game of the day regardless of who Dallas plays