The way too early 2019 LSU at Texas game discussion

4th and 5

2 minutes ago, ChickenSandwich said:

ESPN says 05. And apparently it was after we had taken the lead but was the nail in the coffin. 

58 yards with 9:27 on the clock in the 4th after finally taking the lead at the end of the 3rd. 

https://www.espn.com/college-football/playbyplay?gameId=253020197

That's the 2005 game in Stillwater. The 2004 game in Austin was 56-35. Both were large comebacks. 

Ramonce had a 47-yard TD that tied it:

https://www.espn.com/college-football/game?gameId=243110251

Edited by Hank Chinaski
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Hank Chinaski said:

That's the 2005 game in Stillwater. The 2004 game in Austin was 56-35. Both were large comebacks. 

Nailed it. That was the moment for me. Never louder. 

Well played sir. Do take the time to look at the play by play. Just ridiculous. 81 yard QB scrambles. 

Explosive plays everywhere!

#triggerwarning 

Edited by ChickenSandwich

21 minutes ago, LonghornSean said:

Anyone have or know of a copy of the Cotton Bowl vs LSU to watch?  Wouldn't mind watching that one again.

Not sure where to find the whole game, but here's one example from that game of Roy Williams owning LSU.  He was a beast that day.

• Like 1

From an objective standpoint:

QB: Slight Advantage to Texas.  Ehlinger runs better. Throwing is about the same. Burrow did face tougher secondaries. 

WR: Advantage LSU. It's one of their best units hands down. Tall and disgustingly athletic.

RB: Tie. No world destroyers on either side. 

OL: Huge Texas Advantage. Their OL was bad last year. They return nearly all of it but that wont mean much. 

DL: Advantage LSU. This right here is why LSU will not lose this game by more than seven. Absolutely filthy. Most would start for us. And..

DB, CB, S: Advantage LSU. Wont sugar coat it because I cheer on the Longhorns. .Aranda is the best DC in CFB and everyone on that defense is stupidly talented and well coached. 

To recap, Texas will have a better offense. LSU will have the better defense. The problem is, their weakness plays against our weakness. While our strength goes against their bread and butter. 

To those predicting blowouts, this is why meltdowns happen. We could lose this game . 

The final score will be tight as fuck. 27-24 either way in my opinion. Most LSU fans I've met say the same. They arent all message board losers and SEC chanters. Just sit back and enjoy this win or lose because this is the game of the year. 

I would love to say 45-7 Texas but I have learned not to do so lol. Texas by 3!

Edited by GoLonghornNation
  • Fuck You 7

17 minutes ago, GoLonghornNation said:

I cheer on the Longhorns.

Do you though?

18 minutes ago, GoLonghornNation said:

Tall and disgustingly athletic.

Absolutely filthy.

best DC in CFB

stupidly talented and well coached. 

just sit back and enjoy this win or lose

I won't, and never will enjoy watching Texas lose a football game. Go fuck yourself. 

• Like 4

So because I'm not blinded by the orange tinted glasses I'm an Aggot?

Okay. Forgive me for not beating my chest like a buffoon saying "We're back!" just because we beat a UGA team that the corndogs already demolished.

We lost to Maryland. Herman didnt somehow become a master coach. 

We are better than that. It's something UCF would do. We will get demolished if we misstep.

• Fuck You 16

I just hope the team isn't taking the same approach as the fans. We are at our best when underestimated. Remember the fucking media blowhards? 

"Oh Georgia didnt want to be there."

Blah blah bullshit. Herman can coach circles around Ogre. We just need to go in like it's the natty. They have the talent but we have the skills. 

• Fuck You 11

28 minutes ago, GoLonghornNation said:

So because I'm not blinded by the orange tinted glasses I'm an Aggot?

Okay. Forgive me for not beating my chest like a buffoon saying "We're back!" just because we beat a UGA team that the corndogs already demolished.

We lost to Maryland. Herman didnt somehow become a master coach. 

We are better than that. It's something UCF would do. We will get demolished if we misstep.

LMAO, as a troll you can't come up with something better than this? 

Edited by totallynotabuttpirate

Here is the issue. Long time fans can come in here with a realistic viewpoint and be completely blown off . But I look up and see Texas A&M posters everywhere. 

Yet you treat me as one of them. I simply think the game will be tougher than you all think it will. 

• Fuck You 12

7 minutes ago, GoLonghornNation said:

Here is the issue. Long time fans can come in here with a realistic viewpoint and be completely blown off . But I look up and see Texas A&M posters everywhere. 

Yet you treat me as one of them. I simply think the game will be tougher than you all think it will. 

Nobody rationally thinks LSU game wont be tough.

Stop being a cunt.

• Like 2

Lol honestly though. You guys are fucked in week 2. 

Texas is back alright. Right back in the losing to Maryland with an interim coach mode. 

Do you know how fucking hilarious it is watching you beat your chests at that Georgia win ? Like. The same team got shit on by the tigers by 20. You won by 7. And even if transitive property doesntwork here, let me tell you what does. 

You return the least amount of starters in the FBS and LSU is among those that returned a metric fuckton. 

It will be fun watching your team get smeared and then bumble around looking for excuses. "Uhhh we are still back though LSU got lucky." Then herman can kiss his boys goodnight after you guys lunch mob him with your hyperunrealistic expectations. You beat one SEC team and go off the rails when its supposedly an overrated conference. Lol.

Have fun Shorthorns.

• Fuck You 29

7 minutes ago, GoLonghornNation said:

Texas is back alright. Right back in the losing to Maryland with an interim coach mode. 

Do you know how fucking hilarious it is watching you beat your chests at that Georgia win ? Like. The same team got shit on by the tigers by 20. You won by 7. And even if transitive property doesntwork here, let me tell you what does. 

You return the least amount of starters in the FBS and LSU is among those that returned a metric fuckton. 

It will be fun watching your team get smeared and then bumble around looking for excuses. "Uhhh we are still back though LSU got lucky." Then herman can kiss his boys goodnight after you guys lunch mob him with your hyperunrealistic expectations. You beat one SEC team and go off the rails when its supposedly an overrated conference. Lol.

Have fun Shorthorns.

Your eggshell psyche is going to absolutely fucking hate this season. 

Edited by BigBenBamboozle

4 minutes ago, GoLonghornNation said:

Have fun Shorthorns.

And yet you still feel threatened and insecure enough to post this much on our board.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, GoLonghornNation said:

Have fun Shorthorns.

Say hi to Looch and Fat Hamm for me when you get back to texaggy 

9 minutes ago, GoLonghornNation said:

Have fun Shorthorns.

Did you really pose as a UT fan for this grand reveal? What a disappointing payoff. I want my money back. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

QB: Slight Advantage to Texas.  Ehlinger runs better. Throwing is about the same. Burrow did face tougher secondaries. 
WR: Advantage LSU. It's one of their best units hands down. Tall and disgustingly athletic.
OL: Huge Texas Advantage. Their OL was bad last year. They return nearly all of it but that wont mean much. 
DL: Advantage LSU. This right here is why LSU will not lose this game by more than seven. Absolutely filthy. Most would start for us. And..
DB, CB, S: Advantage LSU. Wont sugar coat it because I cheer on the Longhorns. .Aranda is the best DC in CFB and everyone on that defense is stupidly talented and well coached. 
To recap, Texas will have a better offense. LSU will have the better defense. The problem is, their weakness plays against our weakness. While our strength goes against their bread and butter. 

To those predicting blowouts, this is why meltdowns happen. We could lose this game . 

The final score will be tight as fuck. 27-24 either way in my opinion. Most LSU fans I've met say the same. They arent all message board losers and SEC chanters. Just sit back and enjoy this win or lose because this is the game of the year. 

More or less agreed, but Ehlinger is better than Burrow and I think WR is a push at worst, if not an edge for Texas.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

20 minutes ago, GoLonghornNation said:

Have fun Shorthorns.

wanna make a bet or are you just an internet tough guy troll? I'll sanction pretty much any action you want or are you one of those losers who can't even travel to the game in Austin because you are a broke asshole?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BigBenBamboozle said:

Your eggshell psyche is going to absolutely fucking hate this season. 

Just read their excuses after Texas kicked the crap out of that highly motivated Georgia team in the Sugar Bowl.  UGa's excessive zeal led directly to their demise.  Their defense overpursued so hard on the first drive, just like Herman KNEW they would.  That's exactly what allowed Texas to abuse them with misdirection and march straight down the field on the opening drive.  That only works if your opponent is jacked up.  Misdirection is useless against an unmotivated, lethargic defense because they won't run themselves out of the play.  Lack of motivation is just a lie aggy (and other SEC mouthbreathers) tell themselves to reconcile the results on the field the their religious beliefs. 

• Like 2

Just read their excuses after Texas kicked the crap out of that highly motivated Georgia team in the Sugar Bowl.  UGa's excessive zeal led directly to their demise.  Their defense overpursued so hard on the first drive, just like Herman KNEW they would.  That's exactly what allowed Texas to abuse them with misdirection and march straight down the field on the opening drive.  That only works if your opponent is jacked up.  Misdirection is useless against an unmotivated, lethargic defense because they won't run themselves out of the play.  Lack of motivation is just a lie aggy (and other SEC mouthbreathers) tell themselves to reconcile the results on the field the their religious beliefs. 

We all know that excuse was bullshit. They were very motivated and excited and got absolutely dominated by a team they didn’t respect. They were talking all kinds of shit. They were mocking others. They came out and got curb stomped. Their fans tried hard to pretend it couldn’t be real.

Much like this fool, their cupp was half empty, and the sec didn’t have a leg to stand on.

4 hours ago, GoLonghornNation said:

OK... moniker, GoLonghornNation, starts with "objective viewpoint" -72 rep rating...gtfoh you crossbred aggytigah mutant.

Edited by SHOOTER12
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Hank Chinaski said:

I missed my bro’s 30th bday for that OSU game at home. Amazing game. No regrets. His then-wife wasn’t happy I missed the party, but my bro didn’t care of course. 

• Like 1

Can’t wait for this game.   

Grew up indoctrinated into LSU culture, but was also a multi-sport student athlete at UT for a period of time.  Unfortunately injury derailed my sports career and finishing school there.  

I expect this to be a very close game that could go either way.   .

LSU fans, the majority expecting an 11-1 season for them, also think this will be a close game.    Yet, it seems the consensus on this board is the exact opposite, and anyone that tries to temper expectations is downvoted into exile.

What happens to the fan morale if you lose?  Realistically, whoever loses this game can still run the table and be in the playoffs as a conference champion.    

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 2

5 minutes ago, NotEricPrydz said:

Can’t wait for this game.   

Grew up indoctrinated into LSU culture, but was also a multi-sport student athlete at UT for a period of time.  Unfortunately injury derailed my sports career and finishing school there.  

I expect this to be a very close game that could go either way.   .

LSU fans, the majority expecting an 11-1 season for them, also think this will be a close game.    Yet, it seems the consensus on this board is the exact opposite, and anyone that tries to temper expectations is downvoted into exile.

What happens to the fan morale if you lose?  Realistically, whoever loses this game can still run the table and be in the playoffs as a conference champion.   

Trolls and people who argue fantasy get down voted.  I have felt Texas should be a slight favorite since I first started to take a look at this game.  Betting lines are moving more and more in that direction.  Texas has a better DC even though LSU's is outstanding.  The offensive coaching is heavily in favor or Texas. 

LSU has slightly higher rated recruits but that did not translate into offensive production last year.  Their OL is particularly prone to being exploited by quick defensive penetration.  Every decent dual threat QB LSU faced last year left a mark on them.  I understand why anyone just reading the headlines would favor LSU.  When you look below the surface, Texas is a really bad matchup for the boys from Red Stick.

• Like 2