The way too early 2019 La Tech at Texas game discussion

Neonmoon

La Tech at Texas:

The bulldogs come to Austin on August 31, 2018 (Time :TBD)

La Tech 2019 roster. 

https://latechsports.com/roster.aspx?path=football

La Tech 2018 preview

https://collegefootballnews.com/2018/04/louisiana-tech-bulldogs-college-football-preview-2018

La Tech went 8-5 overall last year, finishing 2nd in the C-USA west and 4th overall. They went 5-3 in conference. 

2018 Schedule and results

NW State -  24 @ La Tech - 52

La Tech - 30 @ South Alabama - 26

Southern U - 17 @ La Tech - 54

La Tech - 21 @ LSU - 38

La Tech - 29 @ North Texas - 27

UAB - 28 @ La Tech - 7

La Tech - 31 @ UTSA - 3

UTEP - 24 @ La Tech - 31

La Tech - 21 @ Florida Atlantic - 13

La Tech - 3 @  Mississippi State - 45

Rice - 13 @ La Tech - 28

La Tech - 20 @ Southern Miss - 21

Western Kentucky - 30 @ La Tech - 15

La Tech - 31 @ Hawaii - 14 (Hawaii Bowl)

3 minutes ago, Horny Bull said:

Somebody will get a shot to grab some rotational PT with Anthony Cook suspended for the first half.

Unless Kenyatta Watson has the summer conditioning / fall camp of his life, I feel pretty confident that our starting corners will be Green and Boyce.

However, it has become clear that the employee left the English bulldog — a breed particularly susceptible to heatstroke — outside in the 102 degree weather. The employee has since been fired.

Louisiana Tech’s last mascot, Tech XIX, also died from heatstroke during his time at the southern school, reported The Examiner.

LT will certainly have some athletes and is definitely a step up from the New Mexico States, UTEPs, SJSUs, etc. of the world. It should be a good primer for LSU. I could even see it being close for a half as Texas works out some kinks. If Texas comes prepared they'll eventually roll though. If not... I don't know about a loss, but a lot of frustration, anxiety, and doom and gloom headed into LSU. Based on how much Herman fucks around with inferior teams, I almost expect to be tight.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

• Like 4

1 hour ago, hornian said:

We should use this as a warmup for our Cajun tailgates. Work out the kinks, so that when LSU comes the next week everyone's gumbo skills are up to snuff. 

You can't just walk in and get Roux right on day 1.  It's a system that requires a lot of reps.

• Like 4

Skip Holtz is widely hated by their fan base, and their offense tends to run on the painfully obvious and uncreative side. Their QB play against Hawaii in the bowl game was...poor  

On the flip side I’m sure someone will play “Who Let the Dogs Out?”, and their band is partial to playing Hava Nageela in the third quarter. 

Edited by Bobby_Batronic

• 4 weeks later...

Another asst coaching change at La Tech...... losing Tim Rattay.

Washington Redskins: Tim Rattay has been named the new quarterbacks coach. Rattay, who had an eight-year career in the NFL, was at Lousiana Tech where he first coached the receivers from 2013-15 before being moving to quarterbacks coach from 2015-18.

https://redskinswire.usatoday.com/2019/02/10/redskins-announce-hiring-tim-rattay-qb-coach/

Edited by LTtxfan

3 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Washington Redskins: Tim Rattay has been named the new quarterbacks coach. Rattay, who had an eight-year career in the NFL, was at Lousiana Tech where he first coached the receivers from 2013-15 before being moving to quarterbacks coach from 2015-18.

Manny Diaz has wasted no time in making changes throughout the Miami football coaching staff that Mark Richt had left behind. After firing the entire offensive staff on Monday, Diaz made another big move by hiring Louisiana Tech’s Defensive Coordinator on Wednesday.

The report of Diaz hiring Louisiana Tech’s Blake Baker as the Defensive Coordinator for the Miami Football team was first published by Football Scoop. 

https://caneswarning.com/2019/01/02/miami-football-manny-diaz-hire-defensive-coordinator-latech/

1 minute ago, LTtxfan said:

Manny Diaz has wasted no time in making changes throughout the Miami football coaching staff that Mark Richt had left behind. After firing the entire offensive staff on Monday, Diaz made another big move by hiring Louisiana Tech’s Defensive Coordinator on Wednesday.

The report of Diaz hiring Louisiana Tech’s Blake Baker as the Defensive Coordinator for the Miami Football team was first published by Football Scoop. 

https://caneswarning.com/2019/01/02/miami-football-manny-diaz-hire-defensive-coordinator-latech/

New DC at La Tech has come from BlowU staff......

https://www.ktbs.com/news/incaseyoumissedit/bob-diaco-named-la-tech-defensive-coordinator/article_494b9dac-2057-11e9-afba-870f22988f3d.html

52 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

https://redskinswire.usatoday.com/2019/02/10/redskins-announce-hiring-tim-rattay-qb-coach/

I watched Tim Rattay set the single game passing record against Central Michigan in 97 or 98. I think it’s since been surpassed, but I remember he threw for 700+ yards and 7 TD’s before putting a scare into FSU and having a cup of coffee in the NFL. 

5 minutes ago, Machinator said:

USC in 2018 felt like a mudhole even though we let off the gas pedal. We were also up 3 scores late in the Iowa State game.

I mean yeah we were on the verge of mudhole a bunch of times last year and then made sure it was our customary one score game.

18 minutes ago, Machinator said:

USC in 2018 felt like a mudhole even though we let off the gas pedal. We were also up 3 scores late in the Iowa State game.

Hell, the Sugar Bowl felt like a mudhole.  Too bad the final score doesn't adequately reflect the ass beating Georgia took.

19 minutes ago, ATXHorn94 said:

Hell, the Sugar Bowl felt like a mudhole.  Too bad the final score doesn't adequately reflect the ass beating Georgia took.

72 rushing yards at 2.4 YPC for a team who ran for more than twice that against Bama and averaged over 250 yards and 6.1 YPC coming into the Sugar Bowl.

72 yards

• Like 3

On 1/18/2019 at 7:02 PM, phdhorn said:

I think we'll win this one... as long as we don't lose it.

The Tulsa game was on the verge of blowout central, but a couple big mistakes made that game a lot closer.  Iirc we're up 14-0 getting ready to make it 21-0 and something happened like a pick or false start backed us up followed by sack, some BS that kind of changed the MO, things we didn't do later in season.  Veteran QB and playmakers on O , i feel good about this one.

Edited by jdhorn92

12 minutes ago, jdhorn92 said:

The Tulsa game was on the verge of blowout central, but a couple big mistakes made that game a lot closer.  Iirc we're up 14-0 getting ready to make it 21-0 and something happened like a pick or false start backed us up followed by sack, some BS that kind of changed the MO, things we didn't do later in season.  Veteran QB and playmakers on O , i feel good about this one.

Sam didn't throw a pick between Maryland and Kansas, so it wasn't that.