Jayme Closs case

spystud13

The assault on the house and the murders separate this man from other kidnappers, at least as far as I can remember. In other cases, the targeted girl is lured away, snatched on the street, or taken in the night from her bed. 

The desire and planning for straight on assaulting the house and killing everyone except the girl makes me wonder if the assault itself was a big part of his sick obsession. The girl may be more of a trophy than a slave. 

I have a possibly perverse curiosity about what this guy saw in his head for years before doing this. I think of the sergeant in Full Metal Jacket confronting Leonard in the eerie light of the bathroom. What's your major malfunction?  I wonder if he had the same scene in his head, but Leonard doesn't kill himself.

Dark musings.

• Like 3

Spent a lot of summers at my grandparent's cabin on Lower Turtle Lake WI just south of Almena. Still have cousins-some who participated in the search parties-who live in Barron, Cumberland & Spooner. Hits very close to home.

I hope to hell he didn't rape her. She's had more than enough trauma witnessing her parents being murdered. May his death be excruciatingly painful.

3 hours ago, Digdogger said:

Now let's get onto some more serious issues with this story  

Like the fact that while fleeing the scene of the abduction at 1:00 AM, the kidnapper had to pull  his car over to the side of the road to allow THREE cops to pass. Apparently not one of the cops noticed the make/model/color of the car or made any connection between this random car on a rural road at 1AM and the double muder / kidnapping that happened right down the road. 

Great work, guys. 

Bernard

1 hour ago, Trey3216 said:

This is one of those cases where I'd be more than ok with immediate, post-sentencing vigilante justice 

This is also one of those cases where the bitch will get some more appropriate justice on the inside as opposed to a quick vigilante bullet outside of the courthouse. 

9 minutes ago, heso said:

This is also one of those cases where the bitch will get some more appropriate justice on the inside as opposed to a quick vigilante bullet outside of the courthouse. 

I was hoping for inside the courthouse, on live tv, after the sentence.   But that too.  

Aren't we proud of our brutal prisons where rape is common. That's where the real justice comes into play for 1 out of 50,000 prisoners.

I wish no good for the man who abducted this girl and slaughtered her parents. However, the crime doesn't engender warm fuzzy feelings about one of this country's great shames. We're all complicit. Making it a joke doesn't make it any better.

• Like 6

Another thing many of these incel/ kidnapper or killer types have in common: failed military aspirations. 

“On his graduation in 2015 Patterson stated in his high school yearbook that he wanted to join the Marines. But his career with the Marines was cut short. Military records show he was discharged after only five weeks.

A spokesperson for the Marines said that the brevity of his career indicated that 'the character of his service was incongruent with Marine Corps' expectations and standards.'”

1 hour ago, Nicole44 said:

Another thing many of these incel/ kidnapper or killer types have in common: failed military aspirations. 

“On his graduation in 2015 Patterson stated in his high school yearbook that he wanted to join the Marines. But his career with the Marines was cut short. Military records show he was discharged after only five weeks.

A spokesperson for the Marines said that the brevity of his career indicated that 'the character of his service was incongruent with Marine Corps' expectations and standards.'”

Yup, premature discharge is a real problem in this country.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

Aren't we proud of our brutal prisons where rape is common. That's where the real justice comes into play for 1 out of 50,000 prisoners.

I wish no good for the man who abducted this girl and slaughtered her parents. However, the crime doesn't engender warm fuzzy feelings about one of this country's great shames. We're all complicit. Making it a joke doesn't make it any better.

Uh, whatever you say, Brubaker. 

• Like 1

I know nothing about them. It's just the sheer fact that they raised a monster.

That’s not a good take. I don’t know how old you are, but when you get to be in the early to mid 40’s, and then older, you see many cases of people you know who end up with awful kids. It’s not always their fault. Sure, sometimes it is.

4 hours ago, HouTex said:

That’s not a good take. I don’t know how old you are, but when you get to be in the early to mid 40’s, and then older, you see many cases of people you know who end up with awful kids. It’s not always their fault. Sure, sometimes it is.

Absolutely.  Shitheads often raise shitheads, for sure.  But sometimes good parents get stuck with awful kids, and sometimes great kids have terrible parents.  

• 2 weeks later...

Wondering if there is any possible way they wouldn't charge him with sexual assault (assuming he did) in order to protect her privacy if they think they can slam dunk him on murder anyways. I'm probably talking out of my ass, but it seems weird that he clearly targeted her and kept her to himself, but that they haven't charged him with anything sexual yet. Don't think he would've taken her for any other reason. 

5 hours ago, NorthLoop said:

Wondering if there is any possible way they wouldn't charge him with sexual assault (assuming he did) in order to protect her privacy if they think they can slam dunk him on murder anyways. I'm probably talking out of my ass, but it seems weird that he clearly targeted her and kept her to himself, but that they haven't charged him with anything sexual yet. Don't think he would've taken her for any other reason

Was she a big fat girl?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, NorthLoop said:

Wondering if there is any possible way they wouldn't charge him with sexual assault (assuming he did) in order to protect her privacy if they think they can slam dunk him on murder anyways. I'm probably talking out of my ass, but it seems weird that he clearly targeted her and kept her to himself, but that they haven't charged him with anything sexual yet. Don't think he would've taken her for any other reason. 

I haven't followed the story since the initial reports, but I got the feeling that she hadn't been sexually assaulted from the way she appeared and acted. That's thin evidence, I know. She didn't seem as traumatized as I would have expected.

Of course, she'd also seen her parents gruesomely murdered, and that wasn't written all over her face either. Maybe she was just in a temporary state of euphoria from having the whole thing end. 

I’m not saying there aren’t odd elements to this case but it does trouble me that it seems 50/50 from comments (not just here) that she was involved with him and either was a part of killing her parents or somehow in communicating with him online encouraged this to happen. He admitted to killing her parents in graphic detail. I highly doubt she signed on for any of this but that’s me. Her behavior is off but how is one supposed to behave after that? I remember a lot of people were quick to wonder why Elizabeth Smart didn’t scream out for help and save herself? Then I realize that one of the two people involved in her kidnapping is out free right now. Which is scary to me. 

19 hours ago, NorthLoop said:

wait... you're saying she was involved with the plotting of the murders? Is this new shit or just shit that Nicole is only privy to? 

Not privy to anything. All I have read was he confessed. Said he didn’t know her. Saw her getting on a school bus and decided that he was going to take her. I was referring to comments I have seen under many articles that in spite of his confession people still think she knew him and was communicating with him online or involved somehow which the killer/abductor has said via confession is not the case. This bothers me. People refer to her smiling in photos saying that’s weird etc. I am not privy to anything I just think it’s weird that people can still maintain she knew him and was at fault or involved somehow when it’s not at all true. I guess people need to believe that even though most child abduction by stranger are random and a crime of opportunity. Sorry for being confusing in my earlier post. 

36 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

Not privy to anything. All I have read was he confessed. Said he didn’t know her. Saw her getting on a school bus and decided that he was going to take her. I was referring to comments I have seen under many articles that in spite of his confession people still think she knew him and was communicating with him online or involved somehow which the killer/abductor has said via confession is not the case. This bothers me. People refer to her smiling in photos saying that’s weird etc. I am not privy to anything I just think it’s weird that people can still maintain she knew him and was at fault or involved somehow when it’s not at all true. I guess people need to believe that even though most child abduction by stranger are random and a crime of opportunity. Sorry for being confusing in my earlier post. 

I think people just see a lot of similarity in this case and the Blanchard case in Kansas in 2015. In that one, an odd girl met a guy online and they plotted to kill her mother and have the guy "adbuct" the girl so they could live together. 

On 1/14/2019 at 5:14 PM, achooloco said:

Dude deserves the chair. 

Clicked on the link, couldn’t get more info but this part was confusing: 

“On the night she was abducted, Jayme told police, she was asleep in her room when the family dog started barking. She woke her parents as a car came up the driveway.

She and her mother, Denise, hid in the bathroom, clutching each other in the bathtub with the shower curtain pulled shut. Her father, James, went to the front door. They heard a gunshot, and Jayme knew that James had just been.”

Maybe some details got scrambled with the trauma of the night or the article left them out but why did they get in the tub when someone knocked? Somethings missing

You're reading a newspaper article.  Keep that in mind.  Some newspaper reporters are better than others.

On 1/14/2019 at 10:53 PM, RPM said:

Like I said... cityboy.

Tell him how the cow ate the cabbage.

Edited by Bullneck

On 1/14/2019 at 8:12 PM, Beau Vine said:

wrong.gif

Guess you've never been stuck behind the school bus on a rural road picking up EACH KID AT HIS OWN HOUSE.

They figured out pretty quickly he was a weirdo.

On 1/15/2019 at 4:13 PM, Nicole44 said:

Edited by Bullneck
  • Like 1

According to the complaint, the 21-year-old suspect was working at a cheese factory west of Barron, Wisconsin, when he stopped behind a school bus on his way to work and saw Jayme getting on. He decided then he would take her, the complaint said.

On Oct. 15, he went to her home dressed almost entirely in black, wearing a face mask and gloves and armed with a shotgun. He allegedly told authorities he shot Jayme's father, James Closs, through the front door, then went inside and found Jayme and her mother. He shot Denise Closs, then dragged Jayme to a car, the complaint said.

https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/midwest/ct-jayme-closs-kidnapping-20190115-story.html

there is more to his confession obviously but nowhere in there is Jayme known to him or a willing participant. I’d like to strap all of these types to one of Elon Musks rockets. Most don’t work anyway. 

Edited by Nicole44