Texas and A&M Presidents support renewing the rivalry

19 minutes ago, Skinny Tie said:

“I want a divorce, but I still want to come over on Thanksgiving. And all the benefits”

-Aggies

Someday it probably gets kicked off again... What would be the thoughts if it was scheduled as a early season out of conference clash..? I think many would oppose... 

Edited by kopp0e

57 minutes ago, kopp0e said:

Someday it probably gets kicked off again... What would be the thoughts if it was scheduled as a early season out of conference clash..? I think many would oppose... 

destroying their season before SEC play by whooping their ass 2/3 years is tempting. 

• Like 1

"There are some real practical and contractual issues with scheduling nonconference games," Fenves said. "The SEC is different from the Big 12. We have nonconference games scheduled 10 years out."

Meh we can probably replace La Tech or whomever.

If we are going to play this I want it to be the opening game of the season every year. Get it over with. Plus it fucks up all their stupid traditions. I want to see the Corps parade in Austin in 100 degree heat. They spend all summer chopping wood.

Edited by Valmy77

Only when they agree to have it on LHN and no home game for them, with all the revenue coming to us because we're the big bad greedy motherfuckers in our history together (and also the ghey.) Then, and only then... will I still tell aggy to go fuck themselves in his gomer face and if their wife is still attractive, stick my Longhorn in her butt. 

100 year decision, aggy. Deal with it. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, texifornia said:

I hate them as much as anyone but man, this rivalry is one of the reasons college football is the best damn sport there is. We're the flagship, fuck any bullshit perception thing, let's make it happen.

Your first sentence is totally at odds with the second sentence.  

The rivalry helps Aggie far more than it helps UT.  It’s not like beating them shuts their fans up for a year.  

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, LCHorn said:

The rivalry helps Aggie far more than it helps UT.  It’s not like beating them shuts their fans up for a year.  

This. Maybe people are forgetting all the things that made playing aggy unsatisfying. They brag about their on-field record against us as it is. Beating OU is meaningful. Beating aggy would just mean we lost a chance for a h/h with Miami or ASU.

• Like 1

aggy is the punk that already had a fight scheduled then ran from it.

They're the mouthy little dude who then then challenges the big guy they already ran from and has his buddies "hold him back" so he doesn't get his teeth kicked in.  Then one of his biggest friends gets his ass handed to him in an unrelated brawl.  The other 2 big friends offer to fight 4 in a row to help the little guy save face.  But he STILL won't shut up and go away.

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, LCHorn said:

I don't care how much it helps them, they're pissants. UT is always the flagship. I just want to see all this bottled up hate both fanbases have expressed in a real game again. 

11 minutes ago, texifornia said:

I don't care how much it helps them, they're pissants. UT is always the flagship. I just want to see all this bottled up hate both fanbases have expressed in a real game again. 

Nah. It’s a no-win proposition for us. Aggy is the tar baby, and we’d be better off staying out of the briar patch. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, texashorne said:

Funny how aggy wanted to renew 2012-2016.. Now, not so much. 

In the immediate aftermath of their defection, they wanted to prove to their fanbase that they could have their cake and eat it too.  Relative strength wasn't really a consideration.  Now they realize they'd get their heads handed to them so they're trying to figure out a way to back down and blame TEXAS.  In the end the decision making process at aggy is always about catering to their fan's egotism, delusion and baseless pride.

25 minutes ago, sushihorn said:

They're the mouthy little dude who then then challenges the big guy they already ran from and has his buddies "hold him back" so he doesn't get his teeth kicked in.  Then one of his biggest friends gets his ass handed to him in an unrelated brawl.  The other 2 big friends offer to fight 4 in a row to help the little guy save face.  But he STILL won't shut up and go away.

They've actually already done this when they had Orgegon scheduled then dropped them because that's when they were real good and replaced them with Clemson who was just kinda' meh' at the time.  Turns out aggy should have stuck with Oregon.

Fuck them!! I will never criticize a program for doing what’s best for them but when they tried to blame us for leaving, that kinda rubbed me the wrong way. Fuck them!! The anytime anywhere bullshit, the WRTS bullshit, the pussing out of the Texas bowl when we had even teams, etc all that leads me to say fuck them!! They made thier bed, let them lay in it. 

• Like 7

40 minutes ago, sushihorn said:

So basically Adrien Broner?

Edited by A’Dam Psycho

Maybe someone should educate Fenves, CDC, and Herman how aggy behaved before, during, & after their duplicitous & dishonest Abandonment of the Big XII. Like I said earlier, they are the coward Moses Rose running away from the Alamo.

Edited by Armybrat
  • Like 4