Tom Brady Is UnFucking Real

Vic Mackey

On 9/11/2021 at 7:54 AM, Snacks said:

Oh. Ok. Then disregard.  He has won with trash OL and looks forward to contact.

No hate. 

All great pocket QB’s succeeded with superb OL play. That’s one of the most universal truisms to the sport. It’s in bad faith to hold that against any one of them in particular.

On 9/10/2021 at 1:00 PM, Snacks said:

He always seems to have a great offensive line, except when he's not winning.

I'm not hating.  Dude is magical when he has no pressure... but he left NE because their OL was shit and he started to look like every other QB with a bad OL...  So he chose TB.  They had weapons, a defense, and an OL... Jameis threw for 5000 with that team, but Jameis also threw 30 INTs.

when exactly would that be? In a league where parity reigns more than in any other league, a career regular season winning percentage of 77% is preposterous. I guess you could claim the Patriots had the best OLine the entire time he has been in the league, but I'm not buying it.

His last 3 years  in NE he averaged a 12-4 record. Is that like every other QB? 

image.png.300fd17ce60348b9daca923bd8fcfff5.png

Maybe an overlooked component of line protection IS the QB himself, to recognize schemes, assign blockers, call audibles, execute the right play against the defense, etc

So it might not just be that Tim Brady inherited good OL his entire career, but he helped steer OL to provide him with good blocking

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/4/2021 at 7:30 PM, PsychMike said:

My favorite moment from last night:

Why? Guy is the best we have ever seen and will ever see in our lives. His mom has cancer. He went weird on the diet stuff. No one can do what this guy does. I am a fan of his. I hated. Actively hated his ass. He is a bad ass. 

• Hook 'Em 1

31 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

Why? Guy is the best we have ever seen and will ever see in our lives. His mom has cancer. He went weird on the diet stuff. No one can do what this guy does. I am a fan of his. I hated. Actively hated his ass. He is a bad ass. 

That’s what held me back from being an nfl qb. My diet. If I just ate better I’d be setting records and shit 

• Like 1

In Brady's 4th NFL season, my friend (from CA, not NE/UM homer) casually told me "Tom Brady is the GOAT.  It's obvious".

I was like... uh... Joe Montana Dan Marino Steve Young blah blah blah.  Yeah Brady had just won his 3rd ring but he's on a monster team and maybe it's just great luck.... 

That was 17 years ago, LOL.

23 minutes ago, 52-80 said:

In Brady's 4th NFL season, my friend (from CA, not NE/UM homer) casually told me "Tom Brady is the GOAT.  It's obvious".

I was like... uh... Joe Montana Dan Marino Steve Young blah blah blah.  Yeah Brady had just won his 3rd ring but he's on a monster team and maybe it's just great luck.... 

That was 17 years ago, LOL.

He is the best we have ever seen. Becoming a fan

8 hours ago, Nicole44 said:

Nicole, are you asking me why that was my favorite moment from the game in Foxborough? (not sure if I understood your post in response to mine)

I am a fan of TB and have been for 14 or so years (was never a hater, but didn't care much either way up to that point). What the clip didn't show was how that "old" QB did something he doesn't do that much anymore (pull down the ball and run nearly 10 yards to get to the 1st down marker -- which I didn't think he was quite going to make, until he DID). But what the clip did show was his own reaction to that improbable feat and that's what I loved -- that smile, which I (perhaps incorrectly) interpreted as him being happy yet thinking, "holy crap, I did it?" He's one of the ultimate competitors, no doubt, but his reaction kinda demonstrated a more human side that I don't expect in the heat of battle.

Damn right he's a badass. I think more people appreciate him now that he doesn't have the Pats uniform on. Even some Steelers fans on social media have stated such. Fun to watch!

• Hook 'Em 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/19/2021 at 10:44 PM, Blotto said:

when exactly would that be? In a league where parity reigns more than in any other league, a career regular season winning percentage of 77% is preposterous. I guess you could claim the Patriots had the best OLine the entire time he has been in the league, but I'm not buying it.

His last 3 years  in NE he averaged a 12-4 record. Is that like every other QB? 

image.png.300fd17ce60348b9daca923bd8fcfff5.png

Tap the brakes on him being that great. He won all of 1 game in 2008.

Spoiler

That's a joke.  Nobody freak out, OK?

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, lilMAC25 said:

I love Brady. He’s fucking incredible and seems like a genuinely good dude.

I loathe Aaron Rodgers. He’s incredible, but a douche.

Its funny, they both have a huge chip on their shoulder.  the difference is Brady just kinda does his thing, seems to act basically normal in interviews, etc whereas Rodgers seems to want to let everyone know about his chip and his tough guy, constant wry smile bit on the field seems ridiculously forced.

• Hook 'Em 1

11 hours ago, BrickTop said:

That game ball Evans threw to a fan for Brady’s 600th td that the Bucs admin “negotiated” back from the fan for a jersey and signed autograph is said to have been worth between 5-750k per a sports auction house.

They gave him a $1k gift card to their pro shop. So this will buy him about 4 items lol. And they gave him the next TD ball, which is worth nothing.