Texas recruiting notes 2019

bigup2dahorns

Just now, GRHorn said:

So we presume he was playing ball with Georgia, then got the boot and decided on us for free?  That’s a stretch imo. 

If my memory is accurate, he was all in at georgia,  got pushed out with only days to find a spot. The rb musical chair  game had ended and we had a slight relationship with him.  We had a spot,  he needed a place to go in a short amount of time and we were the lucky landing spot.

4 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

So we presume he was playing ball with Georgia, then got the boot and decided on us for free?  That’s a stretch imo. 

FWK trained Toenail, but he wasn't running his recruitment like he is with Shepherd and Demas. Toenail's brother ran his recruitment 

Edited by Fud
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, Butch Had Not said:

If my memory is accurate, he was all in at georgia,  got pushed out with only days to find a spot. The rb musical chair  game had ended and we had a slight relationship with him.  We had a spot,  he needed a place to go in a short amount of time and we were the lucky landing spot.

chubb and michel both decided, unexpectedly, to return and not enter draft.  shit happens.  we got him. 

40 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Jesus how many times are we going to fucking discuss this shit on these threads. Guess what footwork king has also been critical of Carter for losing his spot and not grinding. 

FWk is dirty. Period. 

Seems to me that's more like "FWK is dirty. Semicolon." After all, we're saying he's dirty; at the same time, we're saying that he prefers his charges to do their work so as to not lose their place and make him look bad.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Butch Had Not said:

And if we hadnt we might have ended up with Eno Benjamin. 

So. Not so lucky for us. 

• Like 2

I have zero interest in a "charge to 1,000" type deal, but I am curious... apart from a concerted effort of bored stupidity, what would it take to get there? I can't think of any unsigned names that would generate even 10 more pages, let alone 200. There's not going to be a Malikmas type event before NSD2. Shepherd will undoubtedly generate a few more pages of redundant hand-wringing, and people making fun of those who are wringing said hands. Otherwise?  Seems kind of anticlimactic to me. 

2 minutes ago, Walden Ponderer said:

I have zero interest in a "charge to 1,000" type deal, but I am curious... apart from a concerted effort of bored stupidity, what would it take to get there? I can't think of any unsigned names that would generate even 10 more pages, let alone 200. There's not going to be a Malikmas type event before NSD2. Shepherd will undoubtedly generate a few more pages of redundant hand-wringing, and people making fun of those who are wringing said hands. Otherwise?  Seems kind of anticlimactic to me. 

I think 875-900 is the ceiling, mid 4* thread. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, oh_snap said:

Did shepherd choke his coach too? Or just punch him.

14 hours ago, NorLa Horns said:

report was he "laid hands on staff" enough to be kicked off the team. 

cant say, that fills me with positive vibes on who this kid is.

Well shoot, I didn't know about Sheperds incident.  I was mainly referring to Spreewell turning down a $21 million dollar contract because he felt like it was an insult, claiming "I have a family to feed".  Fast forward:  He never signed another contract.  

Spoiler

On October 31, 2004, the Minnesota Timberwolves offered Sprewell a three-year, $21 million contract extension, substantially less than what his then-current contract paid him. Claiming to feel insulted by the offer he publicly expressed outrage, declaring, "I have a family to feed." He declined the extension and the Timberwolves offered him nothing more. Having once more drawn the ire of fans and sports media, Sprewell had the worst season of his career in the final year of his contract. In the summer of 2005, the Denver Nuggets, Cleveland Cavaliers and Houston Rockets all expressed interest in signing Sprewell, but none ended up signing him.

One month into the 2005–06 season and without a contract, Sprewell's agent, Bob Gist, said his client would rather retire than play for the NBA minimum salary, telling Sports Illustrated, "Latrell doesn't need the money that badly. To go from being offered $7 million to taking $1 million, that would be a slap in the face." Several days later, Gist said that Sprewell planned to wait until "teams get desperate" around the trade deadline in February, and then sign with a contending team -an eventuality that never materialized for him. Gist said that Sprewell would not be interested in signing for any team's $5 million mid-level exception, calling that amount "a level beneath which [Sprewell] would not stoop or kneel!"

In March 2006, Sprewell was offered contracts by the Dallas Mavericks and San Antonio Spurs, both of whom were considered at the time to be strong favorites to win the NBA Championship, but Sprewell failed to respond and remained a free agent as the season came to a close. The Los Angeles Lakers also showed minimal interest in him at the start of that season, but nothing ever came of it.

7 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

Junior film was okay, but the light went on senior year, and it showed in his senior film. 

Well, thread was committed to another board, but for some reason, that didn’t work out so thread had to reopen the recruitment and look at new boards. Otherwise, a 5-star, 1,000 page thread. 2020 and 2021 should have rankings commensurate with their talent.

(Jeez, it feels odd writing about 20 fucking 20. I’m really old.)

Edited by Reese Bennett

1 hour ago, Walden Ponderer said:

Retyping and debating the sacred texts of Zoroastrianism are good for dozens of pages on their own.

Yet to be named DE and RB grad transfers?

Let's cut this young man some slack. 99% of posters here have no idea what its like to be recruited. Coaches who are for the most part good salesmen are trying to convince a 17 year old that he needs to come to their school. This young man like most recruits is being pulled in many different ways. Some may care about the young man and some may not. Maybe this young man has some character issues.  So did every one of us when we were 17.  We have kids in college that screw up.  Maybe he doesn't have a solid support system at home like most of us did.  This young man could turn out to be a lottery pick or could be a bench warmer for his entire career. No one knows until he has a chance to prove himself.

If he comes to Texas great. If he choses another school wish him well.

• Like 5
  • Fuck You 2

8 minutes ago, realgreggym said:

Let's cut this young man some slack. 99% of posters here have no idea what its like to be recruited. Coaches who are for the most part good salesmen are trying to convince a 17 year old that he needs to come to their school. This young man like most recruits is being pulled in many different ways. Some may care about the young man and some may not. Maybe this young man has some character issues.  So did every one of us when we were 17.  We have kids in college that screw up.  Maybe he doesn't have a solid support system at home like most of us did.  This young man could turn out to be a lottery pick or could be a bench warmer for his entire career. No one knows until he has a chance to prove himself.

If he comes to Texas great. If he choses another school wish him well.

Unless this is a troll job this is one of the most insanely retarded posts on the boards in some time. The reference to lottery pick leads me to think more mental retardation than troll job, though. 

• Like 3
  • Fuck You 5

7 minutes ago, deech said:

I feel like we have a good 40 pages of anti FWK hate in us if Shepard decommits.  1000 will be easy. 

Its going to be interesting to see what happens with catalon and then how this staff fills up with the transfer portal and grad transfers. 

I think this sentiment has also been expressed by others but I am openly rooting for FWK’s grifting to work and save the staff from a poor mental evaluation. This kid has Ryan Perrilouxand Fred Rouse written all over him at a position that does not create instant gratification. 

His decommitment to me will be good news. 

Edited by Newy25

56 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

Unless this is a troll job this is one of the most insanely retarded posts on the boards in some time. The reference to lottery pick leads me to think more mental retardation than troll job, though. 

Wrong, the difference is that I have an understanding of recruiting and you're a fucking idiot.  You have no clue about this young man other than what is regurgitated on this board. You have no clue about recruiting other than  what you read here. You're fooling yourself into thinking that you know far more than you actually do.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 4

25 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Well Shepherd's OV is over and no flip ( yet ).  Stay tuned.

This is pure speculation on my part

The flip already happened. It was way before this visit. Why do you think Hamm is so confident in it happening months ago? Usually Hamm is full of shit because the kids lie to him, but he knows what goes on with FWK recruits. But it’s not going to be announced until NSD. FWK gotta bet paid for a couple more visits. 

Bag lady has also been confident for months, because she knows the player has already been bought.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

This is pure speculation on my part

The flip already happened. It was way before this visit. Why do you think Hamm is so confident in it happening months ago? Usually Hamm is full of shit because the kids lie to him, but he knows what goes on with FWK recruits. But it’s not going to be announced until NSD. FWK gotta bet paid for a couple more visits. 

Bag lady has also been confident for months, because she knows the player has already been bought.

Could be. Bag hag has been super confident before and has been wrong. But I don’t remember the specifics of that recruit. 

6 minutes ago, realgreggym said:

Wrong, the difference is that I have an understanding of recruiting and you're a fucking idiot.  You have no clue about this young man other than what is regurgitated on this board. You have no clue about recruiting other than  what you read here. You're fooling yourself into thinking that you know far more than you actually do.

Nothing is better than when you low rep fucktards show up and start lecturing us on recruits.

• Like 2
  • Fuck You 4

21 minutes ago, realgreggym said:

U dnt ner shit.

• Fuck You 1

3 hours ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Will you guys shut the fuck up? You’re ruining our chances if FWK reads this thread. 

I just want to say to Footwork King, sir, I mean your highness, or your royal majesty, not everyone here thinks you are dirty. Please send us the good players, your highness. We beseech your, uh, royal wisdom, to, uh, trick impressionable young men into doing what you want and sending them to Texas. Thank you King of Footwork. 

giphy.gif

• Like 1