Texas recruiting notes 2019

bigup2dahorns

1 minute ago, DontTaseMeBro said:

I had completely dismissed Urquidez as well, but my team contact who told me about the Tyler and Braun commits told me that J.P. and Tope have taken to McKnight. No one is expecting either to start, but the team’s depth  isn’t in dire straits.

Seriously considering tasing you right now. 

• Like 4

43 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

The Kentucky rb in the portal is one we might look at.  This is third hand info from someone who knows Herman. 

Looks like he's a step down from Watson, but I'll take what we can get. Wish there was more footage of him catching passes out of the backfield, but after watching bits of their putrid offense last year, it wouldn't surprise me if their QB can't make those throws.

Edited by campcrunk

4 hours ago, DontTaseMeBro said:

I had completely dismissed Urquidez as well, but my team contact who alerted me of the Tyler and Braun commits ahead of public announcement told me I’ve been told that J.P. and Tope have taken to McKnight. No one is expecting either to start, but the team’s depth  isn’t in dire straits.

FIFY

FYI, next time if you want people to believe you simply start your post with “I’ve been told...” and you get immediate credibility.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, AndThenIWentToTexas said:

c4mp99h6hpl21.jpg

Didn't see this posted here yet. Looks like a RB to me...

7 hours ago, DontTaseMeBro said:

I’m just trying to get this board back to discussing the 2019 class again. 

Yes, the early returns on Tope, Angilau, Okafor, and even Urquidez are good. They may not reach on another OL now that Braun and Jackson are off of the board (not to mention that UT didn’t offer Proctor). I’m more concerned about RB depth, but Whittington looks like he belongs and KirkoGrinds is doing his best to win the Russell Gashamp Award.

McKnight>Jeff Madden + Bennie Wylie

Ya think?

4 hours ago, Sejjr said:

I am pretty shocked at that photo of Wittington. That does not look at all like a human that should still be in high school. Gruntled. 

4 hours ago, sushihorn said:

Is this right before he turns green and rips out of his practice jersey?

Was thinking "He most definitely has not been skipping HULK day with Yancy."

5 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

I’m certainly not, but you do you. 

Some things should just stay on Shaggy. We should all think of this as an opportunity to start fresh and learn from our mistakes. ** looks at the shit storm in this thread with half of it being nude pics like the final days of shaggy **  well ok then...

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, dad said:

Some things should just stay on Shaggy. We should all think of this as an opportunity to start fresh and learn from our mistakes. ** looks at the shit storm in this thread with half of it being nude pics like the final days of shaggy **  well ok then... 

tumblr_lpg9b3VuXM1qlh1s6o1_400.gif

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Sabalo said:

Hopefully this wrap-up will be a lot more fun to view after Herman's 5th year.

Well, the analysis is pretty rudimentary. If I had to guess, we had some above average years in the beginning of the 5 year analysis. We had a poor class in Herman's first year. And the last 2 classes were stellar. This means that the top UT talent is young and most of it hasn't even seen the field yet. Results from a recruiting class probably aren't seen for about 3 years.

12 minutes ago, Bevo said:

Well, the analysis is pretty rudimentary. If I had to guess, we had some above average years in the beginning of the 5 year analysis. We had a poor class in Herman's first year. And the last 2 classes were stellar. This means that the top UT talent is young and most of it hasn't even seen the field yet. Results from a recruiting class probably aren't seen for about 3 years.

Let's hope our won loss record is better than 5th in the conference.

34 minutes ago, Bevo said:

There's also the fact that we underperfomed and sucked shit through a straw for four out of the last five years, with a potato for a coach for most of it, and lost to kansas. But otherwise, yeah. Rudimentary analysis. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Bodacious Bevo said:

I remember not being that impressed by Wiley end of last spring. He was kind of dragging his feet and the only other contenders were UH and Mizzou. I'm glad the staff is smarter than me.

Well lets not get ahead of ourselves, maybe we can criticize the staff in a couple years.

Just now, Machinator said:

Cue the aggy "Radio 2" comments.

This is pretty awesome. Like I've said before, hopefully he gets to walk with his classmates at graduation and then completes his classwork at a pace that works for him. His recovery so far is nothing short of remarkable.

I have been very impressed with these early enrollees.   I think several of these young men are extremely mature, poised and great leaders, in addition to being potentially, some of these best players we have had here on the 40 acres, in several years.  Having these young men here in the spring, gives them the opportunity to get playing time as freshmen, and becoming leaders of this team in the years to come.  This is important.  Having leaders push the newcomers and others, will give us a winning championship team in no time.  Kudos to our coaches in securing these player's service.