Texas recruiting notes 2019

bigup2dahorns

1 hour ago, texifornia said:

Tillman seems super bought in. The only OOS guy I have even a bit of nerves about is Houston, but that's entirely based on one errant Tweet.

I hear ya, but I am going to be holding my breath until Smith, Floyd, and Liebrock are all signed. They all seem solid, but they are top talents who schools will be chasing until the end.

9 minutes ago, RockyMountainHighHorn said:

There's a 24/7 article saying sanders can commit at any point?

An early-enrollee who plans on graduating from IMG Academy in December, there is no timetable for a decision that could come "at any point." He told 247Sports the early signing window in December is "looking" like the most likely scenario. 

Read into that how you will. 

35 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

"Right now it's looking like (December) signing day but if I go on an official and I end up loving it, and I feel like it's home, then I'll probably commit right there," he said. "I can commit at any point."

So after we beat OU

The same guy put out 2 articles about Sanders today

No. 1 RB Trey Sanders: 'I can commit at any point'

Spoiler

BRADENTON, Fla. -- After helping Bradenton (Fla.) IMG Academy get back in the win column over Miami (Fla.) Northwestern on Saturday evening, undeclared five-star running back prospect Trey Sanders gave 247Sports the latest on his college football recruitment.

The 6-foot, 214-pound prospect has taken one official visit to this point, to the University of Texas, and has plans on taking the remainder of the allotted official visits before making a final decision. Just one of those trips is currently set up and it's to the program he was once verbally committed to, Alabama.

Nick Saban and his coaching staff don't often bring up the pledge that extended from April of 2016 through New Year's Day 2018.

"They understand the situation and things like that, but at the end of the day they want me at the University of Alabama," Sanders said. "That's the message pretty much, 'whatever you do, we want you here, first-year playing.'

"'Bama is just different man, y'all have seen it, they just know how to turn a five-star player into an NFL player, they develop players very good. I'm going to 'Bama for the Iron Bowl, that's going to be one of my officials."

Remaining official visits, or even unofficial visits for that matter, won't be easy with the rigors of IMG Academy's schedule and potential Saturday game's like he played in this weekend. It could mean trips on top of one another in December, before enrolling at his program of choice in January.

"Right now it's kind of hard with our schedule so my last three officials may be after the season, honestly," he said. "It's going to be quick. It's as I go. Like the weekend I took the official visit to Texas, our game was cancelled and I found out that they were playing USC on my birthday so I thought it was a good chance to see it."

The other campus he has been on this month is at the University of Florida, where his older brother Umstead Sanders plays linebacker.

"For my brother, it's been amazing just watching him develop," Sanders said. "He's always happy, when he was at JUCO and he would call me he was kind of sad. I'm happy with Florida taking care of him, developing him and I promise in two years he's going to be in the league."

When asked which programs had a shot in his recruitment and with the remaining visits, Florida, Florida State, Miami, Georgia, Alabama, LSU, Oklahoma, Texas and Tennessee were each brought up. The No. 1 running back in the country says each coaching staff has been relentless with attention, too. He couldn't isolate those recruiting him hardest at this point.

"I don't know, every coaching staff texts me every day," Sanders said. "It's hard to separate them, especially right now. It's been hard."

The final call could be made while on a program's campus or it could extend to the initial signing period from December 19-21.

2COMMENTS

"Right now it's looking like (December) signing day but if I go on an official and I end up loving it, and I feel like it's home, then I'll probably commit right there," he said. "I can commit at any point."

Sanders is currently considered the top running back prospect in the class of 2019 both within the industry-generated 247Sports Composite as well as on 247Sports. He is a top 10 prospect among seniors regardless of projected position.

5-star RB Trey Sanders looks back at Texas official visit

Spoiler

BRADENTON, Fla. -- Following the defeat of Miami (Fla.) Northwestern High School on Saturday evening, to which he put his team ahead for good with a 66-yard punt return for a touchdown return late in the first quarter, Trey Sanders was all smiles when talking about the college football recruiting process.

The Bradenton (Fla.) IMG Academy running back paused for a minute when looking back at one particularly important part of it -- his official visit to Texas.

In town to see the program's 37-14 win over USC earlier this month, the five-star prospect admitted his sole official visit to this point set a high mark ahead of similar trips ahead to other programs high on his list.

"Unbelievable," Sanders said. "For me, going out to Texas for my first official, my family kind of wants me to stay close to home, but just going out there and having all of that for the first time to get a feel was amazing. 103,000 people showed up to the game so I got a full experience."

The trip for the 6-foot, 214-pound tailback to Austin was not something set up for a long time or even weeks. It materialized after hurricane weather affected the Southeast, particularly an opponent's opportunity to travel down to face IMG.

"Our game was cancelled that week and I found out that they were playing USC on my birthday so I thought it was a good chance to see it," he said. "They had pictures taken for me and when we went out to eat they had birthday stuff for me there."

The highlight of the official visit, in addition to the game experience, was the extended time with the Longhorn associate head coach and run game coordinator.

"Coach Stan Drayton and that resume," Sanders said with a smile. "Just sitting down and talking to him, coach Drayton just wants what's best for you."

In addition to Texas, the top tailback said Florida, Florida State, Miami, Georgia, Alabama, LSU, Oklahoma and Tennessee remain in the mix for his services to some degree. The UT visit was the only official he has taken to this point and only one more -- to Alabama for the game against Auburn the weekend of November 24 -- is set at this point. Additional trips are likely to take place after the football season.

1COMMENTS

An early-enrollee who plans on graduating from IMG Academy in December, there is no timetable for a decision that could come "at any point." He told 247Sports the early signing window in December is "looking" like the most likely scenario.

Sanders is currently considered the top running back prospect in the class of 2019 both within the industry-generated 247Sports Composite as well as on 247Sports. He is a top 10 prospect among seniors regardless of projected position.