Texas recruiting notes 2019

bigup2dahorns

They will take Johnson and Cooper. Cooper hasn’t been all that interested, but they’re not giving up on him. It’s a Carrington recruitment and he’s hoping for an Ossai kind of deal. 

Regarding Johnson, they wanted to hold off on the visit. He wants to come now. Fuck it. They’re in high cotton if they get him and get Cooper to actually visit. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Green is the only other recruit I'd want.

I think Owens will be better than Richardson. 

Their class ranking is based on quantity, not quality. 

https://247sports.com/college/texas-am/Season/2019-Football/Commits/

Braden Mowry is no slouch, but I don't think he will ever look anywhere else. Cupp would be nice if UT didn't already have 2 TE's committed. It would be interesting to see what Orlando could mold Christian Harris into. 

1 hour ago, oh_snap said:

I'm betting Wright. I feel like Demani was making pro-aggy/ anti-Texas statements recently. Wright has been pretty quiet since he committed (out of nowhere).

Out of the loop, what’s going on? An A&M kid reached out to Herman? How do we know? 

3 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

I assume they'll promote Ruffin McNeill for the rest of the season. So expect exactly more of the same. 

They'll never admit it, but OU is basically peak Leach Era Tech right now. 

Holy shit just saw on dirt burglars someone say that Tim Kisch is taking over?!  Lulz if true his LB unit has been terrible.

Edited by Elmer_Fudd

2 hours ago, Tired of Lurking said:

Wright and Demas have to be seeing that our coaches actually game plan for big receivers and aren't just throwing up prayer balls to Kendrick Rogers. All of that guys' targets are circus catches. He's gonna get hurt this season. 

Agree, both ljh and cj have twice as many catches as rogers. Hell, he us barely the fourth option on his own team, and, as you say, is barely schemed around.

Having said that, if their hand is out, and being filled by a&m, actual reality and results don't make a shit.

Edited by pacman

It for sure has been. Not as much this year, though. Kid has been playing tall, and physical. He's getting heavy contact and grabbing on some of these routes where he's still catching. I've had to eat some crow from my thoughts on him coming into this season. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is his 3rd season and literally the first time he's used his size consistently...and only for the last 4 games. If he balls out against Baylor, ISU and Kansas the same way he did for the big name teams, he might be on his way to a decent draft round.

4 hours ago, PNWhornsfan said:

I'm sure the Aggy commit was probably someone like Kenyon Jackson.  Rumored to be wavering, lower rated WR who likely sees what LHJ and CJ are doing, and he is HS teammates with Watson.

This makes even more sense when you consider Kenyatta could be potentially recruiting him all the time since he's on the same team. The only ones I would look at is Leal or Green. Hopefully we hear more about this soon. 

1 hour ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

I could maybe see Green reaching out if he's taking notice of how his former teammate Cosmi is playing while the aggy OL is still trash.

I want this to be true so bad even though I highly doubt it. Green flipping would trigger the fuck out of aggy way more than leal or Wright would.