Texas recruiting notes 2019

bigup2dahorns

He may tell himself and others that he is helping kids in a spirit of charity, but one can’t escape noticing that he seems focused on helping not the marginal 3* guys in danger of failing to land a scholarship but rather blue chip guys who have a higher possibility of inspiring ‘gratitude’ from boosters and of becoming paying NFL clients.
Well, yeah..that's commonly referred to as "good business sense".

2 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Then slide into his DM's.  We don't need it in this thread.

Na I'm not that curious. I just thought if you're going to accuse some posters of being inadvertently racist that you would explain why you think that is the case so they learn from their mistakes. I agree though its best that it just dies here before some distasteful material is posted that can be used against the fan base.

If Dr. James Andrews really wants to be respected as a legitimate professional at the top of his field in the sports world, he really should start referring to himself as Sawbones King, or SBK for short.  Otherwise people on the internet might think he’s some kind of shady character.
Healing bones king? HBK....

I feel like the term “king” is inadvertently masculine and reinforces the male-centric rape culture that is so prevalent.  Additionally, labeling oneself as the “footwork king” is ableist and excludes the handicapped from NFL-caliber training, thus oppressing them.  

We should all strive to be inclusive and not oppressing our recruits based on perceived race, gender, or ability.

Edited by Richter
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Richter said:

I feel like the term “king” is inadvertently masculine and reinforces the male-centric rape culture that is so prevalent.  Additionally, by labeling oneself as the “footwork king” is ableist and excludes the handicapped from NFL-caliber training, thus oppressing them.  

We should all strive to be inclusive and not oppressing our recruits based on perceived race, gender, or ability.

The Footwork King is dead; long live the Footwork King...?

1 minute ago, Tired of Lurking said:

I'm a liberal PC snowflake and even I am having a hard time figuring out what was inadvertently racist. 

You have received one pussy hat demerit. Please proceed to your safe space and think about how you could have been more vigilant in monitoring racism in your interpretation of ignorant message board posters. I would like a full thesis of your path forward on my desk by tomorrow morning for which you will receive a participation trophy for your efforts. 

• Like 4

Looks like we have 11 commits in the updated ESPN 300, 6 of whom are in the top 100:

16) Tyler Johnson
39) Jordan Whittington
57) De'Gabriel Floyd
75) Jake Smith
86) Roschon Johnson
89) Kenyatta Watson
193) Derrian Brown
200) David Gbenda
247) Marcus Tillman
260) Demariyon Houston
287) Brayden Liebrock
I feel like Floyd should be a bit higher, but maybe that's just my bias. He seems like a JR/SR college player still trapped in HS.

1 minute ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Where has Looch been lately?  That dude was tweeting like crazy about Texas after the Maryland loss and was all giddy on texags.  Haven't seen a peep since the win streak.

He has the best business model in the world. Pump sunshine to Gomer and shit talk Texas.  They pay him for that and whatever propaganda and info the staff has.  

• Like 2