Texas recruiting notes 2019

3 hours ago, irishtexan said:

Did anyone notice whether or not roschon was standing by the other QBs when the TV camera panned to him? I hear that’s the only definitive way to project a QBs long-term potential.

Thats hilarious. What you call standing, i call learning. Something young QBs are supposed to do. 

Osmosis at that position doesn't work. 

54 minutes ago, CastHorn said:

That DB from Cali that we are looking at is putting on a show at the All American Bowl. Acrobatic Interceptions & very fluid hips. At 6ft 180 he’d be a nice nickel replacement. 

His 3 star is going to star shining a little brighter.

If he follows his cousin to Austin AND gets a ratings bump, there will be whining...

Hope it happens.

1 hour ago, Reese Bennett said:

1) He likes the Nellie Belly Rub

2) He looked like a Varsity DT who they allowed to play DE for JV games.

3) He doesn't have the explosion that you would want for a DE, but he looks big and could be massive after a couple of years in college, he's a smart player, and loves the game. Happy to have him aboard.

2 hours ago, Napoleon said:

His 3 star is going to star shining a little brighter.

If he follows his cousin to Austin AND gets a ratings bump, there will be whining...

Hope it happens.

more on this dude from TFloss + what I grabbed:

24/7 reporting Texas is giving a harder look at ATH McKel Broussard of Sherman Oaks, CA because they're struggling to make a late move with S Jalen Catalon.

He is the cousin of LB De'Gabriel Floyd.

https://247sports.com/Player/McKel-Broussard-46050702/

*Current Offer list per 247 is Eastern Washington, FAU and Rice - his twitter is too hard to follow/look for more offers

Jr Hudl: https://www.hudl.com/video/3/2565608/5a07db5b0c53f60bcccb27ec

Sr Hudl: https://www.hudl.com/video/3/2565608/5c09f91ba677eb17408bc5f9

more info from here: https://www.recruitingnewsguru.com/top-uncommitted-2019-california-3-star-talents-still-on-recruiting-boards/ 

RB/ATH McKel Broussard (6-0, 185) – Notre Dame High School, Sherman Oaks

Playing against tough Mission League competition and with a full-house backfield, McKel Broussard may not have been able to fully showcase his overall athletic skills, but rest assured he is a talented speedy play-maker. Off 40 carries he covered 226 yards with six rushing scores and pulled in 35 passes for 376 yards with another score going up on the board. He also played in the Knights’ secondary tallying 39 stops, three tackles for a loss, and picked off five passes. He took five kicks back for 101 yards and three punts for 53 yards. Surprisingly, just three reported offers have gone out: Florida Atlantic, Eastern Washington, and Rice.

10 minutes ago, NoName said:

more on this dude from TFloss + what I grabbed:

24/7 reporting Texas is giving a harder look at ATH McKel Broussard of Sherman Oaks, CA because they're struggling to make a late move with S Jalen Catalon.

He is the cousin of LB De'Gabriel Floyd.

https://247sports.com/Player/McKel-Broussard-46050702/

*Current Offer list per 247 is Eastern Washington, FAU and Rice - his twitter is too hard to follow/look for more offers

Jr Hudl: https://www.hudl.com/video/3/2565608/5a07db5b0c53f60bcccb27ec

Sr Hudl: https://www.hudl.com/video/3/2565608/5c09f91ba677eb17408bc5f9

more info from here: https://www.recruitingnewsguru.com/top-uncommitted-2019-california-3-star-talents-still-on-recruiting-boards/ 

PWO 

short IT comment on Catalon:

Spoiler

partial question from poster: Has Catalon's situation changed substantively in you opinion or is he still bound for arkie?

EN: I haven’t heard of anything on Catalon since last night’s game.

more IT stuff on Bru (if you are interested)

Spoiler

partial question from poster: Eric...do you and other mod here disagree on whether Bru has signed, or is there now unanimity that he has not yet signed?

EN: If he signed they’re misleading Texas. They would have more reason to mislead reporters than Texas.

///

Q: If Texas is in contact post signing NLI, I assume its a violation of some kind (I would think). I assume if Texas is in contact then it means he hasnt signed anything binding. I dont think the parents would mis-lead the school of choice (even if at one point) to commit a violation?

EN: Yeah, I don’t think he signed.

///

EN in another thread: Texas was trailing after his OV. The plan was to beat Georgia and make a final push. 

So, that means he can’t be signed to either school. I trust that my info is right.

Anything beyond that is probably a waste of time at this point.

///

from a poster:

Comments from Bru McCoy to a usc rivals reporter.

"People started reaching out to me come signing day, trying to influence me like, 'Go here, sign here.' And a lot of them were telling me, like, I was getting kids [saying] 'Don't sign here. No matter what you do, I'm here, don't do it, you don't want to be here.' ... You wouldn't expect somebody to tell you not to come to their school. But at the same time, you appreciate the honesty."

So what was the final crystallizing moment that put McCoy at ease about his decision?

"I got just some news," he said. "I got some news and heard some words through the grapevine and made my choice."

You know what time it is.

• Like 1

I THINK this is the updated Roster Table.

yellow highlight = potential transfers or guys in the portal (QBs) 

red highlight = Hudson, who is a big question mark based on health and Kirk Johnson who as far as we know will be back but may trip over the 10 yard line and have another injury sadly

spoiler'd for those of you who don't care.

Spoiler

nWqfjO.png

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, NoName said:

short IT comment on Catalon:

Hide contents

partial question from poster: Has Catalon's situation changed substantively in you opinion or is he still bound for arkie?

EN: I haven’t heard of anything on Catalon since last night’s game.

more IT stuff on Bru (if you are interested)

Hide contents

partial question from poster: Eric...do you and other mod here disagree on whether Bru has signed, or is there now unanimity that he has not yet signed?

EN: If he signed they’re misleading Texas. They would have more reason to mislead reporters than Texas.

///

Q: If Texas is in contact post signing NLI, I assume its a violation of some kind (I would think). I assume if Texas is in contact then it means he hasnt signed anything binding. I dont think the parents would mis-lead the school of choice (even if at one point) to commit a violation?

EN: Yeah, I don’t think he signed.

///

EN in another thread: Texas was trailing after his OV. The plan was to beat Georgia and make a final push. 

So, that means he can’t be signed to either school. I trust that my info is right.

Anything beyond that is probably a waste of time at this point.

///

from a poster:

"People started reaching out to me come signing day, trying to influence me like, 'Go here, sign here.' And a lot of them were telling me, like, I was getting kids [saying] 'Don't sign here. No matter what you do, I'm here, don't do it, you don't want to be here.' ... You wouldn't expect somebody to tell you not to come to their school. But at the same time, you appreciate the honesty."

So what was the final crystallizing moment that put McCoy at ease about his decision?

"I got just some news," he said. "I got some news and heard some words through the grapevine and made my choice."

You know what time it is.

If those are actual quotes from Bru, I highly doubt it was Texas players telling him not to come here.

he gonna shock the surl.

55 minutes ago, NoName said:

red highlight = Hudson, who is a big question mark based on health and Kirk Johnson who as far as we know will be back but may trip over the 10 yard line and have another injury sadly

Hide contents

nWqfjO.png

Any news on Demarco Boyd?  Last i looked his twitter still says Texas LB. Hadnt heard hed gone anywhere else?  

Any chance on a return?  Or is he toast?

1 hour ago, utfan87 said:

PWO 

No chance we will get Broussard as a PWO. He’s performing well at the All American practices so he’s probably about to get more offers. There is also confusion over his offer list. When we showed interest in Broussard earlier in the year Mike Roach told me he had more offers than what is listed on 247. 

We should offer him because he can play several positions in the secondary, slot and has the potential to be a return guy. 

Edited by texasstrong12

1 minute ago, texasstrong12 said:

No chance we will get Broussard as a PWO. He’s performing well at the All American practices so he’s probably about to get more offers. There is also confusion over his offer list. When we showed interest in Broussard earlier in the year Mike Roach told me he had more offers than what is listed on 247. 

We should offer him because he can play several positions in the secondary, slot and has the potential to be a return guy. 

From those stats avg 5.7 yd/carry and a shade under 11 yd/catch. That doesn't exactly scream elite. 

10 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

Didn't he have some grades issues or am I misremembering?

7 minutes ago, utfan87 said:

From those stats avg 5.7 yd/carry and a shade under 11 yd/catch. That doesn't exactly scream elite. 

He’s not elite. Late offers like Broussard are guys you offer at positions of need and have upside. 

I bet Mississippi State, Ole Miss and Boise State will offer once the All American game is over. 

Edited by texasstrong12

3 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Didn't he have some grades issues or am I misremembering?

No clue but his offer list is odd. That’s why I asked Roach about it. If you watch his clips from some of these summer camps he should have more offers. 

Wiltfong has posted a couple clips from the All American practices where he’s intercepted a few passes. 

Edited by texasstrong12

So we either get bru or it’s confirmed(or is it?) that we have players saying they don’t want to be here? That’s just adding salt to the wound....again. Just don’t imagine any players saying that here,f it would make more sense at USC. If I had to guess anyone, it would be rising but I sure hope not. 

Spoiler nWqfjO.png

Very unbalanced roster. Need the 2019 class to help get it better aligned. Hope some of those guys are ready to play.

1 hour ago, NorLa Horns said:

Any news on Demarco Boyd?  Last i looked his twitter still says Texas LB. Hadnt heard hed gone anywhere else?  

Any chance on a return?  Or is he toast?

IT a few weeks ago

Spoiler

JW: He’s no longer with the team.

EN: I don't expect him to be on the roster next year.

As my previous post implied:  If we are still able talk to Bru it means one of two things:

1. He's signed an NLI with us.

2. He hasn't signed an NLI with anybody.

If he has signed an NLI, he's required to immediately inform any coach from another institution that contacts him and end the conversation.  All institutions that are not the NLI school must immediately stop recruiting him upon learning of his NLI.  Even accidental contact could be a reason for sanctions. 

If the mother informed a member of the staff that he signed with USC, the recruitment is over.  Period. 

Also, the 9.95ers don't know shit.

Edited by Bateshorn
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

Assuming 2 yellows and 0 reds stay, that's 54 scholarship players.  Plus 22 on NSD1 equals 76.

But I think there will be some more transfer attrition plus LJH leaving.

Ljh isn't leaving. Was quoted saying we aren't back yet got another season and a lot of work to get done 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, utfan87 said:

Ljh isn't leaving. Was quoted saying we aren't back yet got another season and a lot of work to get done 

A certain Texas quarterback also said he was coming back once upon a time 

His status depends on draft feedback

Roach claimed Broussard had more offers and that his profile would be updated. Never happened.

Broussard claimed in this interview that Wazzu and UCLA were showing serious interest / close to offering, that he really liked Rice, and that he'd commit + sign in December. None of that ever happened either.

Weird.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NoName said:

O Really? That is some 4D Chess right there. Mensa

3 hours ago, NoName said:

My heart wants to believe that this is someone from USC. My head is furiously trying to figure out which players have been in touch with him from our side.