Texas recruiting notes 2019

bigup2dahorns

The early signing period is a blessing and a curse. We lock up our guys, but the Sugar Bowl win will help much more with 2020 than 2019.

Grad transfers should be beating down the doors to get in. Texas should be able to fill every hole in the roster with quality 4 year Division 1 players. 

The win in theory should lock up Shepherd (theoretically) and keep Rising or Thompson in the boat. 

It'll be interesting to see what happens with Buechele. God bless him for staying so long. He knows he's not going to play in the NFL, I really don't see the upside in him playing somewhere else. If he loves football and wants to play, I'll understand if he leaves. 

Edited by billfromlaketravis
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

The early signing period is a blessing and a curse. We lock up our guys, but the Sugar Bowl win will help much more with 2020 than 2019.

Grad transfers should be beating down the doors to get in. Texas should be able to fill every hole in the roster with quality 4 year college players. 

The win in theory should lock up Shepherd (theoretically) and keep Rising or Thompson in the boat. 

It'll be interesting to see what happens with Buechele. God bless him for staying so long. He knows he's not going to play in the NFL, I really don't see the upside in him playing somewhere else. If he loves football and wants to play, I'll understand if he leaves. 

I don't think the win locks up Shepherd but hopefully helps a lot. Losing to UGA and A&M blowing out another (hapless, unranked) team wouldn't be great.

Grad transfers should be beating down the doors to get in. Texas should be able to fill every hole in the roster with quality 4 year Division 1 players. 

Bill. Buechele ain’t leaving

E.J. Holland: Recruits react to UT's Sugar Bowl win over Georgia

RB Deondrick Glass, Katy — “Texas looking good! Defense wins championships. Texas just beat a very good Georgia team. Impressive! Texas can very easily be in the playoffs next year if they play like this all of next season. Great win.”

WR Marcus Washington, Trinity Catholic (MO) — “This is just the beginning. We can play with anyone.”

WR Kennedy Lewis, Melissa — “It was a well-deserved game. They came out hard, and it started with Bevo.”

WR Troy Omeire, FB Austin (2020) — “It was a great win. LJ (Humphrey) and Collin (Johnson) made big plays when needed, and the defense did their thing. It was a great team win.”

WR Ryan King, Grayson (GA) (2020) — “After I saw the video of Bevo and Uga, I already knew how the game was going to go out. Texas just wanted it more.”

WR Latrell Neville, FB Willowridge (2021) — “This goes to show you that the BEST team in the Big 12 can play in the SEC.”

TE Jared Wiley, Temple — “Texas is back.”

TE DJ Rogers, Eastside Catholic (WA) (2020) — “I was very impressed with how they came out fast and physical. Their QB is nice, and I like what they are doing at Texas.”

OL Chad Lindberg, Clear Creek (2020) — “Big win against the second best team in the country. Good to see Texas able to pull off a win no one thought they could.”

OL Jaylen Garth, Port Neches-Groves (2020) — “Texas made Georgia not want to play anymore. Period.”

OL Geirean Hatchett, Ferndale (WA) (2020) — “That was a really good win for the Texas program. They came out ready to play and dominated early. It was good to see that level of physicality.”

OL Logan Parr, SA O’Connor (2020) — Texas’ win against Georgia is a big testament to what Coach (Tom) Herman has done and will continue to do with the program.”

OL Erick Cade, Denton Braswell (2021) — “It was a great way to end on a high note.”

OL Donovan Jackson, Bellaire Episcopal (2021) — “I can’t say I saw this coming. This was definitely a wake up call to reevaluate my recruitment. I always thought of Texas highly, but this is a win that I needed to reassure myself in what Coach (Tom) Herman is building.”

DL T’Vondre Sweat, Huntsville — “Yes, we’re back. Can’t wait to get there and win a championship. TEXAS IS BACK!”

DL Peter Mpagi, George Ranch — “SEC”

DL Myron Warren, Many (La.) — “Awesome win by Texas. Hook Em nation.”

DL Tunmise Adeleye, Katy Tompkins (2021) — “Texas is back, baby. The team came out and proved Big 12 schools can hang with and even beat SEC schools.”

LB De’Gabriel Floyd, Westlake (Calif.) — “That’s what happens when we play with that fire.”

LB David Gbenda, Katy Cinco Ranch — “Future19 on the horizon.”

LB Caleb Johnson, Fllerton College — “What we needed.”

CB Kenyatta Watson II, Grayson (GA) — “I mean, it was exactly what I expected. Georgia came out with a strong run game and tried to use it to its advantage, but I think we had too much of a bad taste in our mouth from the Big 12 championship loss. We were too hungry to lose, and it showed.”

S Chris Adimora, Mayfair (Calif.) — “I mean, I had faith in our guys going in. They just executed everything perfectly.”

S Tyler Owens, Plano East — “I knew it. I stand behind my boys no matter the circumstances.”

ATH Michael Henderson, Carrollton Ranchview (2020) — “I knew they were going to win. I had them pulling it off. I think Texas is back, in my opinion, and the future is bright.”

ATH Joel Williams, Madison Prep (La.) (2020) — “I didn’t know Texas was going to come out strong like that, but that was the best game to me.”

ATH Jovan Ferguson, St. Thomas Aquinas (Fla.) (2020) — “I knew Texas was going to win flat out, but Georgia played a well hard fought game. But you know, Longhorns up, baby.”

• Like 8

32 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

I want it to have an impact on OL/DL guys for 2020.

sorry to see the seniors go but we have to get a lot better on the OL.  guys like angilau and tyler johnson and christian jones and kerstetter and all the rest of them too need to get bigger and meaner than we’ve been in a long time.  gotta get the running game more consistent.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

Just now, futureman said:

sorry to see the seniors go but we have to get a lot better on the OL.  guys like angilau and tyler johnson and christian jones and kerstetter and all the rest of them too need to get bigger and meaner than we’ve been in a long time.  gotta get the running game more consistent.

Kersetter at center. Shack at guard.

I want to believe UFO meme. 

40 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Bru already in the transfer portal

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, satyanash said:

Hide contents

RB Deondrick Glass, Katy — “Texas looking good! Defense wins championships. Texas just beat a very good Georgia team. Impressive! Texas can very easily be in the playoffs next year if they play like this all of next season. Great win.”

WR Marcus Washington, Trinity Catholic (MO) — “This is just the beginning. We can play with anyone.”

WR Kennedy Lewis, Melissa — “It was a well-deserved game. They came out hard, and it started with Bevo.”

WR Troy Omeire, FB Austin (2020) — “It was a great win. LJ (Humphrey) and Collin (Johnson) made big plays when needed, and the defense did their thing. It was a great team win.”

WR Ryan King, Grayson (GA) (2020) — “After I saw the video of Bevo and Uga, I already knew how the game was going to go out. Texas just wanted it more.”

WR Latrell Neville, FB Willowridge (2021) — “This goes to show you that the BEST team in the Big 12 can play in the SEC.”

TE DJ Rogers, Eastside Catholic (WA) (2020) — “I was very impressed with how they came out fast and physical. Their QB is nice, and I like what they are doing at Texas.”

OL Chad Lindberg, Clear Creek (2020) — “Big win against the second best team in the country. Good to see Texas able to pull off a win no one thought they could.”

OL Jaylen Garth, Port Neches-Groves (2020) — “Texas made Georgia not want to play anymore. Period.”

OL Geirean Hatchett, Ferndale (WA) (2020) — “That was a really good win for the Texas program. They came out ready to play and dominated early. It was good to see that level of physicality.”

OL Logan Parr, SA O’Connor (2020) — Texas’ win against Georgia is a big testament to what Coach (Tom) Herman has done and will continue to do with the program.”

OL Erick Cade, Denton Braswell (2021) — “It was a great way to end on a high note.”

OL Donovan Jackson, Bellaire Episcopal (2021) — “I can’t say I saw this coming. This was definitely a wake up call to reevaluate my recruitment. I always thought of Texas highly, but this is a win that I needed to reassure myself in what Coach (Tom) Herman is building.”

DL T’Vondre Sweat, Huntsville — “Yes, we’re back. Can’t wait to get there and win a championship. TEXAS IS BACK!”

DL Tunmise Adeleye, Katy Tompkins (2021) — “Texas is back, baby. The team came out and proved Big 12 schools can hang with and even beat SEC schools.”

LB De’Gabriel Floyd, Westlake (Calif.) — “That’s what happens when we play with that fire.”

CB Kenyatta Watson II, Grayson (GA) — “I mean, it was exactly what I expected. Georgia came out with a strong run game and tried to use it to its advantage, but I think we had too much of a bad taste in our mouth from the Big 12 championship loss. We were too hungry to lose, and it showed.”

S Chris Adimora, Mayfair (Calif.) — “I mean, I had faith in our guys going in. They just executed everything perfectly.”

S Tyler Owens, Plano East — “I knew it. I stand behind my boys no matter the circumstances.”

ATH Michael Henderson, Carrollton Ranchview (2020) — “I knew they were going to win. I had them pulling it off. I think Texas is back, in my opinion, and the future is bright.”

ATH Joel Williams, Madison Prep (La.) (2020) — “I didn’t know Texas was going to come out strong like that, but that was the best game to me.”

ATH Jovan Ferguson, St. Thomas Aquinas (Fla.) (2020) — “I knew Texas was going to win flat out, but Georgia played a well hard fought game. But you know, Longhorns up, baby.”

I like the Michael Henderson quote. That is a Dallas area kid, who many have pegged as being all blowu. Maybe he ends up there but there was more in that quote and his feelings for Texas than boiler plate. I take that as a good sign in 2020.

46 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Not sure what shane wants but if I were him,  I would try to grad transfer to Rice. High likelihood that he would be in the mix to start and then can get a prestigious masters.  Then catch on coaching somewhere. I'm up in the air about wanting him to return because I want to see the backups get reps but he may remain the best prepared backup we have in a bullpen situation. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Butch Had Not said:

Not sure what shane wants but if I were him,  I would try to grad transfer to Rice. High likelihood that he would be in the mix to start and then can get a prestigious masters.  Then catch on coaching somewhere. I'm up in the air about wanting him to return because I want to see the backups get reps but he may remain the best prepared backup we have in a bullpen situation. 

That's some professional career counselor level advice. A free MBA from Rice would pretty, pretty sweet. 

I love Shane's commitment, but I'm ready to see what Rising can do in live game reps. 

Again due diligence. Mater Dei players are fleeing California in mass and Texas picks the one, the only, player that wants to stay home. 

Hey Bru, it's Drew Mehringer. What's your dream school and where do you see yourself living after football?

Bru: Southern California. 

Mehringer rushes to tell to Herman he has a live one on the line. 

Edited by billfromlaketravis
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, satyanash said:

Hide contents

I imagine this win means a lot for Watson and Derrian Brown.  Confident in their decision, they'll spend the rest of the school year strutting through the halls knowing we got the best of Georgia.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, futureman said:

We just ran for 200 yards against Georgia in the Sugar Bowl. 

• Like 1