Texas recruiting notes 2019

bigup2dahorns

5 minutes ago, satyanash said:

People took issue with the Clemson part of that statement, not the Georgia one haha

People took it as if i meant we have the same quality linemen these teams do. I just meant we're only a couple years away from being competitive with them, even Clemson IMO. Clemson's last 4 recruiting classes rank 11, 16,  7, and 5. Let's not act like they're way out of reach.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Butch Had Not said:

Not sure what shane wants but if I were him,  I would try to grad transfer to Rice. High likelihood that he would be in the mix to start and then can get a prestigious masters.  Then catch on coaching somewhere. I'm up in the air about wanting him to return because I want to see the backups get reps but he may remain the best prepared backup we have in a bullpen situation. 

If Shane wants to be a coach the best place for him  is on Texas sideline helping a heisman candidate , watching Mensa work , while the team wins a sugar bowl and whatever we got next year. 

7 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Again due diligence. Mater Dei players are fleeing California in mass and Texas picks the one, the only, player that wants to stay home. 

Hey Bru, it's Drew Mehringer. What's your dream school and where do you see yourself living after football?

Bru: Southern California. 

Mehringer rushes to tell to Herman he has a live one on the line. 

They can't even wait for the service to be over? Probably Notre Dame guys.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, thepop said:

People took it as if i meant we have the same quality linemen these teams do. I just meant we're only a couple years away from being competitive with them, even Clemson IMO. Clemson's last 4 recruiting classes rank 11, 16,  7, and 5. Let's not act like they're way out of reach.

I'll go a step further and say Alabama isn't far ahead of everybody else either. Does anybody really trust these sites to be accurate enough in their evaluations to say that a class they rank 1st is on another level from the 10th ranked class or so?

Edited by Bevo14

18 minutes ago, thepop said:

Clemson has super-low attrition, though - so their talent level is higher than their recruiting rankings suggest (because they have smaller classes). I think they are at a different level than other non-Bama contenders.

EDIT: low attrition also means mature players that have had more time to grow in their system

Edited by lulz

2 minutes ago, Bevo14 said:

I'll go a step further and say Alabama isn't far ahead of everybody else either. Does anybody really trust these sites to be accurate enough in their evaluations to say that a class they rank 1st is on another level from the 10th ranked class or so?

yeah, this isn't the case. Bama (and tOSU) are way ahead of everyone else on this front - going into the 2018 season.

also, you make the perfect point why people should use the composite ratings/rankings, not one individual site's ratings/rankings

Blue Chip Ratio article

Put simply, teams who win the title sign more four- and five-star recruits than two- and three-stars over the previous four signing classes.

This has been true for about as far back as modern recruiting rankings can be tracked.

It’s easy to think of the stat as the percentage of four- and five-stars signed by a team, out of total signees. Generally, teams whose signees are less than 50 percent blue-chips over the previous four years can’t be considered national title contenders.

Before we look at 2018’s updated rankings, it’s worth it to add a disclaimer:

This metric is quite useful for determining which teams have signed elite talent. It is not the most useful for differentiating between bad and below average teams, or below average and average. Some teams simply do not have much of a shot of signing elite prospects and instead try to find diamonds in the rough. That’s a strategy that can produce wins and conference titles, though perhaps not Playoff rings.

I think coaching and development are extremely important in college football. But talent acquisition is by far the most important element when trying to compete for the sport’s biggest prize. By NCAA rule, coaches get just 20 hours per week with their players. Only so much development can be done.

nlI3al.png

9 minutes ago, Bevo14 said:

Clemson does it differently, they're the exception

I trust even the recruiting evaluator morons to be able to tell the difference in prospects in the #1 and #10 classes. If it were something closer, like the difference between the #3 and #5 class, then I think you'd have a point 

8 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Again due diligence. Mater Dei players are fleeing California in mass and Texas picks the one, the only, player that wants to stay home. 

Hey Bru, it's Drew Mehringer. What's your dream school and where do you see yourself living after football?

Bru: Southern California. 

Mehringer rushes to tell to Herman he has a live one on the line. 

How dare the staff work hard at recruiting kids who haven't already said they'd commit to Texas

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, irishtexan said:

Serious question - wouldn't there be compliance problems with a kid signing his LOI but not publicly announcing his decision? Hypothetically if Bru has signed with USC, but has not announced, and Herman/UT staff continues to recruit him, wouldn't that be a violation of some sort? 

Just because he didn't publicly announce a decision doesn't mean he didn't tell the coaches. If Bru has already signed (he has), the Texas staff knows it.

4 minutes ago, irishtexan said:

Serious question - wouldn't there be compliance problems with a kid signing his LOI but not publicly announcing his decision? Hypothetically if Bru has signed with USC, but has not announced, and Herman/UT staff continues to recruit him, wouldn't that be a violation of some sort? 

You'd think there has to be some sort of clearinghouse where schools can identify which players have/have not signed LOI's.    But i wouldn't put it past the NCAA to just leave it up to the players/schools to figure it out on their own.  

3 minutes ago, Lonestar88 said:

Just because he didn't publicly announce a decision doesn't mean he didn't tell the coaches. If Bru has already signed (he has), the Texas staff knows it.

That's the assumption. But we don't know that for sure. And that's not really what I was getting at. 

3 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

You'd think there has to be some sort of clearinghouse where schools can identify which players have/have not signed LOI's.    But i wouldn't put it past the NCAA to just leave it up to the players/schools to figure it out on their own.  

That would probably be easiest and make the most sense. But this is the NCAA we're talking about. Just wondering if anyone had any confirmed info re: how the NCAA was dealing with that. 

Just now, Gene Parmesan said:

I am guessing there is something more official than a twitter announcements that involved parties can look to for these things.  I mean this whole construct existed prior to the internet so some kind of frame work has to be out there.

Not really. This is a new complication resulting from having two signing days. Previously everyone signed on the same day, and those that didn't sign on signing day (terrelle pryor) could continue to be recruited. 

Edited by irishtexan

10 minutes ago, irishtexan said:

That's the assumption. But we don't know that for sure. And that's not really what I was getting at. 

That would probably be easiest and make the most sense. But this is the NCAA we're talking about. Just wondering if anyone had any confirmed info re: how the NCAA was dealing with that. 

Not really. This is a new complication resulting from having two signing days. Previously everyone signed on the same day, and those that didn't sign on signing day (terrelle pryor) could continue to be recruited. 

How did anyone know who signed and who didn't 30 years ago even if it was just one signing period?

Edited by Gene Parmesan

10 hours ago, futureman said:

sorry to see the seniors go but we have to get a lot better on the OL.  guys like angilau and tyler johnson and christian jones and kerstetter and all the rest of them too need to get bigger and meaner than we’ve been in a long time.  gotta get the running game more consistent.

Cosmi, Angilau, Hudson (if cleared), Kerstetter, a redshirted Okafor, Tyler Johnson, Christian Jones, Shepherd if he makes it in. All of these guys athletically represent bigger, stronger, higher upside players than Vahe, Rodriguez, Shackleford, and even Calvin Anderson. I expect a big jump forward on the OLine next year.

The university files the LOI with the NCAA.

I would think a "secret" signing wouldn't be official until filed.  I don't know how the filing deadlines work with early signing.  I'd think it needs to already be filed - so both universities are probably aware.

8 minutes ago, JBJ said:

The university files the LOI with the NCAA.

I would think a "secret" signing wouldn't be official until filed.  I don't know how the filing deadlines work with early signing.  I'd think it needs to already be filed - so both universities are probably aware.

During the whole Duvernay debacle I thought I read that the University has 14 days to submit an LOI - after that its void and the player would need to sign another.

You should sign your NLI in duplicate. Once you have signed it twice, retain one copy of the signed NLI for your records. You should send the other copy back to the institution. When the institution receives it, they are responsible for forwarding a copy to their conference office. The institution must file your NLI with its conference within 14 days after the date of final signature. If this filing deadline is not met, the letter will be declared invalid.

Edited by Hiphopopotamos
I was wrong - its 14 days
  • Like 1

So, I'm hesitant to step into the McCoy thing, but from the NLI home page:

This prohibition requires member institutions to cease recruitment of a prospective student-athlete once an NLI is signed with another institution.

I shall notify any coach who contacts me that I have signed an NLI. Once I enroll in the institution named in this document, the NLI Recruiting Ban is no longer in effect and I shall be governed by applicable NCAA bylaws.

If McCoy has signed his NLI, then Texas knows, one way or another.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Bateshorn said:

So, I'm hesitant to step into the McCoy thing, but from the NLI home page:

This prohibition requires member institutions to cease recruitment of a prospective student-athlete once an NLI is signed with another institution. 

I shall notify any coach who contacts me that I have signed an NLI. Once I enroll in the institution named in this document, the NLI Recruiting Ban is no longer in effect and I shall be governed by applicable NCAA bylaws.

If McCoy has signed his NLI, then Texas knows, one way or another. 

If you go back to the night of NSD1, there was a report that the Bru's mom talked at length with the Texas staff.  This is why it would have been his mom and not Bru would have been communicating with them--because he isn't allowed to.

11 hours ago, satyanash said:

E.J. Holland: Recruits react to UT's Sugar Bowl win over Georgia

Reveal hidden contents

RB Deondrick Glass, Katy — “Texas looking good! Defense wins championships. Texas just beat a very good Georgia team. Impressive! Texas can very easily be in the playoffs next year if they play like this all of next season. Great win.”

WR Marcus Washington, Trinity Catholic (MO) — “This is just the beginning. We can play with anyone.”

WR Kennedy Lewis, Melissa — “It was a well-deserved game. They came out hard, and it started with Bevo.”

WR Troy Omeire, FB Austin (2020) — “It was a great win. LJ (Humphrey) and Collin (Johnson) made big plays when needed, and the defense did their thing. It was a great team win.”

WR Ryan King, Grayson (GA) (2020) — “After I saw the video of Bevo and Uga, I already knew how the game was going to go out. Texas just wanted it more.”

WR Latrell Neville, FB Willowridge (2021) — “This goes to show you that the BEST team in the Big 12 can play in the SEC.”

TE Jared Wiley, Temple — “Texas is back.”

TE DJ Rogers, Eastside Catholic (WA) (2020) — “I was very impressed with how they came out fast and physical. Their QB is nice, and I like what they are doing at Texas.”

OL Chad Lindberg, Clear Creek (2020) — “Big win against the second best team in the country. Good to see Texas able to pull off a win no one thought they could.”

OL Jaylen Garth, Port Neches-Groves (2020) — “Texas made Georgia not want to play anymore. Period.”

OL Geirean Hatchett, Ferndale (WA) (2020) — “That was a really good win for the Texas program. They came out ready to play and dominated early. It was good to see that level of physicality.”

OL Logan Parr, SA O’Connor (2020) — Texas’ win against Georgia is a big testament to what Coach (Tom) Herman has done and will continue to do with the program.”

OL Erick Cade, Denton Braswell (2021) — “It was a great way to end on a high note.”

OL Donovan Jackson, Bellaire Episcopal (2021) — “I can’t say I saw this coming. This was definitely a wake up call to reevaluate my recruitment. I always thought of Texas highly, but this is a win that I needed to reassure myself in what Coach (Tom) Herman is building.”

DL T’Vondre Sweat, Huntsville — “Yes, we’re back. Can’t wait to get there and win a championship. TEXAS IS BACK!”

DL Peter Mpagi, George Ranch — “SEC”

DL Myron Warren, Many (La.) — “Awesome win by Texas. Hook Em nation.”

DL Tunmise Adeleye, Katy Tompkins (2021) — “Texas is back, baby. The team came out and proved Big 12 schools can hang with and even beat SEC schools.”

LB De’Gabriel Floyd, Westlake (Calif.) — “That’s what happens when we play with that fire.”

LB David Gbenda, Katy Cinco Ranch — “Future19 on the horizon.”

LB Caleb Johnson, Fllerton College — “What we needed.”

CB Kenyatta Watson II, Grayson (GA) — “I mean, it was exactly what I expected. Georgia came out with a strong run game and tried to use it to its advantage, but I think we had too much of a bad taste in our mouth from the Big 12 championship loss. We were too hungry to lose, and it showed.”

S Chris Adimora, Mayfair (Calif.) — “I mean, I had faith in our guys going in. They just executed everything perfectly.”

S Tyler Owens, Plano East — “I knew it. I stand behind my boys no matter the circumstances.”

ATH Michael Henderson, Carrollton Ranchview (2020) — “I knew they were going to win. I had them pulling it off. I think Texas is back, in my opinion, and the future is bright.”

ATH Joel Williams, Madison Prep (La.) (2020) — “I didn’t know Texas was going to come out strong like that, but that was the best game to me.”

ATH Jovan Ferguson, St. Thomas Aquinas (Fla.) (2020) — “I knew Texas was going to win flat out, but Georgia played a well hard fought game. But you know, Longhorns up, baby.”

Got the updated version of this?  Supposedly comments from Evans, Sa'vell Smalls, and others.

Spoiler

QB Hudson Card, Lake Travis (2020) — "That win was huge. Georgia is obviously one of the best teams in the country, and we took care of business. Looking forward to what the future holds after that one." 

RB Derrian Brown, Buford (GA) — "They just wanted it more and left it all out on the field. I’m so hyped for them and can’t wait to be a part of that. We’re baaaack!!!" 

RB Deondrick Glass, Katy — “Texas looking good! Defense wins championships. Texas just beat a very good Georgia team. Impressive! Texas can very easily be in the playoffs next year if they play like this all of next season. Great win.”

RB Zach Evans, North Shore (2020) — "Sensational. They executed when they needed. Overall, it proved they can hang with the big dawgs." 

RB Ty Jordan, West Mesquite (2020) — "Impressive win. Texas dominated from the opening kickoff to the final whistle. It was a program changing victory for the Longhorns."

RB Sam Adams II, Eastside Catholic (2020) — "I knew it was going to be a pretty good game coming in but seeing the underdog come out on top is always a great feeling. Great job by the coaching staff and players." 

WR Marcus Washington, Trinity Catholic (MO) — “This is just the beginning. We can play with anyone.”

WR Kennedy Lewis, Melissa — “It was a well-deserved game. They came out hard, and it started with Bevo.”

WR Troy Omeire, FB Austin (2020) — “It was a great win. LJ (Humphrey) and Collin (Johnson) made big plays when needed, and the defense did their thing. It was a great team win.”

WR Ryan King, Grayson (GA) (2020) — “After I saw the video of Bevo and Uga, I already knew how the game was going to go out. Texas just wanted it more.”

WR Latrell Neville, FB Willowridge (2021) — “This goes to show you that the BEST team in the Big 12 can play in the SEC.”

TE Brayden Liebrock, Chandler (AZ) — "Huge win for the program. Think it will bring some notice to how Texas is coming and excited to be a part of the ride next year." 

TE Jared Wiley, Temple — “Texas is back.”

TE DJ Rogers, Eastside Catholic (WA) (2020) — “I was very impressed with how they came out fast and physical. Their QB is nice, and I like what they are doing at Texas.”

OL Chad Lindberg, Clear Creek (2020) — “Big win against the second best team in the country. Good to see Texas able to pull off a win no one thought they could.”

OL Jaylen Garth, Port Neches-Groves (2020) — “Texas made Georgia not want to play anymore. Period.”

OL Geirean Hatchett, Ferndale (WA) (2020) — “That was a really good win for the Texas program. They came out ready to play and dominated early. It was good to see that level of physicality.”

OL Chris Morris, Freedom Prep (TN) (2020) — "Texas played very hard and impressed." 

OL Logan Parr, SA O’Connor (2020) — Texas’ win against Georgia is a big testament to what Coach (Tom) Herman has done and will continue to do with the program.”

OL Jake Majors, Prosper (2020) — "It was a tremendous win for Coach (Tom) Herman and UT. It shows everyone they are back and are on the rise. I'm very excited for them and me as a recruit." 

OL Reuben Fatheree, Richmond Foster (2021) — "They dominated upfront all game long." 

OL Hayden Conner, Katy Taylor (2021) — "I just sent Coach (Herb) Hand a text! Amazing win and will definitely open some eyes on what Texas is building. Happy for Elijah (Rodriguez) and the o-line and everything they accomplished this year." 

OL Erick Cade, Denton Braswell (2021) — “It was a great way to end on a high note.”

OL Donovan Jackson, Bellaire Episcopal (2021) — “I can’t say I saw this coming. This was definitely a wake up call to reevaluate my recruitment. I always thought of Texas highly, but this is a win that I needed to reassure myself in what Coach (Tom) Herman is building.”

OL Bryce Foster, Katy Taylor (2021) — "They dominated upfront. Period. Bevo set the tone." 

OL Tommy Brockermeyer, FW All Saints (2021) — "It was an awesome game and a huge win for Texas. It's always fun to beat one of the best teams in the nation." 

DL T’Vondre Sweat, Huntsville — “Yes, we’re back. Can’t wait to get there and win a championship. TEXAS IS BACK!”

DL Peter Mpagi, George Ranch — “SEC”

DL Myron Warren, Many (La.) — “Awesome win by Texas. Hook Em nation.”

DL Alfred Collins, Bastrop Cedar Creek (2020) — "I thought the game was great, and they played extremely well." 

DL Tunmise Adeleye, Katy Tompkins (2021) — “Texas is back, baby. The team came out and proved Big 12 schools can hang with and even beat SEC schools.”

DL Landon Jackson, Pleasant Grove (2021) — "They are going to keep on progressing every year from here on out, and I see a national championship coming soon." 

LB De’Gabriel Floyd, Westlake (Calif.) — “That’s what happens when we play with that fire.”

LB David Gbenda, Katy Cinco Ranch — “Future19 on the horizon.”

LB Caleb Johnson, Fullerton College — “What we needed.”

LB Marcus Tillman, Orlando Jones (Fla.) — "It's a great win going into next year, and a great win for this program." 

LB Sa'vell Smalls, Garfield (WA) (2020) — "It was really impressive what they did tonight, and it’s really impressive on how quick they were able to turn around this program." 

CB Kenyatta Watson II, Grayson (GA) — “I mean, it was exactly what I expected. Georgia came out with a strong run game and tried to use it to its advantage, but I think we had too much of a bad taste in our mouth from the Big 12 championship loss. We were too hungry to lose, and it showed.”

CB Marques Caldwell, Alvin — "We believed, and we played TEXAS football." 

CB Dwight McGlothern, TC-Cedar Hill — "Manhandled. They beat them the whole game." 

S Chris Adimora, Mayfair (Calif.) — “I mean, I had faith in our guys going in. They just executed everything perfectly.”

S Tyler Owens, Plano East — “I knew it. I stand behind my boys no matter the circumstances.”

S Darius Snow, Hebron (2020) — "That’s huge for the program because it shows the progress. It’s often preached/said, but not as often accomplished. I’m excited for them." 

S Chris Thompson, Duncanville (2020) — "Big win for Texas. They showed that the SEC is not the only conference with dogs." 

S Bryson Washington, Houston CE King (2020) — "It was a great game. Both teams did amazing, but UT pulled it through. I mean, the game was called when Bevo charged Georgia’s mascot." 

ATH Michael Henderson, Carrollton Ranchview (2020) — “I knew they were going to win. I had them pulling it off. I think Texas is back, in my opinion, and the future is bright.”

ATH Joel Williams, Madison Prep (La.) (2020) — “I didn’t know Texas was going to come out strong like that, but that was the best game to me.”

ATH Jovan Ferguson, St. Thomas Aquinas (Fla.) (2020) — “I knew Texas was going to win flat out, but Georgia played a well hard fought game. But you know, Longhorns up, baby.”

ATH Kelvontay Dixon, Carthage (2020) — "Sweet victory." 

ATH Xavier Restrepo, St. Thomas Aquinas (Fla.) (2020) — "Of course, in this game, I thought Texas did nothing wrong, so the quote I am choosing is from Jimbo Fisher and he said 'We don’t practice to get it right. We practice to never get it wrong.' I felt like Texas executes very well and limited their mistakes."

ATH Shadrach Banks, North Shore (2021) —"Well, I already knew they were going to win, but it was a great win, and they showed a lot of people how good they really are." 

Edited by HtownHorn
  • Like 3

21 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:
  Hide contents

QB Hudson Card, Lake Travis (2020) — "That win was huge. Georgia is obviously one of the best teams in the country, and we took care of business. Looking forward to what the future holds after that one." 

RB Derrian Brown, Buford (GA) — "They just wanted it more and left it all out on the field. I’m so hyped for them and can’t wait to be a part of that. We’re baaaack!!!" 

RB Deondrick Glass, Katy — “Texas looking good! Defense wins championships. Texas just beat a very good Georgia team. Impressive! Texas can very easily be in the playoffs next year if they play like this all of next season. Great win.”

RB Zach Evans, North Shore (2020) — "Sensational. They executed when they needed. Overall, it proved they can hang with the big dawgs." 

RB Ty Jordan, West Mesquite (2020) — "Impressive win. Texas dominated from the opening kickoff to the final whistle. It was a program changing victory for the Longhorns."

RB Sam Adams II, Eastside Catholic (2020) — "I knew it was going to be a pretty good game coming in but seeing the underdog come out on top is always a great feeling. Great job by the coaching staff and players." 

WR Marcus Washington, Trinity Catholic (MO) — “This is just the beginning. We can play with anyone.”

WR Kennedy Lewis, Melissa — “It was a well-deserved game. They came out hard, and it started with Bevo.”

WR Troy Omeire, FB Austin (2020) — “It was a great win. LJ (Humphrey) and Collin (Johnson) made big plays when needed, and the defense did their thing. It was a great team win.”

WR Ryan King, Grayson (GA) (2020) — “After I saw the video of Bevo and Uga, I already knew how the game was going to go out. Texas just wanted it more.”

WR Latrell Neville, FB Willowridge (2021) — “This goes to show you that the BEST team in the Big 12 can play in the SEC.”

TE Brayden Liebrock, Chandler (AZ) — "Huge win for the program. Think it will bring some notice to how Texas is coming and excited to be a part of the ride next year." 

TE DJ Rogers, Eastside Catholic (WA) (2020) — “I was very impressed with how they came out fast and physical. Their QB is nice, and I like what they are doing at Texas.”

OL Chad Lindberg, Clear Creek (2020) — “Big win against the second best team in the country. Good to see Texas able to pull off a win no one thought they could.”

OL Jaylen Garth, Port Neches-Groves (2020) — “Texas made Georgia not want to play anymore. Period.”

OL Geirean Hatchett, Ferndale (WA) (2020) — “That was a really good win for the Texas program. They came out ready to play and dominated early. It was good to see that level of physicality.”

OL Chris Morris, Freedom Prep (TN) (2020) — "Texas played very hard and impressed." 

OL Logan Parr, SA O’Connor (2020) — Texas’ win against Georgia is a big testament to what Coach (Tom) Herman has done and will continue to do with the program.”

OL Jake Majors, Prosper (2020) — "It was a tremendous win for Coach (Tom) Herman and UT. It shows everyone they are back and are on the rise. I'm very excited for them and me as a recruit." 

OL Reuben Fatheree, Richmond Foster (2021) — "They dominated upfront all game long." 

OL Hayden Conner, Katy Taylor (2021) — "I just sent Coach (Herb) Hand a text! Amazing win and will definitely open some eyes on what Texas is building. Happy for Elijah (Rodriguez) and the o-line and everything they accomplished this year." 

OL Erick Cade, Denton Braswell (2021) — “It was a great way to end on a high note.”

OL Donovan Jackson, Bellaire Episcopal (2021) — “I can’t say I saw this coming. This was definitely a wake up call to reevaluate my recruitment. I always thought of Texas highly, but this is a win that I needed to reassure myself in what Coach (Tom) Herman is building.”

OL Bryce Foster, Katy Taylor (2021) — "They dominated upfront. Period. Bevo set the tone." 

OL Tommy Brockermeyer, FW All Saints (2021) — "It was an awesome game and a huge win for Texas. It's always fun to beat one of the best teams in the nation." 

DL T’Vondre Sweat, Huntsville — “Yes, we’re back. Can’t wait to get there and win a championship. TEXAS IS BACK!”

DL Alfred Collins, Bastrop Cedar Creek (2020) — "I thought the game was great, and they played extremely well." 

DL Tunmise Adeleye, Katy Tompkins (2021) — “Texas is back, baby. The team came out and proved Big 12 schools can hang with and even beat SEC schools.”

DL Landon Jackson, Pleasant Grove (2021) — "They are going to keep on progressing every year from here on out, and I see a national championship coming soon." 

LB De’Gabriel Floyd, Westlake (Calif.) — “That’s what happens when we play with that fire.”

LB Marcus Tillman, Orlando Jones (Fla.) — "It's a great win going into next year, and a great win for this program." 

LB Sa'vell Smalls, Garfield (WA) (2020) — "It was really impressive what they did tonight, and it’s really impressive on how quick they were able to turn around this program." 

CB Kenyatta Watson II, Grayson (GA) — “I mean, it was exactly what I expected. Georgia came out with a strong run game and tried to use it to its advantage, but I think we had too much of a bad taste in our mouth from the Big 12 championship loss. We were too hungry to lose, and it showed.”

CB Dwight McGlothern, TC-Cedar Hill — "Manhandled. They beat them the whole game." 

S Chris Adimora, Mayfair (Calif.) — “I mean, I had faith in our guys going in. They just executed everything perfectly.”

S Tyler Owens, Plano East — “I knew it. I stand behind my boys no matter the circumstances.”

S Darius Snow, Hebron (2020) — "That’s huge for the program because it shows the progress. It’s often preached/said, but not as often accomplished. I’m excited for them." 

S Chris Thompson, Duncanville (2020) — "Big win for Texas. They showed that the SEC is not the only conference with dogs." 

S Bryson Washington, Houston CE King (2020) — "It was a great game. Both teams did amazing, but UT pulled it through. I mean, the game was called when Bevo charged Georgia’s mascot." 

ATH Michael Henderson, Carrollton Ranchview (2020) — “I knew they were going to win. I had them pulling it off. I think Texas is back, in my opinion, and the future is bright.”

ATH Joel Williams, Madison Prep (La.) (2020) — “I didn’t know Texas was going to come out strong like that, but that was the best game to me.”

ATH Jovan Ferguson, St. Thomas Aquinas (Fla.) (2020) — “I knew Texas was going to win flat out, but Georgia played a well hard fought game. But you know, Longhorns up, baby.”

ATH Xavier Restrepo, St. Thomas Aquinas (Fla.) (2020) — "Of course, in this game, I thought Texas did nothing wrong, so the quote I am choosing is from Jimbo Fisher and he said 'We don’t practice to get it right. We practice to never get it wrong.' I felt like Texas executes very well and limited their mistakes."

ATH Shadrach Banks, North Shore (2021) —"Well, I already knew they were going to win, but it was a great win, and they showed a lot of people how good they really are." 

I think Zach Evans meant it like this giphy.gif

27 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:
  Hide contents

Quotes Jimbo when discussing Texas..........do not want

2 hours ago, Bevo14 said:

Yes - they’ve had the best 10 year stretch in the history of college football or something like that. And #1 recruiting classes in spades during that time. 

44 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:
  Hide contents

This guy is 100% CB to aggy...would be hilarious to watch aggy say he sucked anyway if he comes to play for the good guys:

10 minutes ago, OU Sucks said:

This guy is 100% CB to aggy...would be hilarious to watch aggy say he sucked anyway if he comes to play for the good guys:

When you see “Bellaire Episcopal” as the school for a recruit, you should assume that Slick Willie Lyles is involved, and all that that entails.