Texas recruiting notes 2019

bigup2dahorns

TFB on Broussard

The Texas staff has been in some contact with California DB McKel Broussard out of Sherman Oaks, California.

Broussard is a legit 6-foot tall and has not looked out of place at all this weekend. Though his offer list at the moment isn’t as flashy as other prospects here this week, Broussard is a player and deserves a look.

Broussard is real close with De’Gabriel Floyd and was seen hanging around the Texas signees throughout the practice. He even jumped in a couple photos with the Floyd, Whittington and Owens during the media availabilities.

As of now, there has not been a whole lot of contact between the staff and Broussard. Though he did say he expects it to pick up after this week. Broussard mentioned Floyd as a “bridge” between him and the staff.

Broussard has been down to Austin twice, as recent as last Friday. He’s hearing from New Mexico, LSU, Arizona, Boise State and will commit in the February.

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/2565608/5c09f91ba677e

Man, Ealy looked electric in the game tonight. Thibodeaux is also fucking badass. I'm going to hate Wease for the next three years.

Washington and Gbenda had pretty great games in limited action. Roschon was hit or miss but was easily the best QB on their squad, hence why he played about 3/4ths of the game. Calzada was horrific! lulz. Liebrock played sparingly and didn't have a target. Was pretty disheartening to see Roschon and Cain being effective in the backfield together. 

Was a pretty fun game to watch. Deion is such a weirdo.

24 minutes ago, Machinator said:

TFB on Broussard

Hide contents

The Texas staff has been in some contact with California DB McKel Broussard out of Sherman Oaks, California.

Broussard is a legit 6-foot tall and has not looked out of place at all this weekend. Though his offer list at the moment isn’t as flashy as other prospects here this week, Broussard is a player and deserves a look.

Broussard is real close with De’Gabriel Floyd and was seen hanging around the Texas signees throughout the practice. He even jumped in a couple photos with the Floyd, Whittington and Owens during the media availabilities.

As of now, there has not been a whole lot of contact between the staff and Broussard. Though he did say he expects it to pick up after this week. Broussard mentioned Floyd as a “bridge” between him and the staff.

Broussard has been down to Austin twice, as recent as last Friday. He’s hearing from New Mexico, LSU, Arizona, Boise State and will commit in the February.

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/2565608/5c09f91ba677e

https://247sports.com/Player/McKel-Broussard-46050702/

is he a PWO candidate??

29 minutes ago, Dilligas said:

Gotdam I miss SpiderAg, feel like he broke my hymen on message boards.

The one where he details the GAP Kid & other Red Raider fans storming the field, tearing down the goalposts, and then shoving the goalpost up his ass was so god damned funny that I'm still chuckling about it all these years later just trying to remember the details.

He was absolutely PURE GOLD.

3 hours ago, pigmeat markham said:

Fwiw, former Tech commit and current target North Shore DB, Keeyon Stewart, quoted today as saying he's hearing from UT among others.

247: https://247sports.com/Player/Keeyon-Stewart-46052810/

Hudl: http://www.hudl.com/profile/6408551/Keeyon-Stewart

Twitter: https://twitter.com/keeyon24

Edited by NoName
  • Like 1

TFloss with stuff from OB on Buechele and Winter Conditioning 

Spoiler

OrangeBloods saying a rumor they've heard this week is QB Shane Buechele is looking at transferring to SMU for his final year of eligibility.

However, he's not entered the NCAA's transfer portal and hasn't indicated to anyone that he intends on leaving.

///

Per OrangeBloods, winter conditioning is scheduled to begin on January 22nd when the spring semester starts.

• Like 1

SIAP:

Baron Simmons on Floyd and Owens:

Spoiler

Barton Simmons had Floyd as one of the top 10 performers in the All-American Bowl practice today: 

"LB De'Gabriel Floyd (64) - Lining up in the middle of the defense, Floyd has been around the football all week, and especially on Thursday. He has a great nose for the ball, great ability to recognize and diagnose and gets downhill in a hurry. Floyd is going to Texas."

Also had nice things to say about Owens:

"Texas signee Tyler Owens (197) continues to impress us. Not only did he have an interception for the second straight day but he also had a tackle for loss in a team period. He has so much upside with his length, speed and ball skills."

IT Poster snapshot of current player rankings (so we can see how they change post all star games)

Spoiler

A snapshot of current rankings for our signees from each of the 3 services. Will be interesting to see how things change after AA games are finished and final rankings come out. ESPN and Rivals doesn't go as high as 247, hence the -'s by some names. 

tAEidO.png

• Like 5

26 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Rivals is just the fucking worst.  How can anyone watch Floyd and even think he's not one of the top 100 players in the country?

I'd call them lazy, but I think they're just incompetent.

I dont know man. I mean, Rivals fucking sucks a pulsing, giant donkey dick. But looking at that 247 list isn't exactly making me feel great about their individual rankings. Whittington is way off the other services there, as are Kenyatta Watson and motherfucking Jake Smith, who doesn't even crack the 150 and likely wont since he was out for the all star games. We've beaten their hilarious bad ranking of Roschon to death at this point, but Jesus H. Tap Dancing Christ it's still hysterically bad. And Marcus Washington, Under Armour MVP says hello as well from 300 spots back. Just fucking horrible. 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Rivals is just the fucking worst.  How can anyone watch Floyd and even think he's not one of the top 100 players in the country?

I'd call them lazy, but I think they're just incompetent.

247 isn't much better with their Jake Smith ranking