Texas recruiting notes 2019

4 minutes ago, Reese Bennett said:

KK fucked it up. Why hook up with USC when you're exploring other options?

I heard he’s actually being looked at for HC positions (Arizona and the Jets). I’m guessing even he never imagined that would happen with the NFL. 

• Like 1

Just now, Barry_McCokiner said:

Never was a factor right?

From today's open post:

We are also aware of the Kliff Kingsbury drama (AD Lynn Swann blocking NFL teams from speaking with him about their head coaching positions). Sources tell us how that plays out will have no effect on Bru and USC. He is a Trojan and will remain as such.

1 minute ago, Barry_McCokiner said:

When I heard he signed a couple of weeks ago, I assumed USC.  They start classes earlier than we do right?

No idea, just saw that he's already on campus and is about to start the process of moving in 

4 minutes ago, Barry_McCokiner said:

When I heard he signed a couple of weeks ago, I assumed USC.  They start classes earlier than we do right?

yes, there was some post about him moving in that was here a while back.  first day of classes is today (1/7)...

56 minutes ago, destroya said:

But what do you think TH wants to do ?

Well, I could be like the 9.95ers and just pull something out of my ass.

After speaking with my connections, it appears that there will be a staff shakeup after the AFCA convention. TH wants to bring Beaty in to shore up Dallas recruiting and to help with playcalling. Beck has indicated that he is okay with the change and will move over to coach TEs. Of course, this means Warehime will go. His two year contract is up and it was apparent after the hire of coach Hand, Warehime's days on teh 40 acres were numbered. The big question that remains is at WR and DL. Coach Meh, we have heard, has been speaking with teams on the East Coast and is perhaps looking for greener pastures. The question remains whether Mehringer will be replaced if he leaves or the spot is filled with a DL coach. Coach Giles isn't going anywhere but he has had some difficulties relating to the younger generation and could use some help on the recruiting trail.

In other news, there has been some indication that coach Herman has been in contact with Tyron Carrier, the WR coach of the West Virginia Mountaineers under Dana Holgorsen. While the obvious move would be for Carrier to follow Dana Holgorsen to the University of Houston, Texas remains a darkhorse candidate for his services. Carrier is a dynamite recruiter and could really shore up Tom Herman's staff. Stay tuned because the coaching situation is very fluid. After the huge Sugar Bowl victory, coaches are clamoring to join Tom Herman's staff. On the other hand, Coach Herman is reluctant to have a large staff turnover. He has been happy with how the Horns have performed on and off the field.

• Like 9

2 minutes ago, Bevo said:

After speaking with my connections, it appears that there will be a staff shakeup after the AFCA convention. TH wants to bring Beaty in to shore up Dallas recruiting and to help with playcalling. Beck has indicated that he is okay with the change and will move over to coach TEs. Of course, this means Warehime will go. His two year contract is up and it was apparent after the hire of coach Hand, Warehime's days on teh 40 acres were numbered. The big question that remains is at WR and DL. Coach Meh, we have heard, has been speaking with teams on the East Coast and is perhaps looking for greener pastures. The question remains whether Mehringer will be replaced if he leaves or the spot is filled with a DL coach. Coach Giles isn't going anywhere but he has had some difficulties relating to the younger generation and could use some help on the recruiting trail.

In other news, there has been some indication that coach Herman has been in contact with Tyron Carrier, the WR coach of the West Virginia Mountaineers under Dana Holgorsen. While the obvious move would be for Carrier to follow Dana Holgorsen to the University of Houston, Texas remains a darkhorse candidate for his services. Carrier is a dynamite recruiter and could really shore up Tom Herman's staff. Stay tuned because the coaching situation is very fluid. After the huge Sugar Bowl victory, coaches are clamoring to join Tom Herman's staff. On the other hand, Coach Herman is reluctant to have a large staff turnover. He has been happy with how the Horns have performed on and off the field.

giphy.gif

Clay Helton still being employed is only slightly less mystifying than Lynn Swann still being employed. I am obviously overjoyed on a regular basis with being a graduate of the By God University of Texas, but even if I weren't, I would still be able to say "At least I'm not associated with the shitshow that is USC."

1 hour ago, Reese Bennett said:

KK fucked it up. Why hook up with USC when you're exploring other options?

I guess he was as skeptical as all the other sane people about the prospects of a fired Texas Tech coach getting a head coaching gig in the NFL. He'd have looked pretty stupid to have turned down USC and then not had a gig anywhere next year.

Just now, RomaVicta said:

I guess he was as skeptical as all the other sane people about the prospects of a fired Texas Tech coach getting a head coaching gig in the NFL. He'd have looked pretty stupid to have turned down USC and then not had a gig anywhere next year.

He's got the cash to sit out a year and look for an ideal situation.  USC doesn't seem to be ideal.

1 minute ago, RomaVicta said:

He made one of the classic blunders. The first is "Never get involved in a land war in Asia." Slightly less known, but equally valid, is "Never underestimate the stupidity of NFL general managers."

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Bevo said:

giphy.gif

Just now, Huckleberry said:

It means he will be broadcasting on Periscope in 5 minutes. He will talk about recruiting for 60 seconds and irrelevant shit that he thinks makes him seem cool for another 29 minutes. satyanash will suffer through all of it to let us know any information that is included and will report back after it's over.

Thank God.  Cool.

Just now, SydneyCarton said:

The same way I like keeping 1-2 raging lunatics on both sides of the political spectrum on FB as friends, just so you have some kind of touchstone with what the truly stupid masses of the world believe, I dislike putting anyone on ignore. 

fucking masochist

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

The same way I like keeping 1-2 raging lunatics on both sides of the political spectrum on FB as friends, just so you have some kind of touchstone with what the truly stupid masses of the world believe, I dislike putting anyone on ignore. 

Man, some of my favorite people in the whole entire world are on Facebook ignore, because that shit is brutal. You get perfectly sane individuals with decent personal ethics and a vibrant sense of humor, give them a Facebook account, and mention something remotely political, and they turn into frothing rabid slimemonsters with no verbal hygiene and even less sense.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

What are your Facebook friends’ Surly usernames?