Texas recruiting notes 2019

18 minutes ago, Walden Ponderer said:

Obviously,  getting Bru would be a good thing, but I could easily see this being the straw that breaks the camel's back for both Helton and Swann.

We'd best enjoy our SoCal pipeline while we can. SC will probably only be down for a couple more seasons.

Bru and Floyd are perfect ambassadors for future Cali recruiting. Ballers, smart kids, both committed to USC at one point, and well-liked in Cali player circles. Plus the in at Mater Dei.

13 minutes ago, Butch Had Not said:

So I guess the big news today won't be  a tweet from bru, UT, SC, or any other player but some random reporter with a screen shot with bru in the portal?

Then we wait further if Bru is coming. 

Yeah we're getting to 1k.

Mehringer checking the Portal 

68-C69-A0-C-AFBA-4-AB9-B8-F8-C387-D370-E

4 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

Well, of course, their requests for subsidies was not Paraguayan in and of it is as it were the United States government would never have if the president, our president, had not and as far as I know that's the way it will always be. Is that clear?

I'm not entirely sure I agree with that.  When you consider the bottom isn't about to be next when you if one takes a look at doesn't mean you haven't, well, I guess that's just another even after the day before irrelevant different is anyone still reading this i am just writing gibberish, too.

1 minute ago, Katfid54 said:

I'm not entirely sure I agree with that.  When you consider the bottom isn't about to be next when you if one takes a look at doesn't mean you haven't, well, I guess that's just another even after the day before irrelevant different is anyone still reading this i am just writing gibberish, too.

Yeah, and has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

2 minutes ago, Jebus said:

Obviously getting ahead of everything with these types of discussions, but..

I'm interested to see (if ANYTHING happens) whether it ends up being Bru trying to get out of his NLI and then withdrawing from USC and enrolling at Texas (is such a thing even possible?) or if it's a more "standard" go into the transfer portal and transfer to Texas, then petition to be immediately eligible.

Not sure what all the rules are involving eligibility when withdrawing from one school and immediately enrolling at another (either with or without an NLI in force), so I'm not sure what the functional difference is between the two scenarios.  Seems like both of them rely on lawyers challenging the ineffectuality of the NCAA, which seems like a decent bet these days. 

Maybe the difference is that he gets the lawyering overwith before going to Texas (NLI invalidated), or after (transfer portal then petition for immediate eligibility).  If he got the NLI invalidated, would the fact that he was technically on scholarship at USC for a few weeks mean he couldn't be on scholarship for the spring elsewhere without some sort of intervention?

And what kind of timeframes are we talking?  Is the opportunity for counting him as an early enrollment already gone?

Anyone have any insight here?

If he askes out of his NLI, USC going to give it IMO.

They cannot block his transfer period. They could force him to sit out next year though, basically using up his redshirt year.

Not letting him out and every opposing recruiter going to use the "look how they treat the 5* kids"... and you want to go there? Imagine how much they care about you. Recruit parents will not be excited to know that the minute you sign all promises might be null and void.

1 minute ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

If he askes out of his NLI, USC going to give it IMO.

They cannot block his transfer period. They could force him to sit out next year though, basically using up his redshirt year.

Not letting him out and every opposing recruiter going to use the "look how they treat the 5* kids"... and you want to go there? Imagine how much they care about you. Recruit parents will not be excited to know that the minute you sign all promises might be null and void.

So you're saying "get out of the NLI" and not "go through the portal process" then?  

I guess my question there is whether him sitting out and redshirting in that scenario is up to USC or the NCAA.  For example, Shea Patterson at Michigan- Ole Miss didn't block his transfer, but he still had to petition the NCAA for immediate eligibility, right?

38 minutes ago, satyanash said:

From USC247 mod Ryan Abraham

new-understanding-the-stages-of-grief-1.

20 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Have to believe it will be a national guy who reports it first.  

Should we be taking bets on who breaks the story?

TFB was probably going to be the first to break it yesterday, so maybe them?

Had an early flight this morning and ran into Orlando at security at abia.  Felt like he was trying to keep a low profile, but dude sticks out like a sore thumb.  Strangely enough didn’t have anything with him.  Was around 440am.  Didn’t say anything to him but through flashed the horns to him and he returned it.  

Put your tinfoil hats on before you look up flight schedules and take it for what you will.

1 minute ago, GlenFromTheMailRoom said:

Had an early flight this morning and ran into Orlando at security at abia.  Felt like he was trying to keep a low profile, but dude sticks out like a sore thumb.  Strangely enough didn’t have anything with him.  Was around 440am.  Didn’t say anything to him but through flashed the horns to him and he returned it.   

Put your tinfoil hats on before you look up flight schedules and take it for what you will.

fuck this sounds like copypasta but cant tell

either way

aggy: TAMPERING