Texas recruiting notes 2019

bigup2dahorns

2 minutes ago, GlenFromTheMailRoom said:

Had an early flight this morning and ran into Orlando at security at abia.  Felt like he was trying to keep a low profile, but dude sticks out like a sore thumb.  Strangely enough didn’t have anything with him.  Was around 440am.  Didn’t say anything to him but through flashed the horns to him and he returned it.  

Put your tinfoil hats on before you look up flight schedules and take it for what you will.

Pls ask for his credentials to the portal.

4 minutes ago, GlenFromTheMailRoom said:

Had an early flight this morning and ran into Orlando at security at abia.  Felt like he was trying to keep a low profile, but dude sticks out like a sore thumb.  Strangely enough didn’t have anything with him.  Was around 440am.  Didn’t say anything to him but through flashed the horns to him and he returned it.  

Put your tinfoil hats on before you look up flight schedules and take it for what you will.

You didn’t even follow him to his gate to see what flight he was boarding? Fucking amateur. 

4 minutes ago, GlenFromTheMailRoom said:

I'm going to pass this on to porta potty lady and see what floats to the top.

Suchomel (non)update

New That story is all over the place now so it's pretty much impossible for us to ignore it.

This has been a very delicate story to track and we wanted to respect multiple sources' wishes to keep a lid on the information, but when others started hinting at some developments yesterday it poured gas on the fire and by the end of the night was burning out of control.

We've been tracking this story for a bit, including working the phones yesterday morning and throughout the day/night. What I feel comfortable saying now is that I can confirm that USC freshman wide receiver Bru McCoy is considering his options, including entering the transfer portal (McCoy began classes at USC earlier this month). He did meet with the USC staff yesterday to notify them of how he was feeling. As of last night, per a source close to the situation, I was told "nothing has happened," meaning no official decision had been made. I'm supposed to follow up with that person later today for an update, at which point I hope I'll be able to provide more information and more background (that'll happen at some point regardless).

Understand that this has been an extremely difficult time for McCoy and his family, and they did want to keep the news out of the media until a decision had been made. Now that it's being so widely discussed, they're undoubtedly fielding tons of calls which isn't making the process any easier for them. I expect we'll have a final answer soon, very possibly even today, but the bottom line is that McCoy is very seriously weighing his options. If he does opt to leave, Texas would obviously draw strong consideration since McCoy was so torn between Texas and USC throughout the recruiting process.

10 minutes ago, GlenFromTheMailRoom said:

Sources say he's leaving for a hydraulics position

4 minutes ago, Fud said:

Suchomel (non)update

Reveal hidden contents

New That story is all over the place now so it's pretty much impossible for us to ignore it.

This has been a very delicate story to track and we wanted to respect multiple sources' wishes to keep a lid on the information, but when others started hinting at some developments yesterday it poured gas on the fire and by the end of the night was burning out of control.

We've been tracking this story for a bit, including working the phones yesterday morning and throughout the day/night. What I feel comfortable saying now is that I can confirm that USC freshman wide receiver Bru McCoy is considering his options, including entering the transfer portal (McCoy began classes at USC earlier this month). He did meet with the USC staff yesterday to notify them of how he was feeling. As of last night, per a source close to the situation, I was told "nothing has happened," meaning no official decision had been made. I'm supposed to follow up with that person later today for an update, at which point I hope I'll be able to provide more information and more background (that'll happen at some point regardless).

Understand that this has been an extremely difficult time for McCoy and his family, and they did want to keep the news out of the media until a decision had been made. Now that it's being so widely discussed, they're undoubtedly fielding tons of calls which isn't making the process any easier for them. I expect we'll have a final answer soon, very possibly even today, but the bottom line is that McCoy is very seriously weighing his options. If he does opt to leave, Texas would obviously draw strong consideration since McCoy was so torn between Texas and USC throughout the recruiting process.

Translation:  We at Orangebloods had absolutely no idea what was going on and we're frantically working the phones to see if any of the rumors from the other sites are true.  However, we can confidently say that Bru is considering his options because that is how any rationale person thinks.

10 minutes ago, GlenFromTheMailRoom said:

I am tracking multiple flights to the west coast from AUS. Plugging telemetry into machine learning to determine which ones are decoys.

image.png

24 minutes ago, Jebus said:

So you're saying "get out of the NLI" and not "go through the portal process" then?  

I guess my question there is whether him sitting out and redshirting in that scenario is up to USC or the NCAA.  For example, Shea Patterson at Michigan- Ole Miss didn't block his transfer, but he still had to petition the NCAA for immediate eligibility, right?

Patterson was different as NLI no longer applied, only applies your first year, he was transferring. Like Ale Kaho from last cycle, get out of your NLI and you can sign and play anywhere, immediately.  Because he has attended classes already though... waters not 100% clear.

24 minutes ago, Jebus said:

So you're saying "get out of the NLI" and not "go through the portal process" then?  

I guess my question there is whether him sitting out and redshirting in that scenario is up to USC or the NCAA.  For example, Shea Patterson at Michigan- Ole Miss didn't block his transfer, but he still had to petition the NCAA for immediate eligibility, right?

Patterson was different as NLI no longer applied, only applies your first year, he was transferring. Like Ale Kaho from last cycle, get out of your NLI and you can sign and play anywhere, immediately.  Because he has attended classes already though... waters not 100% clear.

1 minute ago, Richter said:

Translation:  We at Orangebloods had absolutely no idea what was going on and we're frantically working the phones to see if any of the rumors from the other sites are true.  We were smart enough to not tip Ketch off, but he was busy stuffing his gullet at Pancho's anyway. His fingers would have been too greasy from the chalupas and raising the flag to have answered his phone.

FIFY

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Fud said:

Suchomel (non)update

Reveal hidden contents

So everyone knew but no one was talking.  

I guess they are all living that #respectmydecision life.

This all made up from my limited viewing of Bru's twitter profile but basef off the fact he hasn't posted squat about beeing at SC or moving in or living the dream or his new teammates etc, in fact he went radio silent on twitter on Jan 4 and hasn't even retweeted anything....

Tee Martin gets canned in November.  McCoys are worried, they liked Tee.  They don't want Bru going to play for some no name offensive coordinator with no track record.

Clay assures them he has a homerun and hires Kliff.  All is well.

Rumors start flying about Kliff to NFL. Clay says its just rumors.

Committment day nears and more rumors about Kliff including that SC is blocking him from talking to NFL teams and Kliff is supposedly not happy. McCoys are worried.  Clay guarunteed Kliff will be at USC.

Bru commits to SC and starts classes jan 7

Suddenly sc lets kliff interview, kliff leaves jan 9

Mccoys are pissed and feel lied to.

Clay appeases them but assures them that he will bring in a name and not some SC alumni nobody. Bru and family not happy but considering their options and waiting to see Clay come through.

2 weeks pass with nothing, reach out to Clay, Clay indicate resistance from swan to go outside the SC family. McCoys feel lied to again and begin considering if they really want to be at SC.

Again pure fiction, but I could see it playing out like that.  It would have to be a fairly big feeling of betrayal or such for it to get to this point I think...

Just now, Hornius Emeritus said:

Just when I was worried this bitch would not get to 1,000 pages, Bru McCoy steps in to rescue it.

I dream of a world in which Bru McCoy, Jordan Whittington, and Jake Smith are all on the field at the same time. 

And Marcus Washington

And Derrian Brown

And Roschon Johnson

Speed, motherfucker.  We can haz it?

I don't follow recruiting at all, but i just saw the 24/7 state rankings for 2019 and it looked like a&m was cleaning up in state while we only had like three or four guys from the top 30. are getting beat that bad in state or are we getting recruits from elsewhere? 

Edited by Goo Punch
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Goo Punch said:

I don't follow recruiting at all, but i just saw the 24/7 state rankings and it looked like a&m was cleaning up in state while we only had like three or four guys from the top 30. are getting beat that bad in state or are we getting recruits from elsewhere? 

what the actual fuck.

This is NOT what we're doing today.

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, GlenFromTheMailRoom said:

... flees this shithole to check Hot or Not?  Pos or Neg coming.

Just now, Goo Punch said:

I don't follow recruiting at all, but i just saw the 24/7 state rankings and it looked like a&m was cleaning up in state while we only had like three or four guys from the top 30. are getting beat that bad in state or are we getting recruits from elsewhere? 

hahaha, impeccable timing

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Goo Punch said:

TLDR