Texas recruiting notes 2019

bigup2dahorns

3 minutes ago, 4th and 5 said:

Well, the situation turned out to be fluid.

and now I’m back.

whats the latest?

Is it on the level of the Shiro Davis commitment? 

Did FWK get Ron Weaver, Jr. a PWO spot?

Pics or it didn't happen. 

Cliff notes:  Bru coming to Texas.  It's real.  We will find out for sure tomorrow, maybe Friday.  

2 hours ago, Burt Macklin said:

TFB’s update was plenty generic that no one could know exactly what it was. EJ’s tweet was so fucking regarded and obvious, he might as well have just said Bru to Texas.

it wouldn’t have taken even 2 seconds of thought to put something more cryptic up, like big news today got me listening to some Kanye.

literally anything would’ve been better than what he tweeted. Fuck EJ he’s a pathetic POS.

Had he just said feeling wavy and left it at that all would have been well.

I hate to piss on anyone’s Cheerios but if there is a “shhh” it’s prob not Bru because it’s doubtful that he’s been granted release and we aren’t allowed to have contact with him yet right?  That could only mean that it’s Sheppard and that Bru will almost certainty follow within days. 

3 minutes ago, Lhorn said:

I hate to piss on anyone’s Cheerios but if there is a “shhh” it’s prob not Bru because it’s doubtful that he’s been granted release and we aren’t allowed to have contact with him yet right?  That could only mean that it’s Sheppard and that Bru will almost certainty follow within days. 

There is not a shhh. That was a fake shhh by a new poster that we all entertained.

USC Mod Martinez Update: One source we spoke to Wednesday says that McCoy actually met with Clay Helton to discuss a possible transfer. Team sources were wary of that information as Helton was supposedly in Utah Wednesday with recruiting coordinator, Johnny Nansen. The assumption was that Helton was in Orem (Utah) to see USC wide receiver commit, Puka Nacua. However, Helton was scheduled to see Nacua in December before his official visit to USC and head coaches only get one in-home visit per cycle. This is a small, but important detail we are working on clarifying. As noted, there are several sources indicating that McCoy will more than likely ask to transfer out of USC within the next 24-48 hours. Those sources are not getting that information from Texas or USC. But as stated above, I have a source on McCoy's side of the story telling me "the rumors aren't true." It's really just a matter of what to believe, and having done this for 15 years, I know to grab a fire extinguisher when there is this much smoke around.

7 hours ago, Valmy77 said:

I mean who the fuck cares if a player counts in the rankings so long as they are on campus playing football?

While I agree with you, winning games is more important, aggy most certainly cares. When you never have actually one anything, but are somehow a premier program, you cling to anything that validates that idea.

6 hours ago, Chuckie Finster said:

This would be the most insane thing that's happened since I started following Longhorn recruiting.

9 minutes ago, bEastTexas said:

I started following in ‘05 with fucking Ryan Perriloux and this would definitely top that. 

You guys have short memories. 3 years ago we signed not 1, but 4 players after they turned in their NLI to another school because said school was a rape factory.

We then found out that only 3 of those NLI were ever official to begin with because rape aggy was also trying to cheat.

You guys have short memories. 3 years ago we signed not 1, but 4 players after they turned in their NLI to another school because said school was a rape factory.
We then found out that only 3 of those NLI were ever official to begin with because rape aggy was also trying to cheat.

Where’s Cecil Cherry going in all the mock drafts?
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Dbeasy said:

Jeez, how did this thread get back on Bru. The news isn’t Bru.

Since Im perfectly content being petty, and since apparently I posted my original comment about 2 pages too early before shit exploded last night, heres another live look in on dbeasy:

giphy.gif

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Like 7
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Since Im perfectly content being petty, and since apparently I posted my original comment about 2 pages too early becore shit exploded last night, heres another live look in on dbeasy:

giphy.gif

Dbeasy was just trying to deflect attention away from the happening in an attempt to prevent it from not happening. Mensa level thinking if you ask me.

45 minutes ago, Lonestar88 said:

NLIs are worthless. If a player throws a big enough fit they can get out of their NLI because of the PR backlash. 

Does USC want a player that has no interest to be there and bad mouths the school to other recruits with "they lied to me about Kingsbury so don't come here"? 

It's always best to just release signees because it's not worth the battle. 

Edited by texasstrong12
  • Like 2

Just now, texasstrong12 said:

NLIs are totally worthless. If a player throws a big enough fit they can get out of them because of the PR backlash. 

Does USC want a player that has no interest to be there and bad mouths the school to other recruits with "they lied to me about Kingsbury so don't come here"? 

I was thinking about this yesterday, and while I dont disagree, theres also something to be said about sending a message to future recruits that you’re not a turnstyle, or South Austin’s mom. You dont want to set a precedent that every kid can ask out. “You let out Bru, why not me?” Its got to be a challenging balancing act.  

• Like 1

NLIs are totally worthless. If a player throws a big enough fit they can get out of them because of the PR backlash. 

Yup. They have enough fires to put out right now so why would they want to battle another one? That being said, they didn’t end up in this situation by making sound decisions.

So Bru wouldn’t add to the class rankings because he’s a transfer? I don’t normally care but the thought of sneaking into 3 and edging out aggy is alluring.
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Longhornfrenzy said:

.4459d666f251b8cd97555a61c92859df.jpgd02944dd3a101128e6543dfda1c1d7ff.jpg

Uh...isn't the "Helton told him to sleep on it" story in this second post taken directly from a fan fiction post our thread (that was acknowledged as completely made up in the original post)?

This is amazing.

Seems like the last update posted from a usc insider references this same made up meeting with Mccoy and Helton. 

• Like 1

Regarding LOIs, 79% of waiver requests were granted on transfers last cycle in CFB. Coaching changes were often cited and usually a reason for granting. LOI waivers shouldn’t be expected to behave any differently with the same governing body. 

https://apnews.com/f8992e601c8948548393843f58037664?utm_campaign=SocialFlow&utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=AP_Sports

1 minute ago, Bodacious Bevo said:

https://247sports.com/player/ale-kaho-45572710/

Last year this kid signed with UW then wanted out. They released him from his NLI then he signed with Bama. He counts towards Bama's 2018 class, not UW's. 

So Bru will be in ours if USC releases him. If they don't then I'm not sure. 

This the kid who wanted to get closer to home and ended up at 'Bama? Happened pretty late too - 08/18/2018. Plenty of time even if it gets long and drawn out.

Did I imagine it, or was there a picture of Bru and a USC coach where the coach was doing the “shhh” to talk shit to Texas and Carrington?  Seems like it was hundreds of pages ago.

If this craziness actually happens, somebody should photoshop Carrington over the USC coach in that picture, maybe put them in the happening bunker.

or Bru can just just take the same pic with Carrington when he gets to Texas.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Jebus said:

Did I imagine it, or was there a picture of Bru and a USC coach where the coach was doing the “shhh” to talk shit to Texas and Carrington?  Seems like it was hundreds of pages ago.

If this craziness actually happens, somebody should photoshop Carrington over the USC coach in that picture, maybe put them in the happening bunker.

or Bru can just just take the same pic with Carrington when he gets to Texas.

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

NLIs are worthless. If a player throws a big enough fit they can get out of their NLI because of the PR backlash. 

Plus if USC doesn't do right by Bru, they risk pissing off the Mater Dei coaches and possibly hurting the relationship moving forward. That's not a pipeline USC wants to lose.