Texas recruiting notes 2019

bigup2dahorns

Just now, Thetexashammer said:

I don't remember Nick Saban being our head coach. Just some real estate agents getting their jimmies rustled.

The $9.95ers were going nuts and really driving the hysteria. They created it all almost single-handedly...or at least seemed to what really was going on I will never know. At various points they made what seemed ridiculous as all but a sure thing. Sort of like this deal.

I really don't understand why USC accepts having either Swann as AD or Clay as coach.  They have legitimate claim and history to being a true blue blood elite football program and can and should be a perennial Top 10 team at worst year after year.  It makes no sense to me, but I guess Texas has gone through this too so it does happen...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Valmy77 said:

I plan on making obnoxious Shakespeare references.

Than that poor Bru, with himself at war,

"Be not afraid of greatness, Bru. Some are born great, some achieve greatness, and some transfer then greatness is thrust upon them."

Edited by Thetexashammer
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, UTDD said:

I really don't understand why USC accepts having either Swann as AD or Clay as coach.  They have legitimate claim and history to being a true blue blood elite football program and can and should be a perennial Top 10 team at worst year after year.  It makes no sense to me, but I guess Texas has gone through this too so it does happen...

Putting Swann as AD was a small school move. Kind of embarrassing for them but USC has a bad track record of hiring former players as AD with predictable results.

13 minutes ago, satyanash said:

Meanwhile, the Horns247 users are blaming TFB for the leak. It's a shitshow

TFB’s update was plenty generic that no one could know exactly what it was. EJ’s tweet was so fucking regarded and obvious, he might as well have just said Bru to Texas.

it wouldn’t have taken even 2 seconds of thought to put something more cryptic up, like big news today got me listening to some Kanye.

literally anything would’ve been better than what he tweeted. Fuck EJ he’s a pathetic POS.

• Like 5

TFB’s update was plenty generic that no one could know exactly what it was. EJ’s tweet was so fucking regarded and obvious, he might as well have just said Bru to Texas.
it wouldn’t have taken even 2 seconds of thought to put something more cryptic up, like big news today got me listening to some Kanye.
literally anything would’ve been better than what he tweeted. Fuck EJ he’s a pathetic POS.

Lmao imagine people trying to link Texas to poopedy scoop
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

This would be the most insane thing that's happened since I started following Longhorn recruiting.

If we get Bru and jump from #9 to #3 all in the matter of one week while passing up aggy, it will be even better than malikmas. Having back to back #3 classes and getting to gloat in an absolute monsoon of aggy tears would almost be too much to handle.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

If we get Bru and jump from #9 to #3 all in the matter of one week while passing up aggy, it will be even better than malikmas. Having back to back #3 classes and getting to gloat in an absolute monsoon of aggy tears would almost be too much to handle.

would be so great..lol

If Bru McCoy does, in fact, end up coming to Texas, and I hope he does for the good of the kid, his family and the program, whether the 9.95'ers said anything they shouldn't have will have NO BEARING on that decision.  Take the posts for the entertainment they are and enjoy the ride.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, UTDD said:

Can the NCAA waive the NLI rule?  I think Bru has signed a NLI?  I think even with a full NLI clearance (which may be what Bru asked for from USC who knows) from USC, you can't sign another NLI in the same academic year.

If he gets a full release from USC, Bru could simply enroll at Texas and that would be that no NLI needed.  If there is a delay in his release, either by USC or NCAA, then we’d likely have to wait until Summer I before he’d be officially enrolled and on scholarship.

Edited by TKthunder2
  • Like 3

38 minutes ago, Thetexashammer said:

I don't remember Nick Saban being our head coach. Just some real estate agents getting their jimmies rustled.

Frankly, I’m having a hard time deciding between having the real estate agent in the next room rustle my jimmy, or keep sitting in the kitchen, drinking bru, and F5ing this thread

21 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

The beauty is regarding JS.  Baggins and all aggy wants that flip for optics, probably more than anything this cycle.  They would claim a tu flip and head to head win over Bama/UGA.   

But that great recruiting win means we move up and they move down, it's a paradox that would consume all aggy brain cell