Texas recruiting notes 2019

bigup2dahorns

4 minutes ago, Cap Hooked said:

Lol what? A composite top 10 player that’s out of state that would push our class to top 3 and would most likely be granted immediate eligibility is definitely bigger then a prima dona, dime a dozen Demas.

Can the NCAA waive the NLI rule?  I think Bru has signed a NLI?  I think even with a full NLI clearance (which may be what Bru asked for from USC who knows) from USC, you can't sign another NLI in the same academic year.

1 minute ago, lemonandaturd said:

Helton:  Sleep on it, Lynn will hire Josh McDaniels as soon as the Super Bowl is over.

Bru:  You may all go to hell and I will go to Texas. 

Bru isn't following Helton on Twitter anymore... but he is following Herman, Beck, and Mehringer... bodes well.

Also why the fuck are people talking about Demas. Stop that.

Look guys, with all this talk about big news today, I just want to say that while some people hear the news and choose to be cynics, like @closetojumping, or some figure out the clues quickly and then use their illusory sense of intellectual superiority to make fun of the old and decripit among us, like @Katfid54, I Have the courage to come out and tell everyone on this board that I believe

that this thread will make it to 1000 and @SydneyCarton works in hydraulics.

Edited by Burt Macklin
  • Like 3

Nahlin is claiming USC sites leaked it before EJ's post. 

It's probably all semantics at this point. If Bru wants doesn't want to extinguish the USC dumpster fire, he'll come here. 

Somewhat relate note: 

There's a scuttlebutt out there that Swann BANNED the USC Song Girls from games because they chanted Fire Clay at a recent event. He is f**king insane? 

Linkage: https://www.latimes.com/sports/usc/la-sp-usc-dance-controversy-20190118-story.html

Edited by billfromlaketravis

8 minutes ago, UTDD said:

Can the NCAA waive the NLI rule?  I think Bru has signed a NLI?  I think even with a full NLI clearance (which may be what Bru asked for from USC who knows) from USC, you can't sign another NLI in the same academic year.

Yeah you’re very right about that rule but I’m just assuming a kid like Bru who comes from a family with some money might be able to hire a lawyer that can find a way around it especially considering the circumstances

2 minutes ago, Cap Hooked said:

Yeah you’re very right about that rule but I’m just assuming a kid like Bru who comes from a family with some money might be able to hire a lawyer that can find a way around it especially considering the circumstances

I think using Kingsbury's fake hiring to get him to sign is a better case for a waiver than the racism Justin Fields allegedly endured.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

It's probably all semantics at this point. If Bru wants doesn't want to extinguish the USC dumpster fire, he'll come here. 

Somewhat relate note: 

There's a scuttlebutt out there that Swann BANNED the USC Song Girls from games because they chanted Fire Clay at a recent event. He is f**king insane? 

I think Nahlin was just trying to keep posters from murdering EJ. He's fully aware EJ's tweet earlier set it off 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Somewhat relate note: 

Linkage: https://www.latimes.com/sports/usc/la-sp-usc-dance-controversy-20190118-story.html

I’ll be glad to take any of the Song Girls who’d like to transfer to my harem.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Tired of Lurking said:

I think using Kingsbury's fake hiring to get him to sign is a better case for a waiver than the racism Justin Fields allegedly endured.

Agree with this logic for sure, but is Fields a transfer waiver versus Bru who would be requesting an NLI waiver too?  Fields attended Georgia for a year so he has no NLI issues as the requirements for the NLI is to attend one year at that institution but Bru is maybe in a different situation.  I don't know sometimes why players even sign an NLI, I could be wrong on this but I think a scholarship agreement is enough I believe for what matters and a few players in the past have done that although I think more in basketball.

2 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Let’s get back on topic. When Bru scores a touchdown or makes a big catch are we all going to do like a “Bruuuuuuuuuu” thing where it sounds like we’re booing but really we’re saying his name? 

We’ll need to call in Swoopes from Seattle for the official hand-over ceremony.

3 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I cannot wait to be admonished again by @TrojanPrincess regarding how wrong I am about disharmony at USC. How wrong I am that recruits and players aren’t wowed by the guy. How it’s all wonderful in Shangri-LA. That will be fucking awesome. 

It doesn't make any sense. How could anyone want to play for the big, bad, mean Tom Herman when they can all hold hands and sing songs with Clueless Clay?

7 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Let’s get back on topic. When Bru scores a touchdown or makes a big catch are we all going to do like a “Bruuuuuuuuuu” thing where it sounds like we’re booing but really we’re saying his name? 

I plan on making obnoxious Shakespeare references.

Than that poor Bru, with himself at war,