Texas recruiting notes 2019

bigup2dahorns

1 minute ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

If he went in thinking about adding name to portal, he has really no good reason not to. Only downside would be USC saying they don't want him back next year... like he would have issue finding another home.

All the leverage is created if he files his intent to transfer.

I think the only concern about fucking things up is the hope that Texas could then get him signed before anyone else tried to talk $$$ with him. (as Norla Horns points out)

Don't think the McCoy's need the money. Bags of cash don't seem like the M.O. for Bru, but we better make sure D. Floyd doesn't go missing overnight. 

• Fuck You 1

38 minutes ago, texaslong said:

USC seems like they are in turmoil right now. A temporary president and and an inexperienced AD.  It’s funny to think they hired Lynn Swann when some of there boosters wanted Del Conte back in ‘16. 

Kind of reminds of a school in the Texas capitol city that had the Governor and BoR at war with the president, hired a terrible AD, who was quickly replaced by a former player as an AD, add in a completely unsupported HC hire, and a bunch of other shit. 

Edited by ShaggyBevo RIP

26 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Chiropractor? Guy next door?

Count me the fuck in.

I have read through nearly 20 pages of rambling on this thread today and the last 2-4 have had me laughing in fits like a stoned idiot.

Even if nothing happens, this has been a very entertaining waste of time today and this Machinator post has had me chuckling like a college kid who just took a few rips from a 3 foot bong. Funny, funny stuff.

Put me in the camp that it’s more likely to happen than not at this point. 

If he reached the point that he met with the Hc and compliance people he and his parents have thought this through quite a bit. His parents already probably told him “to sleep on it” a while back. 

Also, and this is just my uneducated judgement based on following his recruitment, he didn’t seem like a recruit on the flaky end of the spectrum. I read it that the scene and vibe around the USC program is crazy toxic.  Worse than we even think. 

On the con side of the argument you really have two things. 

Peer pressure and the fact that such a high profile recruit attempting to transfer two weeks after enrolling has never happened to my knowledge. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, ShaggyBevo RIP said:

Kind of reminds of a school in the Texas capitol city that had the Governor and BoR at war with the president, hired a terrible AD, who was quickly replaced by a former player as an AD, add in a completely unsupported HC hire, and a bunch of other shit. 

ACC?

2 minutes ago, lemonandaturd said:

Since he has already been accepted at Texas and classes started yesterday, how much time does he have to transfer and enroll?  If the last date to register and add/drop courses is the 25th, then he would need to get here by Friday to enroll this semester.  

i enrolled almost 2 weeks in my junior year. it can be done

• Like 1

Regardless of whether this happens or not, I won't be surprised if this entire episode (Kingsbury leaving) has a lasting impact on recruits in similar situations.   Unless a 5 star is dead set on enrolling early it seems prudent to wait until the 2nd signing period and see how the entire coaching carousel shakes out.

• Like 1

Just now, Skipper said:

Regardless of whether this happens or not, I won't be surprised if this entire episode (Kingsbury leaving) has a lasting impact on recruits in similar situations.   Unless a 5 star is dead set on enrolling early it seems prudent to wait until the 2nd signing period and see how the entire coaching carousel shakes out.

If it does shake out, you can bet your ass every single coach in America will use this as a use case as to why you shouldn’t sign early unless you are 100% percent sure.

4 minutes ago, Skipper said:

Because no coaching changes ever take place after NSD2.

3 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Is it that fucking hard to understand that a player can put their name in the transfer portal without consulting their school or enabling the school to respond? It's apparent a ton of you guys do not understand the basics of what is a pretty basic thing. 

So, the transfer portal is kind of like a confession booth, where the player can enter and discuss any issues they might have,  then decide if it's as bad as they think it is?

Just now, EZ$ said:

I’d say this is equal to Demas flipping, not “way bigger”. 

Lol what? A composite top 10 player that’s out of state that would push our class to top 3 and would most likely be granted immediate eligibility is definitely bigger then a prima dona, dime a dozen Demas.

• Like 7

If it's true that USC is going to truly just go with Helton as OC (or elevate Drevno) because Swann didn't even want to interview Kliff Lite (Harrell) or any other forward thinking young OC after the Kliff deal --  then McCoy, Nacua, and Ford may simply be the tip of the iceberg. Holy. Fuck. 

Just now, golfclap said:

If it's true that USC is going to truly just go with Helton as OC (or elevate Drevno) because Swann didn't even want to interview Kliff Lite (Harrell) or any other forward thinking young OC after the Kliff deal --  then McCoy, Nacua, and Ford may simply be the tip of the iceberg. Holy. Fuck. 

They really need to blow the whole thing up.    What a mess.