Texas recruiting notes 2019

bigup2dahorns

40 minutes ago, Richter said:

I believe several have decided upon penis Frappuccino - they’re calling it the “Cold Bru”.

Charlie made it a thing to dab with recruits during the in-home visit in 2016. Let’s see if Herman can get the Cold Bru going. If Lindbergh’s in-home is at a Starbucks, we’ll know something’s up. Maybe he can do a line of coke off a stripper afterward as Michelle cheers him on. 

Obviously,  getting Bru would be a good thing, but I could easily see this being the straw that breaks the camel's back for both Helton and Swann.
We'd best enjoy our SoCal pipeline while we can. SC will probably only be down for a couple more seasons.

That’s when they’ll make that exciting Jack Del Rio hire.

2 minutes ago, Butch Had Not said:

So I guess the big news today won't be  a tweet from bru, UT, SC, or any other player but some random reporter with a screen shot with bru in the portal?

Then we wait further if Bru is coming. 

Yeah we're getting to 1k.

Plus Majors committing will boost traffic to the board as a whole. Big day coming.

6 minutes ago, Katfid54 said:

I tremble before the thought of Jack Del Rio recruiting kids to L.A.

3 minutes ago, Radical Larry said:

That’s when they’ll make that exciting Jack Del Rio hire.

In the words of the great @SydneyCarton, too fucking slow, motherfucker.

Edited by Katfid54
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Butch Had Not said:

So I guess the big news today won't be  a tweet from bru, UT, SC, or any other player but some random reporter with a screen shot with bru in the portal?

Yep. There are probably a half dozen Texas program and recruiting site staffers refreshing the portal every 2-3 minutes today.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Walden Ponderer said:

Feral cat transfer cages are designed with slightly larger doors than typical animal traps, with emphasis on easy transference from cage-to-carrier. They retail for as little as $50 to $60.

This is actually useful knowledge as I'm about to start trapping the feral cats.  Much obliged

1 minute ago, htownjd said:

is there a difference between being released from NLI vs being a transfer and getting a NCAA waiver?

My understanding is big picture no, as both would allow the player to be eligible this upcoming season.  Little picture being released from NLI will make him count rankings wise for this class.

Pulling this mostly out of my ass though.

You take Bru if he is there.  But, I hope this doesn't cost Helton his job right away because long-term you want USC to remain a sleeping giant and they will not awaken with their current coach.  SoCal on its own could be open for a solid pipeline of maybe 2-5 good recruits a year for Texas to grab hopefully without a dominant USC.

35 minutes ago, BurdineBandit said:

That has zero to do with Bru and 100% to do with us. Let the photoshop commence. When it happens, of course. In that alternate universe. Because it's not happening until it is or isnt it is it not.

Well, of course, their requests for subsidies was not Paraguayan in and of it is as it were the United States government would never have if the president, our president, had not and as far as I know that's the way it will always be. Is that clear?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, satyanash said:

From USC247 mod Ryan Abraham

Losing Bru might be a plus for the Trojans in bigger ways.  Considering the shitshow the entire program seems to be, If I were a USC fan, I'd be rooting for maximum chaos in order to get Swan and Helton fired and some guys in there that are competent for a program like USC.  Hiring Swan was a very aggy thing to do.   The embarrassment to losing Bru and KK like this might be an impetus for that move.

1 minute ago, CBHorn said:

I swear that the first post saying this "Big News" was about Bru was a joke.  We are setting ourselves up for the either the biggest positive recruiting twist ever or one giant Chuck Norris kick to the nuts.

We're about 16 hours and 26 pages past that, now, bitch.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

Well, of course, their requests for subsidies was not Paraguayan in and of it is as it were the United States government would never have if the president, our president, had not and as far as I know that's the way it will always be. Is that clear? 

This deserves some love.

5 minutes ago, htownjd said:

is there a difference between being released from NLI vs being a transfer and getting a NCAA waiver?

For Bru - end result no.

For USC - yes. Letting him out of his NLI might be the only chance they have to not completely implode with more negative press, all while still losing him (and possible others who are turned off from it)

10 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

What stage on the aggy grief scale are the USC mods at when they start putting out posts saying losing Bru is actually a good thing?

Personally I was a fan of this exchange on WeAreSC:

- Seems odd that he would want to leave SC and go to Texas - what does Texas have that SC doesn’t?

-- A competent HC and a stable program

--- Texas isn’t better off than SC with their HC and program. Plus I heard that Urban may be intrigued to come to SC next year.

giphy.gif

• Like 1

Obviously getting ahead of everything with these types of discussions, but..

I'm interested to see (if ANYTHING happens) whether it ends up being Bru trying to get out of his NLI and then withdrawing from USC and enrolling at Texas (is such a thing even possible?) or if it's a more "standard" go into the transfer portal and transfer to Texas, then petition to be immediately eligible.

Not sure what all the rules are involving eligibility when withdrawing from one school and immediately enrolling at another (either with or without an NLI in force), so I'm not sure what the functional difference is between the two scenarios.  Seems like both of them rely on lawyers challenging the ineffectuality of the NCAA, which seems like a decent bet these days. 

Maybe the difference is that he gets the lawyering overwith before going to Texas (NLI invalidated), or after (transfer portal then petition for immediate eligibility).  If he got the NLI invalidated, would the fact that he was technically on scholarship at USC for a few weeks mean he couldn't be on scholarship for the spring elsewhere without some sort of intervention?

And what kind of timeframes are we talking?  Is the opportunity for counting him as an early enrollment already gone?

Anyone have any insight here?